Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009

Dogma f8 - ride review

So I got my Dogma F8 built up today (with Dura Ace DI2) and went for an initial spin.

Upfront Disclosure... As a lifelong Pinarello fan, take my review with a grain of salt

First off, I've owned a Pinarello F2, F3, original Prince, most recent Prince, Dogma, Dogma 2, and now currently own a Dogma 65.1 Think2 along with the new F8, and a Scott Foil Premium.

I'm going to do a far more detailed review once I've done more rides, on more terrain, and on several different wheels, but here's my initial notes:

- My 54cm bike fully built with Dura Ace Di2, speedplay Zero pedals, and my Campy Hyperon Tubulars weighed only 14.10 lbs. When I also tested with my handbuilt HED Belgium Tubulars with Campy Hubs laced 32 3-cross, it weighed 15.20 (from what I recall). Either way, the bike is light.

- My initial reaction when I started riding it was... "holy crap, this is fantastic". The geometry feels exactly like my Think2, but the F8 is way more of a race feeling bike. The mechanic who built the bike and did the initial test ride commented... "damn, this thing is seriously nice".

- Cornering was simply great. You can really blast into a corner with total confidence. There's no slipping feeling or sensation. It completely grips the corner flawlessly.

- It's NOT a harsh ride at all. I thought it would be much more than it is. That said, it's not as forgiving as any of the other Dogma's I've had, but very comfortable nonetheless. I'd have no concerns doing a long ride on it. In fact, this weekend I'll do a 3 hour test ride one day and a 4 the next just to see what it's like on a long ride.

All in all, the bike is exceeding my expectations so far. It's downright great (IMHO).

Sincerely,

A self admitted Pinarello fan

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Thanks for that!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    my eyes my eyes.. I so didn't need to read that... makes me want.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    let us know what specifically feels better for the 65.1 and for the F8. are they on a 2 year cycle? I sure would hate to semi retire my 65.1 and get a F8 then lust after the F9 two years from now!
    Dogma, synapse disc, caad 10, de rosa neo primato, felt CX, epic, fat bike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    I'll do that once I have more time on the bike, but regardless of what you'll get, you lust for the "F9" when it comes out. Remember, the # of bikes you need is equal to n + 1

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    Great now I'm going to pine over this bike. I need to see the colours offered in person before I commit. But this bike is def coming home with me this year the problem is once you ride a pinarello it's hard to not want to get the new one.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    "the problem is once you ride a pinarello it's hard to not want to get the new one." So well said and so true. They just ride different from other brands.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002
    Pics please.

Forever a Student
    Quote Originally Posted by antihero77 View Post
    Great now I'm going to pine over this bike. I need to see the colours offered in person before I commit. But this bike is def coming home with me this year the problem is once you ride a pinarello it's hard to not want to get the new one.
    Probably going to have to wait. Our shop got in our frames yesterday but only one color was available to us. We were told we would have to wait until probably August or September at least to get other colors. We do have one myway on order already though, mainly white. Hopefully I'm there when it arrives so I can take some pics of it.
    use a torque wrench

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MMsRepBike View Post
    Probably going to have to wait. Our shop got in our frames yesterday but only one color was available to us. We were told we would have to wait until probably August or September at least to get other colors. We do have one myway on order already though, mainly white. Hopefully I'm there when it arrives so I can take some pics of it.
    Please take some pics.
    The Titan and bob are looking real nice. I just wished that bikes would come with zero logos or branding.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    Here you go...

I rode it again this AM for about 2 hours. The bike is unreal. It's so solid and comfortable, not to mention FAST! It's agile beyond belief, but not twitchy or flimsy. Unreal bike.

Dogma f8 - ride review-2014-06-05-06.57.29.jpgDogma f8 - ride review-2014-06-05-06.57.32.jpgDogma f8 - ride review-2014-06-05-06.57.45.jpgDogma f8 - ride review-2014-06-05-06.57.52.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    Climbs like a mountain goat on cocaine, descends like a greased eel, ...............

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Very nice.

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    I noticed in the geometry that they raised the head tubes a fair bit compared to the dogma2

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    Yes, I think so. From what I can tell, it's about 5mm higher. I used 5mm less stack on my F8 compared to my Think2

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Great bike that is growing on me. I love my 65.1 because it is so Italian. The F8 looks sexy and fast, but different. I love the fork but I am not fond off the seatstays. I looks too much like a BMC.
    Good luck with your F8!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    I am waiting to see the other colors...mine has a shiny coat over the carbon weave and looks slightly too flashy ...and I love it. Hate to get the current colorway (which looks great is maybe less italian) only to lust after the other red/black version when it is released later this year.

RoadBikeReview Member

F8 & 25mm Tyres

[QUOTE=iridepinarello;4637609]Here you go...

I rode it again this AM for about 2 hours. The bike is unreal. It's so solid and comfortable, not to mention FAST! It's agile beyond belief, but not twitchy or flimsy. Unreal bike.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi guys,
    About to collect my F8. Is it true its not 25mm compatible due to clearance?

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    [QUOTE=OscarTheGreat;4643921]
    Quote Originally Posted by iridepinarello View Post
    Here you go...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi guys,
    About to collect my F8. Is it true its not 25mm compatible due to clearance?

I'm sure it can take 25 as sky rides the new wide dura ace wheels

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    Does anyone have an answer on the clearance question? I'm a Clyde and have become very used to the ride of the 25mm Ardennes. Planned on moving these wheels over to my planned F8 this Fall. Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    can anyone compare the 65.1 to the f8...specifically does the f8 feel as solid? is it as smooth? when i bought the 65.1 I wanted a cervelo R5 but it felt brittle. I don't think I would want the F8 unless it felt just as smooth stiff and solid. I could never break the R5 but it felt Like I could.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The clearance is fine for 25mm. I'm running Bora2 w conti comps 25mm.
    It's very close shave. It's actually more to do with the Campy callipers than the frame itself. I believe Shimano clearance is a little more generous.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks Oscar. I talked to my LBS and they confirmed I won't have an issue, even with Campy Record.

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    im surprised that they never did a direct mount brake.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    A couple of bikes at the Tour have direct mounts front and back.
    By "back" I mean on the seat stays where regular brakes go.
    Pinarello probably did not want to do direct mount because only Shimano had direct mount when F8 was launched. Campagnolo have now copied the Shimano design so Pinarello may have direct mounts soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast