Banned forever.....or not

Defeat drives Rove off the deep end.

Sounds like he could use a little Thorazine.
    Karl Rove on why Romney lost: Obama was 'suppressing the vote'

GOP strategist Karl Rove used provocative words to describe one reason he believes Obama won. By 'suppressing the vote,' Rove appeared to mean that negative ads about MItt Romney tamped down enthusiasm for the GOP nominee.

Conservative political strategist Karl Rove has used a provocative phrase to explain how Mitt Romney lost the presidential election Tuesday, saying President Obama won reelection “by suppressing the vote.”

Really? Few others make that assertion about the Obama victory.

And normally, the words voter suppression refer to efforts by the politically powerful to make it harder for people – especially people who might oppose the politically powerful at the polls – to cast ballots. The online reference Wikipedia defines it as tactics that "can range from minor ‘dirty tricks’ that make voting inconvenient, up to blatantly illegal activities that physically intimidate prospective voters to prevent them from casting ballots.”

Mr. Rove, a force behind big-money ad campaigns aligned with Republican candidates, appeared to redefine the term.

Appearing on Fox News Thursday, Rove implied that Obama’s suppression strategy was to make Romney unlikeable, so that the Republican’s potential supporters wouldn’t show up to vote for him.

“He succeeded by suppressing the vote, by saying to people, 'you may not like who I am, and I know you can’t bring yourself to vote for me, but I’m going to paint this other guy as simply a rich guy who only cares about himself,' ” Rove said.

By his definition of suppression, it sounds just like traditional “opposition research” and negative advertising. Does Rove (himself a purveyor of negative ads in his work for George W. Bush and now at the Crossroads GPS group) have some different point to make, or is this just sour grapes over the election outcome?

Fox News host Megyn Kelly responded to Rove. “But I mean [Obama] won, Karl, he won.”

Before she interjected, Rove had also said this: Obama has become “the first president in history to win a second term with a smaller percentage of the vote” than four years before.

That doesn’t necessarily prove anything about vote suppression. But it leads into a broader, and legitimate, debate.

Whether one calls it suppression or not, there’s genuine hand-wringing among Republicans over what some call the “missing voter” conundrum – a dearth of white-voter turnout that caught many by surprise.

http://news.yahoo.com/karl-rove-why-...215625694.html
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

Fecal indicator
    what do you want from someone who answers to Turd Blossom...?
    eff all y'all...

off the back
    It's what they do. Accuse the other side of doing what they themselves do.

And if Obama won "with a smaller percentage of the vote" than doesn't that mean that his voters were suppressed also?
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.

Motorator
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY View Post
    By his definition of suppression, it sounds just like traditional “opposition research” and negative advertising. Does Rove (himself a purveyor of negative ads in his work for George W. Bush and now at the Crossroads GPS group) have some different point to make, or is this just sour grapes over the election outcome?
    It's just sour grapes.

The king of negative campaigning just can't accept getting squashed by an enemy who used his own tactics and threw them back at his side. B-b-b-b-but libbies are supposed to be limp wristed pushover pussies ......
    Beam me up, baby.

What did you say? Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Starliner View Post
    It's just sour grapes.

The king of negative campaigning just can't accept getting squashed by an enemy who used his own tactics and threw them back at his side. B-b-b-b-but libbies are supposed to be limp wristed pushover pussies ......
    If I spent $300 million of other people's money for naught...I'd be publicly expressing disbelief-rage too, in the hope that the millionaires I bamboozled wouldn't demand my head on a pike.
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    If I spent $300 million of other people's money for naught...I'd be publicly expressing disbelief-rage too, in the hope that the millionaires I bamboozled wouldn't demand my head on a pike.
    Come on ... don't be so hard on Karl.

He got a return on their $300 Million ... one percent!

Wouldn't you say. there is a certain irony to that number 1%.
    Do Not Respond List:

AM999
    Hello Kitty
    SANDAN

We cannot Moderate every thread or every post. By and large, if we receive no complaints about a post and it slips down past the current crop of active threads, we will not retroactively edit it. Feel free to use the “report post” button if you see something that merits attention. As before, direct insults towards other member will be an immediate time-out. Most other things will be edited and discussed.

RoadBikeReview Member

So Repub white men didn't turn out to vote?

Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY View Post
    Appearing on Fox News Thursday, Rove implied that Obama’s suppression strategy was to make Romney unlikeable, so that the Republican’s potential supporters wouldn’t show up to vote for him.

“He succeeded by suppressing the vote, by saying to people, 'you may not like who I am, and I know you can’t bring yourself to vote for me, but I’m going to paint this other guy as simply a rich guy who only cares about himself,' ” Rove said.
    Gee, I wonder why? It couldn't be the initial mistrust of Romney by pundits like Ann Coulter, who predicted Romney would lose against Obama? Rush L pointed out more turned out to vote for McCain than for Romney this time around. He blamed it on "negative advertising" too. But too bad, Romney was so full of problems, added weekly by his gaffes, lack of clarity, flip flopping on issues. Nobody trusted him, not even his own party.

Also ironic that the real voter suppression attempted by the Repubs with the voter ID laws backfired spectacularly. It merely motivated minority voters to show up and vote, probably the main reason Obama won all the swing states except NC.
    Last edited by Fredrico; 11-11-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Not Banned

he's gotta

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    cover his az somehow
    and hope for future $$

Rove take your fat azz to the Caymans
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    Rove represents, and apparently continues to exemplify, the last vestiges of a dying political entity.
    Bill

“You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing...We can make the best or the worst of it."

Not Banned
    but keep giving him money
    he can pick a winner
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

What did you say? Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorX91 View Post
    Maybe he can borrow $300 million from Mittens.
    I don't think he can quite cover that:

Mitt Romney is worth $250 million. Why so little? - The Washington Post
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Rove is going full speed in CYA mode.

Call me a Fred
    Rove has become obsolete. I can't imagine any other candidate hiring him in the future.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

RoadBikeReview Member

That's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBiker View Post
    Rove has become obsolete. I can't imagine any other candidate hiring him in the future.
    He can partner with Dick Morris on Fox News.