Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

The Elephant's Gallows Pole

The chamber’s GOP leaders have sent their repeal legislation to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) for evaluation, with plans to hold a vote on the bill late next week. Although negotiations are ongoing, they have come up with a proposed compromise for one of the most complicated issues, Medicaid funding, according to reporting by Peter Sullivan of The Hill and Caitlin Owens of Axios.

The details remain fuzzy, and may be in flux. In normal times, it would make sense wait until confirmation of those details or, better still, a chance to read the bill itself before drawing firm conclusions about what the proposal would do.

But Republicans are doing their best to keep legislative text a secret
    for as long as possible. On Monday night, as Democrats held a marathon debate to protest GOP tactics, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) wouldn’t even promise 10 hours of public deliberation before holding a vote.

BTW - Majority Leader McConnell said way back in 2009 that the review of Obamacare was critical; should not be rushed; and done in public view.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Hypocrites to the bone.

Obamacare had 100 Senate hearings and 161 amendments from Republicans.

Trumpcare will have 0 Senate hearings and 0 amendments.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

Not Banned
    no one ever said forcible rape was a slow process
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Not Banned
    it appears the law has a huge cut to medicare which will put more economic onus on the states and individuals

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    Hypocrites to the bone.

Obamacare had 100 Senate hearings and 161 amendments from Republicans.

Trumpcare will have 0 Senate hearings and 0 amendments.
    Republicans are suggesting that those numbers are all the same.

Not Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    #alternate facts

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    If you round to the nearest 500, they are.

I've noticed none of the GOP apologists have been chiming and and defending this crap.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    I've noticed none of the GOP apologists have been chiming and and defending this crap.
    And thus the tread title: The Elephant's Gallows Pole
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member

RoadBikeReview Member
    CNBC is reporting:

Even if the GOP health bill passes, Mitch McConnell must go

•Mitch McConnell has betrayed conservative and good government principles time and again.
    •McConnell's handling of the Obamacare repeal and replacement bill process is an embarrassment.
    •McConnell seems to represent no one but lobbyists and fellow career politicians.

Poor Mitch. You lead the charge to make Obama a one-term President by instituting a GOP obstructionist strategy, and the chickens have come home to roost sonny boy! The Trumpcare flop is just what a do-nothing politicians are good at --- doing nothing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Senate Republican healthcare bill hangs in the balance - Business Insider

"We will go from the majority to minority." Republican Senator

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Senate Republican healthcare bill hangs in the balance - Business Insider

"We will go from the majority to minority." Republican Senator
    I don't believe that for a minute. Here's why.

Stupid people and not stupid Republicans make up the majority of voters.

Republican 'think tanks' are actually public opinion survey groups who are able to hone in on what stupid people want to believe and craft a message sponsored in TV ads, radio shows and on Fox News.

Democrats have no leadership.

Because they are the 'party of diversity' Democrats are afraid of offending anyone not named Trump or old white person. Appealing to the stupid is a lot easier.

Bernie demonstrated that Democrats are as much the elites as non stupid Republicans.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I can name that tune in two words: Frank Luntz

Why the DNC has not hired this genius is maleficence.

REPEAT POP QUIZ FOR Non-Conservatives:

Name the three Obamacare changes that are needed now to enhance program sustainability?

What the what???

The Elephant's Gallows Pole

I can name that tune in two words: Frank Luntz

Why the DNC has not hired this genius is maleficence.

REPEAT POP QUIZ FOR Non-Conservatives:

Name the three Obamacare changes that are needed now to enhance program sustainability?
    Sorry, I don’t share your enthusiasm for Luntz. It’s gotten to where if I see him leading one of his focus groups on TV I change the channel. He puts together groups and questions to feed red meat to those who want red meat. I see no probative value to what he does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - MLK

RoadBikeReview Member
    Eighty percent of our life is emotion, and only 20 percent is intellect. I am much more interested in how you feel than how you think. I can change how you think, but how you feel is something deeper and stronger, and it's something that's inside you. Frank Luntz

Dems think too much and lose, while Bill Clinton felt your pain and won.

Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    I see no probative value to what he does.
    I do and so does the GOP. In a nutshell, Luntz creates superior slogan messaging that connects with the voters and wins elections.
    Last edited by troutmd; 1 Week Ago at 12:55 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    McConnell III hit the streets today and even before the CBO scores this latest ACA repeal/reform attempt, appears if you have a pre-existing condition your insurance is going to go sky-high; 20 something's get cheapy insurance while the over 50 crowd gets a tsunami sizes price hike.

CBO score of McConnell III is due Monday or Tuesday.

Ricardo Cabeza
    It seems they are keeping most of Obamacare.

Funny how they were so quick to repeal it when they KNEW Obama would veto the repeal.

