Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DJT, Jr.

RoadBikeReview Member

DJT, Jr.

Over the last 48 hours or so, a lot has come out about Donald, Jr., and his meetings with a Russian lawyer.

It seems that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, and his actions, which he confirmed himself, further implicate both Jared Kushner (yet another lie on security clearance form) and Paul Manafort.

Here are a string of stories about the man, the myth, the legend, DJT, Jr. Yes, they are from that liberal rag The Daily Beast. But there are some interesting theories put forth, and points made.

1) If Donnie Jr. knew about Russians have dirt on HRC, they've been lying all along.

If Team Trump Knew Kremlin Had Clinton Dirt, They’ve Been Lying About Russian Hacking

2) He's getting terrible legal advice, or none at all. I mean, dude, just stop talking already. Adoption? Magnitsky Act? Incriminating evidence against Clinton? Pick a story, put out a statement and go dark for a couple months.

Lawyers: Donald Trump Jr. Is Getting Terrible Legal Advice
    "You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out." -WTS

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by le duke View Post
    Over the last 48 hours or so, a lot has come out about Donald, Jr., and his meetings with a Russian lawyer.

It seems that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, and his actions, which he confirmed himself, further implicate both Jared Kushner (yet another lie on security clearance form) and Paul Manafort.

Here are a string of stories about the man, the myth, the legend, DJT, Jr. Yes, they are from that liberal rag The Daily Beast. But there are some interesting theories put forth, and points made.

1) If Donnie Jr. knew about Russians have dirt on HRC, they've been lying all along.

If Team Trump Knew Kremlin Had Clinton Dirt, They’ve Been Lying About Russian Hacking

2) He's getting terrible legal advice, or none at all. I mean, dude, just stop talking already. Adoption? Magnitsky Act? Incriminating evidence against Clinton? Pick a story, put out a statement and go dark for a couple months.

Lawyers: Donald Trump Jr. Is Getting Terrible Legal Advice
    This is a strange situation.

If someone had contacted Donna Brazile and said they'd like to meet because they have dirt on Trump, who would bat an eye?

Trump came out on TV and asked the Russians to hack someone to get him some dirt on Hillary. Clearly, that wasn't enough.

Manafort, Flynn, Jared and Jr. all lied about meeting with Russians when going for their security clearance. Jail time for them. Of course Trump will pardon them. But if they hadn't lied, it seems they would be in the clear.

No one has come with anything on Trump. No one has reported a quid pro quo deal with Putin.

But Trump and his people keep lying and getting caught at it.

Is collusion with Russia to influence the election by posting fake news on Facebook even a crime?

I'm as entertained as anyone by all the investigations and revelations but I guess I'm not seeing the end game. If there is no paper trail that says, for example, help me win and I'll drop sanctions, that's different. But I don't see anyone being that stupid. They all have lawyers up the ying yang.

Of course, Clinton was just a witch hunt that didn't really even dent his popularity. I wonder if this isn't just a witch hunt that, with 3 1/2 years to go, will be long forgotten by the time 2020 rolls along.

What the what???

DJT, Jr.

The way these reports and revelations keep coming, I think its way too soon to say what the relevance and implications might be. As Nixon learned, its not necessarily the crime... but the cover-up... that can get you.

The underlying (no pun intended) issue is the propensity and ease with which Trump*, his family, and members of his administration lie to the American people and try to get away with it. It seems to be instinctual. Say literally anything if you think it helps yourself and Trump*... and cover it, deny it, or ignore it after.

There may never be a smoking gun of a direct connection between Trump* and Russia (that doesnt mean hes innocent, of course). But there may well be enough evidence of meetings and collusion between Russians and Trump*s surrogates that theyve failed to disclose or simply lied about to make a strong circumstantial case. And dont forget the financial component we still know so little about.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/10/opinio...din/index.html

Show those tax returns, Donnie*.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Opus51569; 07-11-2017 at 03:40 AM.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - MLK

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    The Trump apologists ought to be coming up with some good defenses on this one.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

What the what???
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    And when none of that works, just shout FAKE NEWS, and change the subject...

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - MLK

RoadBikeReview Member
    We mostly don't care.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    We mostly don't care.
    First... collusion with a foreign adversary to attack the U.S.A. never happened.
    Second... after collusion is shown to occur by Jr., "we mostly don't care" that Jr. worked with a foreign adversary to attack the U.S.A.

Weak apology.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    We mostly don't care.
    So, you're OK with doing anything, regardless of legality, to get in power?

How do you think that's going to play out in the long run?
    "You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out." -WTS

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by le duke View Post
    So, you're OK with doing anything, regardless of legality, to get in power?

How do you think that's going to play out in the long run?
    They didn't do anything illegal. I think that in the long run, Trump's Presidency will be successful.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Stirring the pot noted
    Last edited by troutmd; 07-11-2017 at 06:21 AM.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    First... collusion with a foreign adversary to attack the U.S.A. never happened.
    Second... after collusion is shown to occur by Jr., "we mostly don't care" that Jr. worked with a foreign adversary to attack the U.S.A.

Weak apology.
    It was not intended to be an apology. Neither I nor DT jr owe one for this.

