RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002

Calling CHESINI Owners

Post your photos here! While decals and pantographed parts are no longer available. You can get jerseys, bib shorts, jackets, windbreakers, caps, etc, etc. Contact paolo DOT nappa AT chesini DOT it

Mine started out as a 1992 frame set. It was an ugly yellow, and I wanted to go with a more modern look. What's interesting is that this is Columbus EL-OS, lugged, in a compact design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calling CHESINI Owners-dscn0302_1.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by merckxman; 03-11-2008 at 01:46 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Modern looking it is! Strong work!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have a recently purchased a Chesini X Uno (Columbus SLX) that I am restoring - waiting on forks. Presently having a set of Columbus steel fork made. Have managed to track down Chesini 'Pantographed' Campagnolo C-Record Delta brakes & 3ttt stem. These frames are very unique especially in New Zealand - is built up with Campagnolo C-Record components, San Marco Regal saddle, Ambrosio rims, 3ttt handlebars and Campagnolo Aero Water bottle.

Last edited by steelisreal2; 09-01-2008 at 10:42 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002

Very nice!

X-UNO frames/bikes were "top of the line".

Quote Originally Posted by steelisreal2
    I have a recently purchased a Chesini X Uno (Columbus SLX) that I am going to restore. Presently having a set of Columbus steel fork made. Have managed to track down Chesini 'Pantographed' Campagnolo C-Record Delta brakes & 3ttt stem. These frames are very unique especially in New Zealand - will be built up with Campagnolo C-Record components, San Marco Regal saddle, Ambrosio rims, 3ttt handlebars and Campagnolo Aero Water bottle.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    awesome with the painted deltas. Too bad they don't stop

RoadBikeReview Member
    Like anything it is all in the way they are setup. The mechanical advantage of the Delta mechanism increases as the brake arms move closer to the rims, so it is best to start with a bit more travel in the brake lever. For the best results brake shoes should be about 3-4mm from 22.5mm rims, about twice the distance of a dual-pivot brakeset. The brakes work much better this way.

RoadBikeReview Member

Chesini X Uno restoration complete

Full restoration of a Chesini X Uno - Originally purchased as frame, over the last 12 months I have been gathering Campagnolo Record components, 3ttt handlebars/stem and various other parts - mostly via eBay.

Total weight of build - 9.18kg (excluding pedals).
    Last edited by steelisreal2; 05-30-2009 at 09:30 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002

Fantastic!

I have Chesini skewers but I need them for mine. It's something else to keep an eye out for.

RoadBikeReview Member

My mostly original '84 X-Uno

Here's mine. The pantographed parts are New Old Stock found on eBay this year. Otherwise
    it is like I built it in 1984, except for the pedals.

I have recently found a pair of Chesini pantographed Campagnolo Delta brakes, that I'm currently restoring to their former glory.
    Last edited by ragnar.jensen; 12-28-2008 at 01:00 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    2009 Pista

[IMG]IMG_3026[/IMG]

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007

Chesini UNO X

Heres my CHESINI. Full C Record Pantographed...

Enjoy...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calling CHESINI Owners-chesini-unox-side.jpg   Calling CHESINI Owners-chesini-unox-front.jpg   Calling CHESINI Owners-chesini-back.jpg   Calling CHESINI Owners-chesini-saddle.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Bit late but....
    Plain-gauge Columbus Zeta tubing, mostly Campag Record with Tipo hubs, Gran Sport seatpost, decent Dia-Compe aero brake levers, Mavic rims.
    Never really restored or altered since cheap repaint in approx 1987 - as it's hardly ever used.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calling CHESINI Owners-12chesini.jpg   Calling CHESINI Owners-13chesini2.jpg