RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009

What adjustments for riding a Pinarello?

Guys,
    I've been riding for 9 years....various road bikes. Purchased a used F4:13 a couple months ago, and discovered just how twitchy and sensitive the steering is.

I assume it will simply take some time to adjust to the level of steering sensitivity, but....any specific suggestions?

I do a lot of rides in the mountains, and love the descents. I noticed during high speed turns, that if I spot some gravel and tense of a little....or make any subtle changes with my hands....the bike picks up that input and I feel the feedback.

I've read where some people say they just had to become accustomed to the twitchy feel.

Any tips would be appreciated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    My Pina doesn't seem twitchy.

Maybe your fit is off.

RoadBikeReview Member
    It could be frame size and geometry. If the fit is tighter or more compact then your last ride this would result in you over powering the bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Stem less than 100mm?

RoadBikeReview Member

Twitchy you say?

There is nothing wrong with your bike. I went from a Bianchi mod. 1885 to a Quatro with HED Ardennes SL wheels. The lighter wheel set and frame, the more susceptible to wind and other forces. Like going from my Versa to my Miata. Staying with a 10cm stem or longer is a good idea too