Daft Punk built my hotrod

Further evidence that Fox=News for very stupid people

Fox "News" actually claims the platinum coin would have to be made from a whole lot of platinum. Like a trillion dollars' worth.

Moron station.

Fox: Trillion Dollar Coin Would Equal Weight Of 89 Blue Whales - YouTube

careful Pax, the FOX viewers on this forum "aren't in on the joke."....

Platinum LOLs - TPM

Quote Originally Posted by David Kurtz

Fox News thinks the $1 trillion platinum coin would have to be made of $1 trillion worth of platinum, which would weigh a lot, don’t you know. Watch.

Milk was a bad choice.
    Can't we just agree this whole thing is idiotic all the way around? Do you really think us implementing such a contrivance won't negatively affect the USA credit rating? It's a banana republic move all the way around and should be laughed out of the room. But it's not.

Ricardo Cabeza
    I don't know who is dumber, the people who think there will actually be a trillion dollar coin made of platinum or the people who think most Fox viewers think it's a serious proposal.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    I don't know who is dumber, the people who think there will actually be a trillion dollar coin made of platinum or the people who think most Fox viewers think it's a serious proposal.
    Do ANY regular FOX viewers (other than the libs that can't help themselves) think it is anything other than an attempt to put it into perspective?

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit

Do ANY regular FOX viewers (other than the libs that can't help themselves) think it is anything other than an attempt to put it into perspective?

put what into perspective?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    You really can't expect the addled minds of those who cling to the fiscal Santa Clause approach to Macro economics to recognize when sarcasm is used to point out the absurdity of their belief system.

You also can't expect them to recognize the difference between news programs and political talk shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post

warrrrrrrgh!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by erj549 View Post
    Can't we just agree this whole thing is idiotic all the way around? Do you really think us implementing such a contrivance won't negatively affect the USA credit rating? It's a banana republic move all the way around and should be laughed out of the room. But it's not.
    agreed. The fact that there needs to be a vote on the debt ceiling is totally absurd. Congress already approved all the spending and taxes, why do they need to also approve borrowing the money? Either cut the spending, and/or raise the taxes, or STFU.

This country is going down the drain...
    I hate you all

j/k lol kthxbye!

Daft Punk built my hotrod
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Polls consistently show Fox News watchers to be grossly misinformed and largely clueless about issues.

Swiff is right, FOX "news" specializes in subtle humor that is only understood by its extremely literate audience.

get a clue, libs!

Fox News Host Suggests Saddam Hussein ‘Financed’ 9/11 Attacks - TPM

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    Wait, libs? Do you mean liberals watch fox news regularly? Beacuse the only liberals i know only watch fox news occasionaly just for a quick laugh or to see what the morons at Fox News are feeding to the morons who still believe they can get real news and accurate information from them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AVALON1959 View Post
    Wait, libs? Do you mean liberals watch fox news regularly? Beacuse the only liberals i know only watch fox news occasionaly just for a quick laugh or to see what the morons at Fox News are feeding to the morons who still believe they can get real news and accurate information from them.
    Then they come here and tell us how dumb those of us who watch even less of it are. Why, I often go 10 or 15 minutes without checking FOX to see what I'm thinking.

n00bsauce
    Quote Originally Posted by foto View Post
    agreed. The fact that there needs to be a vote on the debt ceiling is totally absurd. Congress already approved all the spending and taxes, why do they need to also approve borrowing the money? Either cut the spending, and/or raise the taxes, or borrow the money or stfu.

This country is going down the drain...
    fify....
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said.

"We are all ignorant about most things."
    Mel Erickson