RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006

Opera Leonardo FP silver/red

I am getting closer and closer to a new purchase.
    At present I am seriously considering the Opera Leonardo FP in silver/red - because I think it will suit the sort of riding I do and hell, simply because I think it looks fantastic!
    ( http://www.operabike.com/home.php?lang=e )

Because my current Orbea Mitis (which will become the trainer/wet weather bike) has Ultegra 10speed and Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels I have decided to go with Dura-ace 10 speed, Look Keo pedals and the Mavic Ksyrium ES wheels for commonality of components. I shall stick with my current Fizik Arione saddle as well (because it's comfy).

My LBS has proposed the following fittings:

-06 OPERA Leonardo F.P. Carbon frame, fork, head fittings, seat pillar
    -Shimano Dura Ace ensemble (8 parts)
    -Deda Hydra bars 31.8mm
    -Deda KOL stem 31.8mm
    -Bar tape (Fiz-ik Microtex)

Anybody got any comments on the bike or any of the items specified?
    (Yes, I know a lot of the 'purists' will tell me I should fit an Italian bike with Campi gear but I'm used to Shimano and as I said it's compatible with my current bike.)

Cheers,

Carl

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002
    Carl -

Ive been riding my Paris carbon for about 1.5 months now and have the same build aka Dura Ace 10 with Mavic ES. No complaints so far (except I was used to a more stiffer frame coming from the Ridley). But the ride is comfy - light and comfy.

you'll enjoy it, that for sure.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    Hey, thanks mate. I personally prefer longer road rides and hill climbing to racing/sprinting so I think this frame will suit me down to the ground ...and did i mention how fantastic i think it looks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002
    yup .. they do look great... be prepared for people coming up to you and saying "why is your bike bent? I have a hammer that can fix that!". I get that all the time.