Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by feh View Post
    I don't think it's about backbone. I think McConnell just doesn't want another wild card w/ an R by his name.
    Two words - Damage control:

https://nyti.ms/2jmyxMq

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

Fecal indicator
    so, voters in AL have the choice of voting for a judge who was suspended from the bench and is accused of multiple sex offenses (some with minors) OR a former prosecutor who helped convict Klansmen who bombed a church and killed four children.

how can they possibly find any substantial differences that would help them elect the person more fit to be in the US Senate...?
    the 45th POTUS is inept, corrupt, and a pathological liar. and those may be his better qualities...

Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    so, voters in AL have the choice of voting for a judge who was suspended from the bench and is accused of multiple sex offenses (some with minors) OR a former prosecutor who helped convict Klansmen who bombed a church and killed four children.

how can they possibly find any substantial differences that would help them elect the person more fit to be in the US Senate...?

"You durn elites, you just think yore so durn SMART, now dontcha?"

Monk: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

EJD: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism, it's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Two words - Damage control:

https://nyti.ms/2jmyxMq

And a 5th woman just came forward.

This is only the beginning, folks!
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

-- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

RoadBikeReview Member
    Senate GOP campaign chairman calls for Moore to be expelled if he wins | TheHill

One of my state's senators grew some stones about something, finally.
    "You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out." -WTS

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    if Democrats try to link Moore to the GOP in general- he can claim the party officially disowned him, so Moore's not their problem (but McConnell certainly won't mind using Moore's vote to pass their favorite legislation).
    Too late, guilt by association.
    "Republican Senators Mitch McConnell and multiple child molester Ray Moore together voted to stop women's healthcare funding" Vote them out this November!
    A few robo calls like this should be enough. Trickle down Trump isn't working.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by le duke View Post
    Senate GOP campaign chairman calls for Moore to be expelled if he wins | TheHill

One of my state's senators grew some stones about something, finally.
    Just saw a trailer on the news about the WHite House considering sending Jeff Sessions back to his Senate seat to avoid the election...

Ain't that just antithetical to democracy...
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

Wandering
    Jun 2014
    My guess is that the Gov will delay the election or pressure will ultimately make Moore drop out. However, if he makes it to the election, I suspect he may yet win (independent of what polls say), although there appears to be some chance the senate might ban him.

Two interesting comments in this article:
    According to Axios, one political reporter, Lauren Walsh, said that out of all the voters she spoke with Friday in Columbiana, Alabama, "We didn't find one voter who believed the Washington Post report about Moore."
    An NBC News report from Prattville, Alabama, went even further: "Inside the store, a man who declined to give his name said, 'This is Republican town, man. (Moore) could have killed Obama, and we wouldn't care.'"
    --
    All the best,
    Ron
    Central-Western NJ, USA

There's nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and dead armadillos.
    --- James Allen Hightower

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yeah. I really don't think that people understand that a story like this really doesn't do much damage to a guy like Moore in a state like Alabama.

Seriously. It is the most frighteningly backwards place I have ever been. And I've been to Afghanistan.
    "You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out." -WTS

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by le duke View Post
    Yeah. I really don't think that people understand that a story like this really doesn't do much damage to a guy like Moore in a state like Alabama.

Seriously. It is the most frighteningly backwards place I have ever been. And I've been to Afghanistan.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to le duke again.
    My brother drove across the US east to west in a rental car, he said the same thing minus the Afghanistan bit.

He said something about a 1000 yard stare but with sexual depravity as well.

Not Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to le duke again.
    My brother drove across the US east to west in a rental car, he said the same thing minus the Afghanistan bit.

He said something about a 1000 yard stare but with sexual depravity as well.
    my opinion as well. Deep south was a special place
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post

"You durn elites, you just think yore so durn SMART, now dontcha?"

Separated at birth?

Alabama Special Election polls - Moore vs. Jones-wallace-thumbs-up.jpg

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    Letter to editor in my local (Virginia) paper, in defense of this pervert, provided examples of Presidents (from the 19th Century) who married “teenagers” I.e. 18 and 19 year olds.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc View Post
    Letter to editor in my local (Virginia) paper, in defense of this pervert, provided examples of Presidents (from the 19th Century) who married “teenagers” I.e. 18 and 19 year olds.
    As effed up as it is, 18 is legal. 17 is NOT legal.

And even if legal, the "encounter" with the 16 year old was not consensual as in rape as in the non-statutory type as well as the statutory type.

-- Warren Buffett

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    As effed up as it is, 18 is legal. 17 is NOT legal.

And even if legal, the "encounter" with the 16 year old was not consensual as in rape as in the non-statutory type as well as the statutory type.

Whataboutism mixed with equivocation.

Excellent substitute for actually thinking things through.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12