Now that it's almost a 100% chance a repeal will be signed into law, they can't find their asses with both hands.

The only way the Republican party is going to regain relevancy is to actually become the party of balanced budgets and small government, instead of the party that talks big about those things but really wants the opposite. Becoming Democrat Lite isn't going to serve them, at all.

The reason people elected a buffoon like Trump is because they are sick of politicians and their ****, and Trump promised to change that. Republicans have a golden opportunity and they are pissing it away.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

What the what???
    Eighty percent of our life is emotion, and only 20 percent is intellect. I am much more interested in how you feel than how you think. I can change how you think, but how you feel is something deeper and stronger, and it's something that's inside you. Frank Luntz

Dems think too much and lose, while Bill Clinton felt your pain and won.

I do and so does the GOP. In a nutshell, Luntz creates superior slogan messaging that connects with the voters and wins elections.
    Can he do it silently and off camera?

I agree the Democrats have been pretty lousy about explaining and communicating their ideas. I’m less convinced one guy has the answer. But better marketing wouldn’t hurt.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - MLK

RoadBikeReview Member

I agree the Democrats have been pretty lousy about explaining and communicating their ideas. I’m less convinced one guy has the answer. But better marketing wouldn’t hurt.
    It would be best if Luntz did his "new and improve" DNC message making magic behind the scene and certainly away from any "bright lights."

If things continue as the are for the next three months, the 2018 mid-term campaign begins. Thee is no better time then now to shape the talking point for the DNC prime message (which I think could be ) We are better together. This would allow transitioning from the Democrats on pure defense since November 2016 (which the GOP will hammer away as "obstructionism") to a positive messaging of better ideas for a all of us; better governing for all of us; and a better future for our children.

RoadBikeReview Member
    It would be best if Luntz did his "new and improve" DNC message making magic behind the scene and certainly away from any "bright lights."

If things continue as the are for the next three months, the 2018 mid-term campaign begins. Thee is no better time then now to shape the talking point for the DNC prime message (which I think could be ) We are better together. This would allow transitioning from the Democrats on pure defense since November 2016 (which the GOP will hammer away as "obstructionism") to a positive messaging of better ideas for a all of us; better governing for all of us; and a better future for our children.
    Its not a matter of Frank Luntz.

Its a matter of lying.

Hillary seldom lied, Trump lied all the time. Look at the fact check charts that were so prominent here during the campaign.

I could do for the Democrats what Frank Luntz does for the Republicans if I could get Democrats to say whatever I told them to say. Republicans all get in line to get their marching orders. Politicians, radio right wingers, Fox News, all get the same hymn book to sing from and, by and large, don't stray.

Republicans have a long and storied tradition of saying anything to get votes. Trump is just the latest in a long line going back to Nixon. Eisenhower told the truth, its why he hated Nixon. Before him, you had to go all the way back to Hoover. He told the truth because Republicans were above lying at the time, since they owned everything.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb100 View Post
    Its not a matter of Frank Luntz.

Its a matter of lying.

Hillary seldom lied, Trump lied all the time. Look at the fact check charts that were so prominent here during the campaign.

I could do for the Democrats what Frank Luntz does for the Republicans if I could get Democrats to say whatever I told them to say. Republicans all get in line to get their marching orders. Politicians, radio right wingers, Fox News, all get the same hymn book to sing from and, by and large, don't stray.

Republicans have a long and storied tradition of saying anything to get votes. Trump is just the latest in a long line going back to Nixon. Eisenhower told the truth, its why he hated Nixon. Before him, you had to go all the way back to Hoover. He told the truth because Republicans were above lying at the time, since they owned everything.
    personal opinion noted

feh
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007

The message isn't the problem; the audience is.

The average American is too stupid and/or lazy to think about policy. Much easier to react emotionally.
    What's the Matter with Kansas?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by feh View Post
    The message isn't the problem; the audience is.

The average American is too stupid and/or lazy to think about policy. Much easier to react emotionally.
    Until such time as the US Constitution is amended requiring average IQ attainment to be eligible to vote (not such a bad idea), getting voters pi$$ed off and angry enhances turnout and WINS elections. thus the essential needed for Luntz-type messaging skills.

feh
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Until such time as the US Constitution is amended requiring average IQ attainment to be eligible to vote (not such a bad idea), getting voters pi$$ed off and angry enhances turnout and WINS elections. thus the essential needed for Luntz-type messaging skills.
    I'm not disagreeing with you. I simply find the situation disgusting.
    What's the Matter with Kansas?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by feh View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you. I simply find the situation disgusting.
    Me too.

Did you now that most of Trump's 304 electoral votes came from Ex-Slaver states?

The finding that those pro-Trump states contain lower IQ's would be a mere coincidence ... or maybe not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast