Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I see trees of green

Breaking: Horrible news, Left-wing violence and the liberal media

Conservatives, I'm going to need your guidance over the next 6 to 12 months about how I can express sufficient outrage, please. Thank you.

Hero guard shot thwarting attack at Family Research Council HQ - Fox News

A security guard at the Family Research Council's headquarters in Washington, D.C. is being hailed as a hero after he stopped a gunman posing as an intern, taking a bullet in the arm before wrestling the suspect to the ground.

The gunman entered the lobby of the organization's Chinatown headquarters around 10:45 and expressed disagreement with the conservative group's policy positions, Fox News has learned. When the guard, who was not identified, asked him where he was going, he opened fire, according to police.

The guard, who was not identified, was shot in the arm and was conscious after the shooting and was in stable condition. The gunman, who also was not identified, was being questioned by the FBI, sources said. Sources said he is in his twenties.

The suspect "made statements regarding their policies, and then opened fire with a gun striking a security guard," a source told Fox News. WJLA-TV7 reported the suspect was also shot. Sources also said the gunman may have been carrying a bag from Chick-fil-A, the embattled fast-food restaurant whose president came under fire from gay activists after he said he did not agree with same-sex marriage.

Sources told Fox New that after guard took away his gun, the suspect said, "Don't shoot me, it was not about you, it was what this place stands for."

Authorities were treating the attack as a case of domestic terrorism, although James McJunkin, the head of the FBI’s Washington Field Office, said authorities do not yet know the gunman's motive.

“We don’t know enough about him or his circumstances to determine what his connection is to this group [the research council] or his mental state, or what he was doing or thinking of doing,” McJunkin said. “So we’re going to try to sort this all out, pull the evidence together, do all the interviews we can.”

Snip

Security guard for conservative Family Research Council shot in DC - The Christian Science Monitor

An armed man walked into the Washington headquarters of a conservative Christian lobbying group Wednesday morning and was confronted by a security guard, whom he shot in the arm before the guard and others wrestled him to the ground, authorities said.

The man was taken into custody by the FBI and was being interviewed. Authorities did not identify the man or disclose where he was being interviewed.

Police and FBI officials said it's too early to know the circumstances of the shooting, which occurred around 10:45 a.m. at the headquarters of the Family Research Council, or whether it was connected to the group's activities.

"We don't know enough yet about him ... or mentally what he's thinking," said James McJunkin, assistant director in charge of the FBI's Washington field office.

The Family Research Council confirmed in a statement that the security guard was employed by the group.

"Our first concern is with our colleague who was shot today," the group's president, Tony Perkins, said in a statement.

The Family Research Council advocates conservative positions on social issues and strongly opposes gay marriage and abortion.

Perkins was an outspoken defender of Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy's public stand against same-sex marriage, which made the fast-food chain a flashpoint in the nation's culture wars. The Cathy familyfoundation has funded the Family Research Council.

"He's taking a bold stand," Perkins said after Cathy's comments were reported. "Chick-fil-A is a Bible-based, Christian-based business who treats their employees well. They have been attacked in the past about their stand. But they refuse to budge on this matter, and I commend them for what they are doing."

waterproof*
    Ok, you plan con and I'll play lib:

First of all, get the facts straight:
    - the attacker didn't have a loaded handgun in those offices, because that's illegal in DC.
    - this had nothing to do with politics because liberals don't resort to violence
    - clearly, then, the guard shot himself in an attempt to get sympathy for his employer.
    Solution: vote for Obama.
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

I see trees of green
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    Ok, you plan con and I'll play lib:

First of all, get the facts straight:
    - the attacker didn't have a loaded handgun in those offices, because that's illegal in DC.
    - this had nothing to do with politics because liberals don't resort to violence
    - clearly, then, the guard shot himself in an attempt to get sympathy for his employer.
    Solution: vote for Obama.

You suck at playing a lib but that's totally understandable and fine because you're provably such a natural Land of Make Believe sort of con anyway. Maybe you can just teach me a little about how to feign outrage? That shouldn't be too hard for you, right? Please??

I see trees of green
    FBI Says Still too Early to Tell if Family Research Council Shooting Was Act of Domestic Terrorism - DCist

...Fox News has reported for several hours that the alleged shooter, after being disarmed by the security guard, said, "Don't shoot me, it was not about you, it was what this place stands for.

D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier called the security guard's handling of the shooting heroic.

"The security guard here is a hero, as far as I’m concerned," Lanier told reporters.

But FBI spokeswoman Rebecca Callahan told DCist the investigation is still far too preliminary to identify a motive. Agents investigating the shooting are still determining whether the shooting can be classified as an incident of domestic terrorism or as of a hate crime.

A collection of 25 LGBT rights organizations released a joint statement earlier this afternoon decrying the shooting.

"The motivation and circumstances behind today’s tragedy are still unknown, but regardless of what emerges as the reason for this shooting, we utterly reject and condemn such violence," the statement read. Among the signatories were the heads of the Human Rights Campaign, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation and the Trevor Project.

News of the shooting has also eked into the presidential race. Presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney said "there is no place for such violence in our society." Neither President Obama nor the White House have said anything about the shooting.

