RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008

07 Galileo, 08 FP2 or 08 Specialized Roubaix

Just trying to decide on which bike I should go with and what do I really get out of it.
    I currently ride a really nice 2005 Specialized Roubaix Elite (20 lbs) carbon frame. I am thinking about upgrade, Specialized offer an aggressive Tarmac but in their 08 line they also offer a Tarmac framed Roubaix Expert with slightly less aggressive frame which is really good looking.

Then there is my bike lust for Pinarello, ever since I saw their bikes at my local Laguna Beach shop I can't get it out of my mind. Boy that's some sexy bikes!!!

So I checked out Galileo which is close to my budget, my question is this, is 2008 lighter than 2007? I understand name has changed. Also, for the money I can get a nicely equipped carbon Specialized almost as sexy and certainly nice riding quality. So I am sure a lot of you had gone through the same process what made your choose Pinarello? What's your experience with Galileo or FP2? What do they weight? I heard someone say 17-18 lbs, can that be right? That's very light for an aluminum frame with carbon forks. Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have a 62 cm 2007 Galileo. I made some changes to the stock set up....swapped out Ultegra and MOst crank for full Centaur, Easton Orion II wheels instead of Shimano and Selle Italia SLR saddle instead of the MOst saddle.

total weight for my bike, including Look Keo Sprint pedals and 2 bottle cages = 19.0 lbs.

I really enjoy the bike - glad I bought it. I too fell for the Italian cache + I don't see too many people rolling around on Pinarellos, which I consider a plus.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    You cant compare. The FP2 will blow the others away. I've got a mate who just got on one and he cant stop talking about it.