This is interesting, yesterday if I didn't wait the required time to post I could try again in 32 seconds but I had to compose it again because it got erased. Today it is still there. Progress I reckon.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    They didn't do anything illegal.
    Another weak apology.

And.... you don't know they didn't do anything illegal.

RoadBikeReview Member
    So, you'd be OK with the next DEM candidate for President and the Chinese working together to publicize DJT's taxes, expose all of the emails the GOP has sent in the last 10 years, etc.?

gazing from the shadows
    https://www.vox.com/world/2017/7/10/...-times-illegal

Trump Jr.s decision to meet with the Russian attorney to see what information she might have may well have violated campaign finance law. You dont have to actually get useful help from foreigners, according to this law. The mere fact that Trump Jr. asked for information from a Russian national about Clinton might have constituted a federal crime.

If what Donald Trump Jr. said was true ... then they should have never had the meeting in the first place, Nick Akerman, an assistant special prosecutor during the Watergate investigation who now specializes in data crime, says.

If the Times report is right, then at least one expert is willing to go further and say outright that Donald Trump Jr. likely committed a crime.

The law states that no person shall knowingly solicit or accept from a foreign national any contribution to a campaign of an item of value, explains Ryan Goodman, a former Defense Department special counsel and current editor of the legal site Just Security. There is now a clear case that Donald Trump Jr. has met all the elements of the law, which is a criminally enforced federal statute.
    Please compare and contrast behaviors:

THE 2000 CAMPAIGN: THE DEBATE; Gore Aide Receives, Then Lets Go Of Hot Potato - The New York Times

A close adviser to Vice President Al Gore said he had received an anonymously mailed package today that involved material designed to prepare Gov. George W. Bush for his debates with Mr. Gore.

The adviser, former Representative Tom Downey of Long Island, N.Y., said he examined the materials briefly before giving them to his lawyer, who turned them over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation this afternoon. Mr. Downey, who has been helping Mr. Gore prepare for the Bush debates and was standing in for Mr. Bush in mock debates, also said he would recuse himself from any further debate preparation.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

Opus was just napping
    We mostly don't care.
    Unless a Mexican tries to vote--which the facts show they don't unless they legally can. Then you care a whole hella of lot, but colluding with foreign governments to influence an election is no problemo.

What an upside down world.

If Trump were to shoot someone on fifth avenue how long do you think it would take for his followers to blame the victim for getting in the way of his bullet?
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Idiot Jr. is even dumber than his Pop. Tweets out his own incriminating email. Proves he's a liar and knew he was meeting with "The Russian government attorney". To receive documents that would "incriminate Hillary and be very useful to his father"
    Jr's lawyers must be thrilled!

Opus was just napping
    Idiot Jr. is even dumber than his Pop. Tweets out his own incriminating email. Proves he's a liar and knew he was meeting with "The Russian government attorney". To receive documents that would "incriminate Hillary and be very useful to his father"
    Jr's lawyers must be thrilled!

And he even lied about why he released them (transparency). Actually, he only released them because the Times had a copy and asked him for a comment. So he had no choice the Times was going to put them out themselves regardless.

He received an email that literally said..."Russia and its government's support 4 Trump."

To which he replied. "Love it."

Because of course he did.

BUT HER EMAILS!!!!

In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jr's own email says they did.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/11/110.20
    11 CFR 110.20 - Prohibition on contributions, donations, expenditures, independent expenditures, and disbursements by foreign nationals

Under no circumstance may a candidate coordinate campaign spending, which includes any thing of value to influence an election, with a foreign national.

It is also illegal to solicit a contribution or expenditureany thing of valuefrom a foreign national. 52 U.S.C. 30121(a)(2); 11 C.F.R. 110.20 (g). A solicitation also need not be express: it can be implied.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    If Trump were to shoot someone on fifth avenue how long do you think it would take for his followers to blame the victim for getting in the way of his bullet?
    It's not a crime to shoot a gun. The president's right to shoot is protected by the second amendment!

What the what???
    They didn't do anything illegal. I think that in the long run, Trump's Presidency will be successful.
    That kind of blanket assumption... without knowing the facts (or the law, apparently) is part of what defines a Trump* supporter.

Go ahead, call it all FAKE NEWS... we know you want to.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    That kind of blanket assumption... without knowing the facts (or the law, apparently) is part of what defines a Trump* supporter.

Go ahead, call it all FAKE NEWS... we know you want to.

You do understand that all it takes is a headline for the left to convict?

RoadBikeReview Member
    This is just the next skunk the left tosses into the room, when this one fades they will find another.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    You do understand that all it takes is a headline for the left to convict?
    Who needs a headline when you have Jr's email?

Won't be too hard for Robert Mueller to connect the dots that Jr. solicited things of value (opposition research) from foreign nationals. Which viloates https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/11/110.20

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    This is just the next skunk the left tosses into the room, when this one fades they will find another.
    No, you're not comprehending, this is all the same skunk pi$$. From the same skunk. Slowly dripping. Drip, drip, drip. The Trump's own arrogance will lead the trail right back to the skunk.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast