Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    personal opinion noted
    Thank you. I wasn't going to sleep well tonight wondering if you noted my personal opinion.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb100 View Post
    Thank you. I wasn't going to sleep well tonight wondering if you noted my personal opinion.
    Personal opinion are --- well --- personal. If you want so love here provide links in support of your personal views. Read some of XXL's post as they are excellent examples of personal commentary empowered by supportive information.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ouch!

What is Medicaid, and how would Senate health care bill affect it? - Business Insider

The Republican attempts to repeal Obamacare constitute a massive proposed change to Medicaid affect 69 million Americans.

No wonder 4 out of 5 voter don't like the GOP's healthcare proposals.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Personal opinion are --- well --- personal. If you want so love here provide links in support of your personal views. Read some of XXL's post as they are excellent examples of personal commentary empowered by supportive information.
    I got a laugh out of that. Not that XXL's posts aren't good, but most of yours are pretty opinionated and fact free.

And that's supported by a quick read of just this thread.

People who live in glass houses, pot/kettle, etc.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb100 View Post
    I got a laugh out of that. Not that XXL's posts aren't good, but most of yours are pretty opinionated and fact free.

And that's supported by a quick read of just this thread.

People who live in glass houses, pot/kettle, etc.
    Don't take it so hard but keep sharing those personal opinions my friend. Powerful stuff!

RoadBikeReview Member
    KaBOOM

'Simply Unworkable': Insurers Blast New Provision In Senate Health Bill | HuffPost

As recently as Friday, during an address to the nation’s governors, Vice President Mike Pence said the “legislation ensures that every American with preexisting conditions has access to the coverage and care they need ― no exceptions.”

Well sort of Mr. Vice President.

Two organizations representing the U.S. health insurance industry just called a new provision of the Senate Republicans’ health care proposal “simply unworkable in any form” and warned that it would cause major hardship, especially for middle-class people with serious medical problems.

It is unclear if those in the middle class and/or with pre-existing conditions will see 20%m 35%, 50% or more increases to their healthcare insure premiums.
    Last edited by troutmd; 1 Week Ago at 04:21 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Don't take it so hard but keep sharing those personal opinions my friend. Powerful stuff!
    Again, a good laugh.

You express a personal opinion about me while decrying my sharing of personal opinions.

This reminds me of why I don't like many democrats any more than republicans. Democrats have a way of accusing Republicans of doing and thinking the same way they do.

Obviously, those at the top of the Republican party are simply lying manipulators but the rank and file of both parties use the same thought processes and express the same attitudes as their counterparts.

You call me out for expressing opinions without providing supporting documentation, then do the same thing, yourself.

And manage to sound smug about it, as if you are revealing some eternal truth told to you by god.

I've been noticing lately that many of our conservative trolls on this board are sounding not so different from our progressives.

The one liners and quips go back and forth but there is no substantive discussion. Its as though everything Trump does is reduced to a one liner that, as Colbert would say, 'sounds truthy'.

The same stuff that conservatives did when Obama was president.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Appears Senator McCain's surgery next weeks has resulted in the postponement of the Trumpcare vote. Get well John.

Another week of public debate could reduce public support for the GOP's latest "repeal & replace" Obamacare at or beyond the public's love for paying taxes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Republicans have made a big change to their health-care plan: Instead of increasing costs for the poor and sick to lower them for the rich and healthy, it would lower costs for the rich and healthy to increase them for the poor and sick.

See the difference? No? Well, you must not be a Republican senator then

Thank you WaPo for the concise summary. Is Frank Luntz now ghost writing for you?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    Republicans want the poor and sick to die in the streets. They may not be for doing it right off the bat but they are very willing to let it happen slowly. The lack of insurance and basic health care means screenings and early treatment are not done. This cause the cost to go higher and causes people to die.

So GOP and even our conservative followers here are fully supporting letting people die in the streets.

RoadBikeReview Member

Now Its GOP Cannablism

The House is mad at the Senate. The Senate is mad at the House. Various factions in the House and Senate are mad at each other or mad at their leaders.

Republican lawmakers have yet to turn on President Trump in any meaningful way. But they’re starting to turn on each other.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-other/533952/

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Seven years of promising to repeal (and/or) replace. Full GOP control of Congress and POTUS. And Trumpy thinks he's not gonna own it.

Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member

Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ah sorry Mr. President but the GOP talking point Obama had full control for 2 years has been proven wrong time after time.

No! Obama Did Not Control Congress His First Two Years!

When is Trump going to try and erroneously attempt to blame Obama for taking the troops out of Iraq?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timeless View Post
    Republicans want the poor and sick to die in the streets. They may not be for doing it right off the bat but they are very willing to let it happen slowly. The lack of insurance and basic health care means screenings and early treatment are not done. This cause the cost to go higher and causes people to die.

So GOP and even our conservative followers here are fully supporting letting people die in the streets.
    I don't think they really care where they die.

However, an awful lot of people who won't have health insurance vote republican. But its OK as long as Nancy Pelosi doesn't come and take their guns or bibles.

RoadBikeReview Member
    And what do the Democrats think of all this?

“Rather than repeating the same failed, partisan process yet again, Republicans should start from scratch and work with Democrats on a bill that lowers premiums, provides long-term stability to the markets and improves our health care system,” said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.

feh
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    And what do the Democrats think of all this?

“Rather than repeating the same failed, partisan process yet again, Republicans should start from scratch and work with Democrats on a bill that lowers premiums, provides long-term stability to the markets and improves our health care system,” said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.
    Won't happen. Obamacare is the boogeyman the Rs have been blaming all the world's ills on for 7 years. The only way they can claim "success" is if they repeal and/or replace it. They don't give a sh1t about the average American.

The more interesting question - will Price/Trump now actively try to sabotage the marketplaces? It's in their power to do so.
    What's the Matter with Kansas?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by feh View Post
    Won't happen. Obamacare is the boogeyman the Rs have been blaming all the world's ills on for 7 years. The only way they can claim "success" is if they repeal and/or replace it. They don't give a sh1t about the average American.
    Agree. The tone-deaf GOP will not cooperate with the Democrats.

I'm however glad to read the Democrats are taking the high road and have something construction to offer, i.e., suggesting a bill that lowers premiums, provides long-term stability to the markets and improves our health care system by reforming the ACA.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Agree. The tone-deaf GOP will not cooperate with the Democrats.

I'm however glad to read the Democrats are taking the high road and have something construction to offer, i.e., suggesting a bill that lowers premiums, provides long-term stability to the markets and improves our health care system by reforming the ACA.
    Obamacare would be 'fixed' if the penalties for not having insurance are increased.

Or, the whole problem can go away with single payer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    I hope the gop can pass something like they are proposing. 2018 couldn't come quickly enough for me if they do.

Sent from my KFTBWI using Tapatalk

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member

RoadBikeReview Member
    CBO harpoons McConnell's "better and cheaper" Obama plan:

Here's what the new bill would do:

-- Get rid of the individual and employer mandates, two of the least favorite provisions of the law, by reducing the penalty to $0. This provision would be retroactive to 2016.

-- Effectively end Obamacare in 2020 by eliminating the federal subsidies that help people afford individual coverage.

-- Eliminate Medicaid expansion starting in 2020.

-- Repeal taxes on the wealthy, health insurers, medical device makers and others.

-- Defund Planned Parenthood for one year.

-- Increase funding for substance abuse and mental health needs by $1.5 billion over two years.

Enacting the legislation would decrease deficits by $473 billion over the next decade, however this doesn't take into account the cost of a replacement plan.

Good deal for all you patriots except that 32 million of you end up without insurance while the 1% oligarchs get a tax break to pay for even more government influence.

Ahead of midterms, voters prefer Democrats even as Republicans ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...de...96ab-5f38140b3...
    1 day ago - A Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that even with President Trump's ... News poll offers conflicting forecasts for the 2018 midterm elections, with ... Democrats in control of Congress to check President Trump even as ...

RoadBikeReview Member

Someone Got A Rope?

Senate Parliamentarian Upends GOP Hopes For Health Bill | Kaiser Health News

The official rules keeper in the Senate Friday tossed a bucket of cold water on the Senate Republican health bill by advising that major parts of the bill cannot be passed with a simple majority, but rather would require 60 votes. Republicans hold only 52 seats in the Senate.

Senate Parliamentarian Elizabeth MacDonough said that a super-majority is needed for the temporary defunding of Planned Parenthood, abortion coverage restrictions to health plans purchased with tax credits and the requirement that people with breaks in coverage wait six months before they can purchase new plans.

The Senate is using a budget process called “reconciliation” that allows Republicans to pass a bill with only 50 votes (and the potential tie to be broken by Vice President Mike Pence). But there are strict rules about what can and cannot be included, and those rules are enforced by the parliamentarian. Those rules can be waived, but that requires 60 votes, and all the chamber’s Democrats have vowed to fight every version of the bill to “repeal and replace” the Affordable Care Act, which is set for a possible vote next week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12