Thread: Blink!!!

Low rep power

Blink!!!

Breaking News Alert
    The New York Times
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 -- 4:57 PM EST
    -----

House Republican Leaders Agree to Payroll Tax Deal

Bowing under intense pressure from members of their own party to end the politically damaging impasse over a payroll tax holiday, House Republican leaders on Thursday agreed to accept a temporary extension of the tax cut, beating a a hasty retreat from a showdown that Republicans increasingly saw as a threat to their election opportunities next year.

Under a deal reached between House and Senate leaders — which Speaker John A. Boehner was presenting to the rank and file in an evening conference call — House members would accept the two-month extension of a payroll tax holiday and unemployment benefits approved by the Senate last Saturday while the Senate would appoint members of a House-Senate conference committee to negotiate legislation to extend both benefits through 2012.
    We'll be back soon, there will be more of us, and next time we won't be dropping leaflets.

“The problem with quotes on the internet is that it’s hard to verify their authenticity” – Abraham Lincoln

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    House 'Pubs and T-party cave in to Obama and the Dems.

banned
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by il sogno View Post
    Gotta love it! Obama really is the supreme being! Good to see the Republicans coming to their senses and temporarily putting their path to self destruction on hold.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    That can't be true, and I refuse to believe it. Everyone knows Obama caves first.

Quote Originally Posted by il sogno View Post

RoadBikeReview Member
    Maybe the president has learned a negotiation lesson ... too bad it wasn't one year ago before caving on extending the Bush Tax Cuts.
    Photobucket
    Now Mr. Obama wrap your arms around Bowles-Simpson and ride that pony to a landslide victory.
    If you don't get an answer to your question it doesn't necessary mean you made one or that you deserve one.

haole from the mainland
    I still don't understand why the House 'pubs even decided pull this $hit. With the Senate bill passing by a huge margin, 89-10, it was pretty clear this stunt was going to end badly for the 'pubs. There was no positive outcome, they either would cave and look stupid or fail to act on the Senate's bill and look stupid.

Did the Tea Party members pressure the whole dang party to look so stunningly unsavvy? If so, does this mean the Tea Party has lost any of their clout over this debacle?

OES
    banned
    Jan 2002
    Their position was suicidal. I never saw worse politics in my life. It confirmed every wretched thing ever said or suspected about Republicanism.

Quote Originally Posted by saf-t View Post
    Breaking News Alert
    The New York Times
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 -- 4:57 PM EST
    -----

House Republican Leaders Agree to Payroll Tax Deal

Bowing under intense pressure from members of their own party to end the politically damaging impasse over a payroll tax holiday, House Republican leaders on Thursday agreed to accept a temporary extension of the tax cut, beating a a hasty retreat from a showdown that Republicans increasingly saw as a threat to their election opportunities next year.

Under a deal reached between House and Senate leaders — which Speaker John A. Boehner was presenting to the rank and file in an evening conference call — House members would accept the two-month extension of a payroll tax holiday and unemployment benefits approved by the Senate last Saturday while the Senate would appoint members of a House-Senate conference committee to negotiate legislation to extend both benefits through 2012.

Not Banned

bad leadership is defined

Quote Originally Posted by OES View Post
    Their position was suicidal. I never saw worse politics in my life. It confirmed every wretched thing ever said or suspected about Republicanism.
    by putting yourself in a situation where the outcome of every decision you make is bad

I'll file this move there

poor Boner, had he allowed the vote a few days ago he'd have looked like a hero and gotten their pipeline

well he still gets the pipeline but he looks like a schmuck now
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgy View Post
    I still don't understand why the House 'pubs even decided pull this $hit. With the Senate bill passing by a huge margin, 89-10, it was pretty clear this stunt was going to end badly for the 'pubs. There was no positive outcome, they either would cave and look stupid or fail to act on the Senate's bill and look stupid.

Did the Tea Party members pressure the whole dang party to look so stunningly unsavvy? If so, does this mean the Tea Party has lost any of their clout over this debacle?
    Me too. Why the heck did they try to pull this BS? Are they this out of touch with mainstream America? I'm guessing the answer would be yes?