RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012

My new MEC Etape

Well, new to me anyway. MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op) is a Canadian company similar to REI in the US.
    My new MEC Etape-dsc_2904.jpg
    Full carbon (Toray T700) frame and fork
    FSA Energy compact crank with BB30
    Full Ultegra 6700 group
    Ultegra pedals
    Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels
    Easton EA50 stem and bars
    Fizik Arione saddle w/ carbon post

I can't wait for spring, but Mother Nature has is being feisty and dumped another 6" on us last night. I'll just keep enjoying it on the trainer.

Cheers!
    K

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nice bike. I was on their website looking at their bikes just last week.

-25 with the windchill here this morning, but spring is just around the corner. I am really interested to hear how you like your bike so please let us know.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    I bought an Etape when they first went on clearance this past November. Other than the initial 30 km test ride on it, I've been forced to ride on the trainer much like you.

I am quite excited for the spring to get out and prove all the MEC naysayers wrong!

@love4himies, if you are interested in the Etape of Attack get in there soon as they have taken them off the site altogether. Just a thought, but maybe they have stopped carrying them in favour of Ghost bikes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    I am quite excited for the spring to get out and prove all the MEC naysayers wrong!
    I didn't realize there were naysayers. I can't see why - it's a top notch bike. Beautiful frame with quality components. The only place they "skimped" is with the seatpost, which is a no-name brand. But it's carbon, it's strong and it looks great so who cares?

The London store had the last remaining Etape as far as I know and it's now gone. I actually purchased mine from the store manager of the London store. He used it for half a season and sold it to me. I'm extremely happy with it and can't wait to get out on the road.

Cheers!
    K