RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008

2009 Soulcraft Royale

Here are a few pictures of the new Soulcraft Royale frame I just built up. As others have noted, working with Sean to get it done right was easy and painless. The bike, I think, speaks for itself.

Here's the build:
    Soulcraft Royale, custom fit, creme de la creme paint
    2009 SRAM force group
    King/Open pro wheels
    Thomson stem/post
    Easton EC90 SL fork
    King headset
    FSA bars
    Charge Spoon saddle
    Salsa bits and pieces

Pictures:

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004

Awesome ride....

That is a great looking bike, drrock! Love that color. I have a charcoal Royale from 2003 or 2004. Still my main ride, and am currently rebuilding with a new set of Record carbon cranks. I've been pondering a repaint, and seeing that color gives me another option to consider.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2009 Soulcraft Royale-copy-img_1966.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    Thanks rwitte! I remember stumbling across a picture of your Royale when I was looking into Soulcraft. Yours is a very sharp looking bike and a good inspiration to pull the trigger on mine!

RoadBikeReview Member

it has drops

Sean makes a really nice frame.
    Mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2009 Soulcraft Royale-muddy%2520white%2520002.jpg  
    If life was fair,Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead.
    Johnny Carson

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    Great looking builds guys. I am contemplating buying a Royale myself. With Soulcraft being kinda reluctant to talk about tubesets I was curious if you could tell me what your bikes weigh?

thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    I'm not 100%, but I think in the 18 pound range for the complete bike. I can tell you the frame was 3.6 lbs. Sean typically uses a mix of True Temper and Columbus tubing I think. Don't confuse his non-focus on "A" or "B" tubesets as a sign that he's using some cheap, overweight tubing or anything. He uses the right ones for the job...that's his criteria. You just have to trust him on that, you won't be disappointed. The Royale was my second frame from him, and I've bought 2 others since. Love them all.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    I'm not really into weighing bikes, but the bathroom scale tells me the bike is around 18 lbs. With a can of beer in the cage, it weighs approx. 18lbs, 12oz. rwitte, can you post some pics of your other Soulcrafts? I'd love to see 'em.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004

Other Soulcrafts

The blue one is the most recent, 650b set up 1x9. The pistachio green SS was my first...circa 2001. The white one was my third, another SS. The two SS's have somewhat different builds now...pics are older. The white one is about to be converted to a 650b as an experiment. It should work due to the slider dropout.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2009 Soulcraft Royale-110-1070_img.jpg   2009 Soulcraft Royale-plowboy-small-pic.jpg   2009 Soulcraft Royale-copy-img_0204.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drrock
    Here are a few pictures of the new Soulcraft Royale frame I just built up. As others have noted, working with Sean to get it done right was easy and painless. The bike, I think, speaks for itself.

Here's the build:
    Soulcraft Royale, custom fit, creme de la creme paint
    2009 SRAM force group
    King/Open pro wheels
    Thomson stem/post
    Easton EC90 SL fork
    King headset
    FSA bars
    Charge Spoon saddle
    Salsa bits and pieces

Pictures:

Sweet bike! What kind of seat is that?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    The saddle is a Charge Spoon saddle with Ti rails.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    nice bike!!!
    what is the geometry on yours?