Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Viner anyone?

15K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Scooper 
#1 ·
Anybody have one of their bikes? Really curious about the modern offerings...

I picked this cx frame up really cheap and I've been pleased with it. I don't suppose I'm likely to actually go out and buy any of their high end road bikes (I have a Look 585) but they sure do look interesting.

I did enough research to see that a few importers have made these available over here recently.

#4 ·
It's a 52 by their sizing. I'm 5'11" and ride a size large Look 585 on the road. Still really love this bike too- it handles really really well for me and fits great.

It's also evolved a bit (actually even since this picture too... I've added 38/48 salsa chainrings, newer 303/404 tubulars with tufo flexus cubus and a bontrager rxl road saddle) but here is one from this years setup (7800 and TRP brakes).

#5 ·
Viner

I had a Viner back in the 70's when they started being imported into the UK. It was beautiful, with white pearl paint, cut-out lugs and fully pantographed equipment. It handled beautifully as well. The current model range seem to me to have lost their former elegance. Perhaps the titanium model would tempt me. Unfortunately it has always been a badly-known brand. Pity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.