The 800 block of G Street remains closed down as police and FBI agents continue their joint investigation, including the deployment of a bomb squad. Callahan said agents are also waiting on a warrant to search the suspect's car, which she said is parked at a Metrorail station.

RoadBikeReview Member
    LOL That's rich. Lone gunman in Milwaukee = domestic terrorist. Lone gunman in DC = notsomuch. Obama silent = priceless.
    Just because I understand doesn't mean I care!
    - From my beer koozie

Anti-Americanism is the principle zeitgeist of our times.

- the rydster

Sometimes your answer is as simple as looking down and noticing your own feet for the first time.
    - Snakebit

I see trees of green
    Quote Originally Posted by Live Steam View Post
    LOL That's rich. Lone gunman in Milwaukee = domestic terrorist. Lone gunman in DC = notsomuch. Obama silent = priceless.
    Obama needs your expert help.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorX91 View Post
    Obama needs your expert help.
    I'm not from Chicago.
    - From my beer koozie

- the rydster

Sometimes your answer is as simple as looking down and noticing your own feet for the first time.
    - Snakebit

Call me a Fred
    Wait ....... He's got to be insane to attack a conservative stronghold armed with only a pistol. Doesn't he know that everyone in there has him outgunned?
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

RoadBikeReview Member
    You suck at playing a lib but that's totally understandable and fine because you're provably such a natural Land of Make Believe sort of con anyway. Maybe you can just teach me a little about how to feign outrage? That shouldn't be too hard for you, right? Please??
    See what happens when they rely on NRA Press Releases for the news.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.”

John Kenneth Galbraith

I see trees of green
    I'm not from Chicago.
    Which is all the more reason why he needs your expert help.

If you not from DC either, maybe you can help James McJunkin too.

According to The Associated Press: "We don't know enough yet about him ... or mentally what he's thinking," said James McJunkin, assistant director in charge of the FBI's Washington field office.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sounds like a clear case of hate crime to me. Left wing domestic terrorism.

I see trees of green
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    See what happens when they rely on NRA Press Releases for the news.
    Whatever. I'm just afraid I'm going to fail to express sufficient outrage over this act of violence.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Whatever. I'm just afraid I'm going to fail to express sufficient outrage over this act of violence.
    You won't surprise anyone.

I see trees of green
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    Sounds like a clear case of hate crime to me. Left wing domestic terrorism.
    OK, but won't you please help me begin to find my way in expressing sufficient outrage over this horrible act? I fear what might be if I delay the process any longer.

I see trees of green
    You won't surprise anyone.
    Won't you please help out a guy seeking to be better, maybe even some day as good as you?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Won't you please help out a guy seeking to be better, maybe even some day as good as you?
    No need to set the bar too high son, just do the best you can.

I see trees of green
    No need to set the bar too high son, just do the best you can.
    I guess I'll just need to feign it harder. Hopefully Steam can show me the way.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Which is all the more reason why he needs your expert help.

If you not from DC either, maybe you can help James McJunkin too.

According to The Associated Press: "We don't know enough yet about him ... or mentally what he's thinking," said James McJunkin, assistant director in charge of the FBI's Washington field office.
    I'm willing to bet the guy isn't white or this would already be considered a hate crime and "domestic terrorism". Now they're interested in what he was thinking? Anyone know the identity of the shooter? So far they only refer to him as "the suspect". No name or pics.
    - From my beer koozie

- the rydster

- Snakebit

Call me a Fred
    I'm willing to bet the guy isn't white or this would already be considered a hate crime and "domestic terrorism". Now they're interested in what he was thinking? Anyone know the identity of the shooter? So far they only refer to him as "the suspect". No name or pics.
    They don't quickly identify those who have been shipped to Gitmo.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

I see trees of green
    I know, right? Those brown people, God love'em, all stick together.

How are we libs ever going to live this one down?

Floyd Corkins Picture

I see trees of green
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBiker View Post
    They don't quickly identify those who have been shipped to Gitmo.
    "'Due process' and 'judicial process' are not one and the same, particularly when it comes to national security."

Idiot at large
    Apr 2010
    must be one of those radical Tea Party members.

Liberals/Democrats don't resort to violence. Case in point: Occupy movement. Radical Tea Party members infiltrated the movement and they were the reason for the violence.
    2010 Specialized Secteur Elite upgraded with 32T cassette and does not have Stan's (yet)
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er upgraded with 36T cassette and Stan's Arch EX rims and tubeless. Considering a 1x10 upgrade
    2013 Cannondale CAADX-6 Tiagra upgraded to 32T cassette and Stan's Alpha 400 rims and tubeless
    2008/2009 Burton T6 156cm with Burton Triad Bindings & DC Judge boots

banned
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tednugent View Post

Liberals/Democrats don't resort to violence. Case in point: Occupy movement. Radical Tea Party members infiltrated the movement and they were the reason for the violence.
    I knew it! Thanks for solving that mystery Ted.

I see trees of green
    Quote Originally Posted by tednugent View Post

Yeah, I have trouble figuring out anarchists too. They're kind of like transsexuals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast