Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 121314

Thread: DJT, Jr.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I thought all the military leadership was the responsibility of the generals and the military (you yourself said this on a few occasions as I recall)...and he was going to hire "great people" to run everything else.

Shoot Trump himself told VP candidates they'd be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

What exactly is this POTUS we have responsible for...other than drunk tweeting and playing golf and blaming Obama and the media? So far in 6 months I haven't exactly seen much of any responsibility.
    He's had a busy schedule impressing foreign leaders to do the right thing. He's looking out for the country on the world stage, getting respect, as the saying goes. So far, I think he's gotten it to a fair degree, despite his gaffes.

VPs are traditionally the ones to take care of domestic agendas. They're chosen for their familiarity with congress. The POTUS focuses on international relations. He's got the Sec. of State to help him, and the Chiefs of Staff ready to step up at any moment.

Define responsibility. Takes a bunch of career professionals to run the government. They got it all down in a bureaucracy. It takes months to get anything done in a bureaucracy, as we are well aware!

Especially with so many distracting naysayers running the 24/7 news media for ratings. Talk about irresponsibility.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    He's had a busy schedule impressing foreign leaders to do the right thing. He's looking out for the country on the world stage, getting respect, as the saying goes. So far, I think he's gotten it to a fair degree, despite his gaffes.

VPs are traditionally the ones to take care of domestic agendas. They're chosen for their familiarity with congress. The POTUS focuses on international relations. He's got the Sec. of State to help him, and the Chiefs of Staff ready to step up at any moment.

Define responsibility. Takes a bunch of career professionals to run the government. They got it all down in a bureaucracy. It takes months to get anything done in a bureaucracy, as we are well aware!

Especially with so many distracting naysayers running the 24/7 news media for ratings. Talk about irresponsibility.
    That is one thing he most certainly isn't doing.

Actual professionals in diplomacy prepare for a meeting like the G20 for months...not show up and wing it, step out and let their unelected not-a-civil-servant not-a-diplomat know-nothing-about-diplomacy millionaire daughter sit in his chair.

PS. currently Donald's government is 90% empty of even appointees nevermind nominees. It does take a bunch of professionals to run the government.....not a gang of Fox News pundits and hacks. Trump is too busy playing golf to get his government staffed. Which considering his asinine policies is probably a good thing for all of us.

PPS while the rest of the G20 agreed to combat pollution...Trump is talking about saving 70,000 jobs and polluting more. Way to impress and get respect and "impress" foreign leaders to "do the right thing"/

PPPS-China responded to Donald's "China needs to pressure DPRK" with basically a middle finger.
    "‘Photograph me on horseback,’ wrote Teddy Roosevelt in 1908. ‘Tennis, no. And golf is fatal.’ "

RoadBikeReview Member
    That is one thing he most certainly isn't doing.

Actual professionals in diplomacy prepare for a meeting like the G20 for months...not show up and wing it, step out and let their unelected not-a-civil-servant not-a-diplomat know-nothing-about-diplomacy millionaire daughter sit in his chair.

PS. currently Donald's government is 90% empty of even appointees nevermind nominees. It does take a bunch of professionals to run the government.....not a gang of Fox News pundits and hacks. Trump is too busy playing golf to get his government staffed. Which considering his asinine policies is probably a good thing for all of us.

PPS while the rest of the G20 agreed to combat pollution...Trump is talking about saving 70,000 jobs and polluting more. Way to impress and get respect and "impress" foreign leaders to "do the right thing"/

PPPS-China responded to Donald's "China needs to pressure DPRK" with basically a middle finger.
    Yeah, but Trump didn't have much prep time, so its better to show up than ignore the G20 meeting. At that level, its all basic intents and schmoozing. Why not send Ivanka as emissary/confidant, if she can speak for Trump.

You may call it "giving the middle finger." Others would call it Chinese inscrutability.

And read it here: coal will not make a comeback in the US. Most of it is now being exported for sale overseas. As countries scale back on carbon emissions, they'll cut back on coal purchases and the US will have no market. No way coal will come back as a fuel in US power plants. Natural gas has coal beat by a mile.

Hey, do you suppose Trump is purposely not hiring appointees in an effort to keep government small? He's reducing the number of hands in the government and therefore speeding it up. .

And look, all news anchors are actors specializing in the art of selling the news. They do whatever gets them ratings, whatever attracts attention. They want a crisis going at all times, so worried viewers will tune in.

Well, I'll tell you what. I'm not getting suckered into this scandal mongering. Speculate, sure, but so far, nothing has come up. I'll believe it when I see it.

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    I think that lawyer knew/knows a lot of people in Washington.
    I thought that Trump was supposed to be a Washington outsider? Are you saying that was a lie too?
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

xxl
    ...And y'all are disappointed when he shows character! Shame on ya.
    Shame on you, for making things personal. Cut it out, will ya?
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

xxl
    Yeah, but Trump didn't have much prep time....
    Wait, what??

G20 summits are held annually these days, and scheduled years out.

There's even a handy wiki entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G20_summits

Fixed dates are still in the works, what the security coordination issues involved in getting all those heads-of-state together, but it's not like this snuck up on him.

