RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013

help with this pinarello

Bought this Pinarello, but now I'm not sure if is real or fake, can somebody help, thanks in advance.
    please see images in attachment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails help with this pinarello-dscn3374.jpg   help with this pinarello-dscn3371.jpg   help with this pinarello-dscn3372.jpg   help with this pinarello-dscn3370.jpg   help with this pinarello-dscn3369.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Could you post a pics of the bottom bracket shell? Is there anything written on the dropouts?

It doesn't look legit to me. Should be a few logos engraved on the seat stay caps and brake bridge at least. It looks like a nice frame that someone stuck Pinarello decals on to get a higher price. Note the mismatched red Columbus fork decal and blue Columbus seat tube decal.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Don't have the bike yet, when I have, I'll take photos of the BB and other marks she have, thanks for your opinion ;).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinelli 82220 View Post
    Could you post a pics of the bottom bracket shell? Is there anything written on the dropouts?

It doesn't look legit to me. Should be a few logos engraved on the seat stay caps and brake bridge at least. It looks like a nice frame that someone stuck Pinarello decals on to get a higher price. Note the mismatched red Columbus fork decal and blue Columbus seat tube decal.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    I was wrong, it is a Pina, originally in Cromor tubing. It would originally have a fork with a Pinarello logo on the crown. So the frame is legit, the fork is wrong.
    Very sorry!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    I was wrong, it is a Pina, originally in Cromor tubing. It would originally have a fork with a Pinarello logo on the crown. So the frame is legit, the fork is wrong.
    Very sorry!
    Are you saying that is a Pinarello (what model? do you know) is it, with wrong fork ?
    Last edited by pedrobd; 05-31-2013 at 01:21 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Yes, it is a Pinarello, one of the lower end models built with Columbus Cromor tubing. I'm not sure of the model name.

The fork is not original to the frame, that is why the Columbus decals don't match. I think the frame has been repainted, it should have a Cromor decal.

Replacement fork plus paintjob suggests possible front end damage from accident. Be sure to check around the headtube for signs of buckled tubes, or wrinkles in the paint.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Yes, it is a Pinarello, one of the lower end models built with Columbus Cromor tubing. I'm not sure of the model name.

The fork is not original to the frame, that is why the Columbus decals don't match. I think the frame has been repainted, it should have a Cromor decal.

Replacement fork plus paintjob suggests possible front end damage from accident. Be sure to check around the headtube for signs of buckled tubes, or wrinkles in the paint.
    The bike will be here next Wednesday, I will take closer photos of the frame and posted here , thanks for your help ;).