RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005

MOST Croxover Oversize Bottom Bracket

Probably a stupid question but I have seen references to this bottom bracket on a couple of Pinarello frames.
    Ignoring any of the marketing speak nonsense I'm assuming the bit that actually matters is still a standard Italian threaded BB meaning that any BB/Crankset can be fitted and not just a MOST branded one.

Roger

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006
    Roger:

My Pinarello Paris has this "most croxover oversized" BB, but nothing uncommon - it is italian-threaded BB...
    Play & ride!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005
    Thanks.

Roger.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012

Pinarello Paris BB question

Good evening,

I don't write very often but I constantly read this forum, thank you so much for your knowledge and tips.

I have a question for you guys :

I have a Pinarello Paris 2012 and the MOST bottom bracket fit in that says "most-croxover-oversize-bottom-bracket" and I have a Veloce 10 speed groupset. I'm thinking to buy a Record 2013 and I need to understand if it will fit a BB30 ( the one coming with the used Record Groupset) or not.

Also, I'm 5'7" tall and I always used a 172.5 mm crankset. The gropuset found is a 175 mm crankset. I never tried this length, any advice?

Thank you so much

ciao!

davide

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    I think it will be Italian threaded, not BB30.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide123 View Post
    I have a Pinarello Paris 2012 and the MOST bottom bracket fit in that says "most-croxover-oversize-bottom-bracket" and I have a Veloce 10 speed groupset. I'm thinking to buy a Record 2013 and I need to understand if it will fit a BB30 ( the one coming with the used Record Groupset) or not.
    You will need the Ultra Torque BB (italian threads) if you want to run Campy Record in your Paris.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide123 View Post
    Good evening,

I don't write very often but I constantly read this forum, thank you so much for your knowledge and tips.

I have a question for you guys :

Also, I'm 5'7" tall and I always used a 172.5 mm crankset. The gropuset found is a 175 mm crankset. I never tried this length, any advice?

Thank you so much

ciao!

davide
    You will need to buy Italian threaded BB cups for the Record crankset, like these Wiggle | Campagnolo Ultra Torque Cup Set | Bottom Brackets

As for the crank length question, you will find this is a topic of endless discussion. If you buy this group, my suggestion would be to try the 175mm length, and see if you notice any difference. If you really don't like it, then sell the crankset and buy another in 172.5. UT cranks are extremely easy to swap out. It's a 5 minute job. I'm taller than you and have bikes with 175, 177.5 and 180mm cranks. Can't honestly say I can tell the difference.
    There's sometimes a buggy.
    How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
    and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM