Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Go Blue

Gay Bashing Circa 1965

There is an interesting article in today's Washington Post about Mitt Romney's high school days, which included a gay bashing/bullying incident in which Mitt was the ringleader. He could not abide the fact that a guy who was a year younger and suspected of being gay had bleached his hair. Mitt rounded up a posse and while they were holding the guy down, Mitt cut off his hair. Mitt Romney’s prep school classmates recall pranks, but also troubling incidents - The Washington Post This is quite a contrast to an event that also occurred in 1965 involving George W. Bush that Lanny Davis, President Clinton's former counsel, has recounted several times. In that incident, a group of guys in W.'s Yale dorm were making fun of a guy that they suspected of being "queer." As Davis wrote: George heard it and, most uncharacteristically, snapped: "Shut up." Then he said, in words I can remember almost verbatim: "Why don't you try walking in his shoes for a while and see how it feels before you make a comment like that?" Lanny Davis George Bush | True Confessions: A Democrat Likes George - Los Angeles Times
    I try to be perfectly civil, until someone really pisses me off.

No Crybabies

bad

If it's true about Mitt, I"d hope that he knows and acknowledges that it was wrong.

A lot of things happened 50 years ago that people are much wiser about now.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    There is an interesting article in today's Washington Post about Mitt Romney's high school days, which included a gay bashing/bullying incident in which Mitt was the ringleader. He could not abide the fact that a guy who was a year younger and suspected of being gay had bleached his hair. Mitt rounded up a posse and while they were holding the guy down, Mitt cut off his hair. Mitt Romney’s prep school classmates recall pranks, but also troubling incidents - The Washington Post This is quite a contrast to an event that also occurred in 1965 involving George W. Bush that Lanny Davis, President Clinton's former counsel, has recounted several times. In that incident, a group of guys in W.'s Yale dorm were making fun of a guy that they suspected of being "queer." As Davis wrote: George heard it and, most uncharacteristically, snapped: "Shut up." Then he said, in words I can remember almost verbatim: "Why don't you try walking in his shoes for a while and see how it feels before you make a comment like that?" Lanny Davis George Bush | True Confessions: A Democrat Likes George - Los Angeles Times
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When my fist clenches, crack it open
    Before I use it and lose my cool
    When I smile, tell me some bad news
    Before I laugh and act like a fool

Misfit Toy
    Mittens will deny it happened, until he admits it happened.
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

RoadBikeReview Member
    it's all OK, he apologized today for his "pranks"...so I'm sure that makes it all better.

Romney Offers Apology for High School Pranks, Says Homosexuality Was Not On His Mind - ABC News

lovely stuff there, Mittens.

Sticky Valentine
    Tin foil hat time: Romney gay bashing story presented the day after Obama comes out officially in support of gay marriage

joe
    'They say gold paint on the palace gates comes from the teeth of pensioners
    They're so tired of shooting protest singers that they hardly mention us
    While fountains fill with second-hand perfume and sodden trading stamps
    They'll hang the bullies and the louts that dampen down the day" - EC

RoadBikeReview Member

Rolling gays

was an acceptable activity in the mid 60's. Today not so much.
    +1 for the NRA!

Guns save lives.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    normal republican behavior.

Fecal indicator
    Quote Originally Posted by jarbiker View Post
    other than the cretins perpetuating the violence, it was acceptable to whom?
    eff all y'all...

Daft Punk built my hotrod
    Yeah, because the Bible was different back in the 60's. The sermon on the mount didn't happen yet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Some "pranks" are taken too far and become not so funny for anyone especially those on the receiving end. This story has little to do with the man so much as it does serve to be a contrast to Obama's carefully orchestrated interview about gay rights. One thing it does point to in a rather significant way is, we have the ability to look back on Romney and the history of his evolving into the man. Obama? Notsomuch Well we do know he was sexually harassing little girls in Indonesia
    Just because I understand doesn't mean I care!
    - From my beer koozie

Anti-Americanism is the principle zeitgeist of our times.

- the rydster

Sometimes your answer is as simple as looking down and noticing your own feet for the first time.
    - Snakebit

libtard
    For a$$holes, it was always acceptable and it still is today.

Please feel free to quibble with my statement if you want.
    Last edited by TerminatorX91; 05-10-2012 at 12:26 PM.

libtard

He MIGHT have gone too far...

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    Mittens will deny it happened, until he admits it happened.
    "They talk about the fact that I played a lot of pranks in high school," Romney said. "And they describe some that you just say to yourself, back in high school I just did some dumb things and if anybody was hurt by that or offended by it, obviously I apologize."

“I participated in a lot of hijinks and pranks during high school and some might have gone too far and for that, I apologize,"

libtard

Romney Lauber 2012

RoadBikeReview Member

No, the Bible is the same

Quote Originally Posted by PaxRomana View Post
    Yeah, because the Bible was different back in the 60's. The sermon on the mount didn't happen yet.
    we are just choosing to ignore it these days.

For instance,

Leviticus 20:13

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
    +1 for the NRA!

Guns save lives.

libtard
    Quote Originally Posted by Live Steam View Post
    LOL They allow you to post during school hours in Middle School? Don't let the teacher see you doing it LOL
    brilliant

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorX91 View Post
    brilliant
    Thank you. See I can be polite
    - From my beer koozie

- the rydster

Sometimes your answer is as simple as looking down and noticing your own feet for the first time.
    - Snakebit

libtard
    Quote Originally Posted by Live Steam View Post
    Thank you. See I can be polite
    We know very well that you can be a lot of things.

Go Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixed View Post
    If it's true about Mitt, I"d hope that he knows and acknowledges that it was wrong.

A lot of things happened 50 years ago that people are much wiser about now.
    I agree with you. But, the thing that really sticks out for me is that George W. Bush at the same point in time showed some leadership and went against the prevailing norm while Mitt went with it. I hardly am a George W. Bush fanboy, but I think that it shows strength of character in him that I find missing from Mitt Romney. The incident only confirms my view of Mitt Romney: He really does not have any principles and will do whatever the prevailing winds suggest that he should do. Now, depending on whether the winds are blowing right or left, that may not be a bad thing from my perspective. But, it does not inspire any admiration from me.
    I try to be perfectly civil, until someone really pisses me off.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    He really does not have any principles and will do whatever the prevailing winds suggest that he should do.
    You can put any politicians name before, during or after that quote; especially one running for the presidency. Heck Obama's stance on the issue is the definition of what you wrote.
    - From my beer koozie

- the rydster

- Snakebit

Misfit Toy

For instance,

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
    So I'm sure you follow all of these other teachings from the Bible too...(with thanks to Google search)

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bahueh View Post
    your infantile posts know no bounds.

do you actually care to explain WTH you were talking about?
    it was completely nonsensical.
    You sometimes seem to be pretty intelligent. What didn't you understand in my post?
    - From my beer koozie

- the rydster

- Snakebit

RoadBikeReview Member

Oh no, we

So I'm sure you follow all of these other teachings from the Bible too...(with thanks to Google search)

ignore all of those teachings also.
    +1 for the NRA!

Guns save lives.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member

For instance,

Do we want to go there?

Deuteronomy 22:28-29
    If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

Let not ignore women marrying their rapists, stoning your children, eating shellfish, etc etc etc

banned
    Y'know, the more you look at it, the more Leviticus and Exodus sound kind of 'Taliban-y'.

Yet the anti-gay crowd loves to quote from it selectively. Hmm....

Nice finds, Snap.

So I'm sure you follow all of these other teachings from the Bible too...[I](with thanks to Google search)

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

Daft Punk built my hotrod
    Pavlov's dogs had much better sense than the anti-gay crowd who keep bringing up the same stupid Old Testament passages, only to be rapped about the ears with the reality that the OT is just that...old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast