RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004

Dean Ionic Bikes

Anyone have a direct extension for someone at Dean / Ionic? I ordered an Ionic frame around Thanksgiving time with a 2 -3 weeks out answer. I called before Christmas and after leaving several emails and voice mails I got someone on the sales line that said. "Right after the first of the year...."

I've called and left 3 messages this week and have not received a call back even though the answering machine promises a call in 24 hours. I am getting a little bit frustrated. So if someone has a direct extension of someone there that might answer the phone that would be great.

Thanks
    Mark

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    If you're calling and they've still got that automated voicemail thing, press the button for ordering. I think #1 and you should get a real person. I left messages for a bit, and finally they told me that's what I needed to do to get to a real person. Good luck, be sure to post some pics when you get it.

Defender of Freedom...

Dial option 1

Quote Originally Posted by MarkG2
    Anyone have a direct extension for someone at Dean / Ionic? I ordered an Ionic frame around Thanksgiving time with a 2 -3 weeks out answer. I called before Christmas and after leaving several emails and voice mails I got someone on the sales line that said. "Right after the first of the year...."

I've called and left 3 messages this week and have not received a call back even though the answering machine promises a call in 24 hours. I am getting a little bit frustrated. So if someone has a direct extension of someone there that might answer the phone that would be great.

Thanks
    Mark
    I've never not gotten a person with that option.

JR
    It never gets easier. You just go faster. Greg LeMond

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004

Update

I called yesterday and tried Option 1. I got to speak to Jen. I asked her the status and after a few moments she told me my frame was in paint.

About 2 hours later I get a call from them asking "What color would you like your frame to be?" hmmm. I ordered a red frame and when I called in late Dec. They asked again what I would like. Again I replied "I would like a red frame..." I asked them if there was anything with my order stating what color I had wnated. No was the answer I got.

I asked if anyone listened to or replied to the option 2 "Order Status" she seemed startled that I had not received a response after leaving 3 messages.

I also asked the normal turn around. After no getting an answer. I told her that I was informed that it would take approx 3 weeks to get the fram I ordered in November. She stammered a bit and blamed it on the holidays.

I am not normally a PITA about this kind of stuff. However I would rather they told me it would take 8 weeks if its gonna' take 8 weeks. Its not like I need it now. Just tell me straight up when the estimated delivery date is.

Defender of Freedom...
    I called yesterday and tried Option 1. I got to speak to Jen. I asked her the status and after a few moments she told me my frame was in paint.

About 2 hours later I get a call from them asking "What color would you like your frame to be?" hmmm. I ordered a red frame and when I called in late Dec. They asked again what I would like. Again I replied "I would like a red frame..." I asked them if there was anything with my order stating what color I had wnated. No was the answer I got.

I asked if anyone listened to or replied to the option 2 "Order Status" she seemed startled that I had not received a response after leaving 3 messages.

I also asked the normal turn around. After no getting an answer. I told her that I was informed that it would take approx 3 weeks to get the fram I ordered in November. She stammered a bit and blamed it on the holidays.

I am not normally a PITA about this kind of stuff. However I would rather they told me it would take 8 weeks if its gonna' take 8 weeks. Its not like I need it now. Just tell me straight up when the estimated delivery date is.
    Any updates? Be sure to post a pic when you get it, the Nemis Foco looks nice!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2003

Nemis S3

I just ordered a Nemis S3 Compact . I made calls to Ionic/Dean for to ask questions and calls were returned promptly every time. I was told 4 to 6 weeks, I was also asked if there was a rush. I told me the sooner the better but no rush as long as I get it by early April. As I have a Airborne Thunderbolt. So far very good service. I'll keep every one updated.
    Last edited by Rugby11; 02-22-2006 at 09:47 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004

Its Here!

Good Luck on the 4 - 6 weeks. I was told 2 - 3 week and it took nearly 4 months.

So I open the box with great tripidation. First thing that I notice is the order form has the wrong size on it. The I notice that I asked for a TShirt and I got the wrong one. OK. I measure the frame and it is the size I wanted. Whew..

It looks nice. The welds are pretty clean the paint is nice. The decals are really cool. In all I am really happy. I am in the procress of building it up.

See Pics of the progress. Once the build is complete Ill post some more pics along with a parts list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dean Ionic Bikes-ionic-001a.jpg   Dean Ionic Bikes-ionic-002a.jpg   Dean Ionic Bikes-ionic-008a.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2003
    Mark,
    Very nice. I am hoping John at Dean/Ionic is close on his estimated time for delivery. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Looks like your getting close on you build. Post a ride report when you can.

Defender of Freedom...

Looks sweet!

Any updates, I'm dying to know how that tubset rides.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004

Its Done

So I have completed the build and logged about 75 miles, This is the best riding bike I have owned. She handles well, accelerates quickly, and is a comfy ride. After some more miles I will give more ride impressions. here is a build list for those interested.

Wheelset: DA7800 hubs laced to Mavic Open Pros with Wheelsmith Black double Butted spokes
    Casette: DA 12-25 10sp
    Front and Rear Derailuers DA7800
    Shifting by DA7801 shifters
    Crankset: Ritchey WSC compact
    BB: DA7800
    Headset: Chris King
    Stem and Bars: Ritchey WCS OS
    Saddle; Fizik Allente
    Cages: Stainless Steel
    Fork: Easton EC 90SLX
    Tires: Bontrager Hard Case 700x23
    Tubes: Bontrager XXXLite
    Chain: DA 10Speed
    Brakes: DA7700 (I got a smokin' Deal!)

Bthroom Scale Weight @ 18lbs

When I take some better pix Ill post another one or two!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dean Ionic Bikes-ionic-017rbr.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2003
    Very nice,
    I just spoke to John at Ionic/Dean says a little behind but aiming at about 2 more weeks.
    Glad to hear you like the ride.
    Last edited by Rugby11; 04-24-2006 at 09:46 PM.

Defender of Freedom...

Lookin' Good

Looks sweet! I'd go for the compact but that's just me, that red looks fast.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004

Got Yer' frame Yet?

Rugby11 Get your frame yet?

Now that Ive got a bunch o' hundreds of miles on the bike. A couple more impressions. This frame is not as plush as some steel frames I've ridden. For me this is OK. It also accelerates better than most steel Ive ridden.

Ill let you know moree at the end if the season but so fart I think this is the best road bike I've owned.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2003
    Hi markg2,
    Sorry if I did not reply sooner. I was training for a century and with a baby in the house time has been short. No frame yet. In talking to John mostly because they try to go thru tru temper to get the S3 steel rather that henry james to keep the cost reasonable. But that has caused a delay because tru temper does not respond to them as fast because they don't build a lot of the S3 bike yet. I will say this John and Tyler has called to give me updates on the arrival of the steel and then a week later to tell me the build had started. So even though its taken awhile I think they are trying to comunicate better to their customers. Hopefully by the end of July. Then I will post pics.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004

Just Wonderin'

Rugby11,
    When did you finally get your frame? I am thinking about a new steel CX bike. I like my Nemis frame.....Just the run around was not that great.

Mark

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005
    Rugby11,
    When did you finally get your frame? I am thinking about a new steel CX bike. I like my Nemis frame.....Just the run around was not that great.

Mark
    If you want S3 you might try Curtlo. I have an S3 tubed Curtlo cross bike that I am very happy with. I also have a Dean mtb so I know that they build good stuff too.