merckxman
    Jan 2002

4 Riding Seasons Later: Very Happy with My Marvel

I was cleaning my Marvel today,in preparation for a long ride tomorrow, and I was thinking what a great bike this has been . When I bought it it was the period when everyone was worried about integrated headsets. No problems with that. The carbon seatstays and BETA full carbon fork look great; I had wondered about the longevity of the carbon seatstays and their attachement to the dropouts but all is well. The bike been ridden a lot, and the more I ride it the more I like it. The unique tube shaping is nice also and it has a certain robustness about it that I really like. Also a reminder of the .com era as it has PINARELLO.COM on the seattube. Lots of bang for the bucks. Thanks Pinarello!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by merckxman
    I was cleaning my Marvel today,in preparation for a long ride tomorrow, and I was thinking what a great bike this has been . When I bought it it was the period when everyone was worried about integrated headsets. No problems with that. The carbon seatstays and BETA full carbon fork look great; I had wondered about the longevity of the carbon seatstays and their attachement to the dropouts but all is well. The bike been ridden a lot, and the more I ride it the more I like it. The unique tube shaping is nice also and it has a certain robustness about it that I really like. Also a reminder of the .com era as it has PINARELLO.COM on the seattube. Lots of bang for the bucks. Thanks Pinarello!
    The Marvel is a great frame: it compares well with the Dogma in terms of ride quality and handling. Sure, it is heavier and not quite as stiff when accelarating, but for the cost vs. performance, it is hard to beat. Perhaps the smoothest aluminum frame I have yet ridden. Supposdely the new Galileos are based on the Marvel, using a similiar tubing and shooting for the same type of ride quality, with the newer S-bend stays and fork. The Prince SL is still considered a step up from the new Galileo, however.