•The sequester

•Uncompromising House Republicans

•Gerrymandered Southern districts

•Voter awareness

•Fox News
    Mandated wage laws date back to 1349.

?

Big is relative
    Create a crisis, blame the other party for not making it better. That's leadership.
    Retired sailor

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Create a crisis, blame the other party for not making it better. That's leadership.
    I've been told simply beause the White House came up with the idea, push to thru Congress and Obama signed it into law. It's not Obama's Sequester. It's the Pub's because more of them voted for it. His hands are clean, he didn't create the crisis!

RoadBikeReview Member
    When asked, "Would you accept a $10 in cuts for $1 in new taxes budget compromise" and all of the GOP presidential candidates said no, it was obvious to many Americans common sense departed the GOP.

Oh, for the record one of them said yes - Jon Huntsman.
    Do Not Respond List:

AM999
    Hello Kitty
    SANDAN

We cannot Moderate every thread or every post. By and large, if we receive no complaints about a post and it slips down past the current crop of active threads, we will not retroactively edit it. Feel free to use the “report post” button if you see something that merits attention. As before, direct insults towards other member will be an immediate time-out. Most other things will be edited and discussed.

libtard
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    That's Republicans for ya... Pissin' on your shoe while they tell you it raining.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorX91 View Post
    That's Republicans for ya... Pissin' on your shoe while they tell you it raining.
    If a Democrat pisses on your shoe it's for your own good.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    If a Democrat pisses on your shoe it's for your own good.
    Good one.

I'd say the many times one of these manufactured crises comes about, it's the Republicans who are responsible. They're CONVINCED in their zealous little minds, "No new taxes! Cut the federal government! Privatize Social Security!"

And they couldn't give a damn what this will do to the economy, nor what the the public thinks. If that ain't pissing on your shoe, I don't know what is.

Their politics is like the high school bully threatening chaos if you don't give them what they want. They oughta be arrested and sent to jail.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Good one.

I'd say the many times one of these manufactured crises comes about, it's the Republicans who are responsible. They're CONVINCED in their zealous little minds, "No new taxes! Cut the federal government! Privatize Social Security!"

And they couldn't give a damn what this will do to the economy, nor what the the public thinks. If that ain't pissing on your shoe, I don't know what is.

Their politics is like the high school bully threatening chaos if you don't give them what they want. They oughta be arrested and sent to jail.
    I think every one of them starts with a new pie in the sky democratic party program. Which crisis are you seeing over a Republican initiative?

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'd really like it if the initiatives proposed by the Democratic party were truly pie in the sky. Rather, we see preemptive political compromise to the point of abject elimination of a properly leftist (even liberal-left) option to be sought in party-politics. I guess that this suggests wide agreement among ruling elites over what must be placed 'off the table' to maintain their interests. The thing is, this broad-based party-political 'compromise', between the right and the center-right threatens even the bases of capitalist stability and profitability in the long term.

ebola

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebola View Post
    I'd really like it if the initiatives proposed by the Democratic party were truly pie in the sky. Rather, we see preemptive political compromise to the point of abject elimination of a properly leftist (even liberal-left) option to be sought in party-politics. I guess that this suggests wide agreement among ruling elites over what must be placed 'off the table' to maintain their interests. The thing is, this broad-based party-political 'compromise', between the right and the center-right threatens even the bases of capitalist stability and profitability in the long term.

ebola
    There are right wing and left wing fringe politics and then there is reality. Politicians tend to run near the fringes and govern closer to the middle because he middle is where truth and justice and public opinion reside.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Good one.
    How come Republicans pissing on your shoes is a FUNNY joke but Democrats pissing on your shoes is a horrible insult?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spade2you View Post
    How come Republicans pissing on your shoes is a FUNNY joke but Democrats pissing on your shoes is a horrible insult?
    Aww, I think he chuckled a little bit.