RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012

2014 Raleigh Bikes look Impressive

The new owners of Raleigh have really brought back the name. The cyclocross revamp announced a couple month ago got a lot of positive press. The disc Revenio and new steel gravel/commuter Tamland makes them a major player for 2014. Amazing what good ownership can do.

2014 Raleigh Road Bikes ? New Disc Revenio, Tamland Gravel Racer & More!

cs1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Raleigh is making inroads in a lot of niche markets. I am glad to see them back.
    1995 Waterford 1200
    1999 Waterford RSE-11
    Plus a host of old bikes too many to list.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2012
    I dig my new Revenio Carbon 4.0, just wish there were more people on them around here. I think they are a huge bang for the buck, especially when purchased on close-out/used.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 6_Myles View Post
    I dig my new Revenio Carbon 4.0, just wish there were more people on them around here. I think they are a huge bang for the buck, especially when purchased on close-out/used.
    They had a demo van near me yesterday, Ravenio 4.0 was sweet. electric shifters are pretty smooth too. But i swear the frame i road was a 60 and the promo kid said there was even a 62. I dont see that on the website though Just a 59. If thats all they got, the xl felt small for me at 6'3. 35 inseam.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty dread View Post
    They had a demo van near me yesterday, Ravenio 4.0 was sweet. electric shifters are pretty smooth too. But i swear the frame i road was a 60 and the promo kid said there was even a 62. I dont see that on the website though Just a 59. If thats all they got, the xl felt small for me at 6'3. 35 inseam.
    The new Revenio 4.0 isn't on the website yet. They probably had that at the demo. I don't know why they don't update their website. They announced the new cyclocross bikes months ago and still have the old ones on their site

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The new Revenio 4.0 isn't on the website yet. They probably had that at the demo. I don't know why they don't update their website. They announced the new cyclocross bikes months ago and still have the old ones on their site
    The 2014 cyclocross bikes are on the website now.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    The website is updated for the full line of 2014 bikes now. It appears that the Clubman is discontinued.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    I really wish Raleigh would put suggested MSRP on their site. It's very tough to compare models without having an idea of what the price is.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I really wish Raleigh would put suggested MSRP on their site. It's very tough to compare models without having an idea of what the price is.
    I agree. I like the bikes but prices should be there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    For those interested I was told that Raleigh's new gravel grinder, the Tamland, should be available the last week of the year. Sounds like a plug in date to me but whenever it does come out I'm going to get one. Specialized, Giant, Surly, Kona, GT and Trek all are coming out with similar types of bikes but the Tamland checks every box for me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The Tamland received a great review in the December issue of Pelotonmagazine (page 32). It sounds like a great bike, but I cannot justify a gravel bike when I have a cross bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    impressive??? Impressible crappy high end bikes you mean?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2013
    I bought two Raleigh entry level (ish) bikes this week. Wife got a '13 Capri 2.0 on closeout - and son got a '14 Revenio 2.0 discounted quite a bit (it seems to me) considering that it is still 2013.

I rode a '13 Revenio 3.0 while shopping for my own first road bike last fall. I think that the brand is worth a look - at least at the price points that I shopped.