In case he needs a reminder, everyone's agreed to meet next year in Buenos Aires:

Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Worship

Too bad that big real estate deal with the Argentines never reached fruition, so he wouldn't be needing to scramble for hotel accommodations, like he did in Hamburg.

gazing from the shadows
    Yeah, but Trump didn't have much prep time, so ...
    Why not just say the dog ate his homework?
    Stout beers under trees, please.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Yeah, but Trump didn't have much prep time, so its better to show up than ignore the G20 meeting. At that level, its all basic intents and schmoozing. Why not send Ivanka as emissary/confidant, if she can speak for Trump.

You may call it "giving the middle finger." Others would call it Chinese inscrutability.

And read it here: coal will not make a comeback in the US. Most of it is now being exported for sale overseas. As countries scale back on carbon emissions, they'll cut back on coal purchases and the US will have no market. No way coal will come back as a fuel in US power plants. Natural gas has coal beat by a mile.

Hey, do you suppose Trump is purposely not hiring appointees in an effort to keep government small? He's reducing the number of hands in the government and therefore speeding it up. .

And look, all news anchors are actors specializing in the art of selling the news. They do whatever gets them ratings, whatever attracts attention. They want a crisis going at all times, so worried viewers will tune in.

Well, I'll tell you what. I'm not getting suckered into this scandal mongering. Speculate, sure, but so far, nothing has come up. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Didn't have much prep time? Hoss. Trump got the POTUS job in November of 2016. Trump should have known this was coming for 8 MONTHS. He put so little preparation into it, he had to beg the German government for housing...because all the hotels were already booked. The fact that he didn't means he and his staff he selected are blatantly negligent.

Trump is Johnny The Unique Snowflake in the back of the classroom, who is SURPRISED that in May/June there's a final exam.
    "‘Photograph me on horseback,’ wrote Teddy Roosevelt in 1908. ‘Tennis, no. And golf is fatal.’ "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    I thought that Trump was supposed to be a Washington outsider? Are you saying that was a lie too?
    Of course not. I didn't say he had known her a long time, just that she seems to have a lot of Washington connections.

What the what???

DJT, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    Of course not. I didn't say he had known her a long time, just that she seems to have a lot of Washington connections.
    Your still ducking le dukes question...

Quote Originally Posted by le duke View Post
    Ah. So the Trumps didn't seek out intelligence from a foreign government, via a lawyer they've known since at least 2013, and her former GRU/KGB sidekick?
    You’re asked about Dumb Sr.* and Dumb Jr. yet you keep deflecting to the lawyer.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - MLK

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    It is odd how some try to downplay the fact that Cheeto's kid and campaign mangers met with Russian operatives in order to get dirt on Hillary.

When the Gore campaign was given the Bush campaign's debate prep book in 2000 they called the FBI.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by STSSMFT View Post
    Less evidence? Really?
    Be careful is right
    We can go threw Snakes post history and look at his blindly defending Trump. One is the Courts have not ruled against him. THen when lower court after lower court rules that his excutive order his defense was the SCOTUS has not ruled against it yet.

In his defense of Russia he has been screaming the courts have not ruled him guilty yet.
    Yet on Hillary he was one of the biggest people screaming she was guilty.

Lets see he blame Hillary for Bengahizz turned out no wrong doing but we had millions wasted. Millions more wasted than the amount of defense increased there that the GOP denied and reduced the spending.

Then we go on the private servers same screaming from the right.
    Yet we are less than 6 months in the Trump and shoe after shoe keeps dropping on him and Russia and they all tend to be new. Compare this to Hillary and we see the list get played out again and again...

But hey I do not expect the supporters of party of Hate and bigotry to show their hypocrisy there. GOP is the party of hate and bigotry. We are getting pretty clear picture of our active supports of hate and bigotry.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Shame on you, for making things personal. Cut it out, will ya?
    I was joking! You know, making "iight." Context is everything.

xxl
    I was joking! You know, making "iight." Context is everything.
    Jokes are supposed to be funny. Delivery is everything.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Didn't have much prep time? Hoss. Trump got the POTUS job in November of 2016. Trump should have known this was coming for 8 MONTHS. He put so little preparation into it, he had to beg the German government for housing...because all the hotels were already booked. The fact that he didn't means he and his staff he selected are blatantly negligent.

Trump is Johnny The Unique Snowflake in the back of the classroom, who is SURPRISED that in May/June there's a final exam.
    Well, 8 months into a new administration isn't all that long, with all the other stuff going on completing the transition of power. Trump's had a lot on his plate since day one!

Patching together a delegation at the last minute perhaps reflects the Trumpista's attitudes on global warming, one, or the inevitable commitment of monetary support, which Trump is trying to moderate. So I'm not particularly surprised he's written off these G20 meetings as basically politics, schmoozing goodwill, while everybody goes back to normal until the next one.

The US is ahead of the game reducing CO2 emissions. I believe the US even has "credits" to sell Third World countries. This surely informs Trump's decisions on global warming conferences. Not saying its "right." Just saying what is. I'll let someone else parse the importance of it.

xxl
    Enough, people. This forum is to discuss politics, not berate others.

And leave the moderation to the professionals.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 121314