Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 111
  1. #1
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    18,408

    Germany controlled by Russia! Narrator: It isn't

    This is just one of the many stupid comments we can expect to see as Trump according to noted liberal Bill Kristal goes abroad "whining petulantly and ignorantly, and so diminishing his office and our country" for the next week or so.

    Clearly he wants no part of NATO and just like playing chess with a pigeon, he will, "knock the pieces over, crap on the board then fly back to his flock to proclaim victory."

    I know that Trump doesn't care that breaking NATO means no early warning for US mainland the loss of our nukes on Russia's doorstep and the mutual defense of something that has worked for 70 years. But Putin does.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,534
    The deplorables love it when Trump lies




  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nealric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,644
    Trump has a long history of claiming his opponents are guilty of something he himself is guilty of.

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,534
    Merkel tells Cheeto to STFU

    "I've experienced myself a part of Germany controlled by the Soviet Union, and Iím very happy today that we are united in freedom ... and can thus say that we can determine our own policies and make our own decisions and thatís very good."

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,534
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    Trump has a long history of claiming his opponents are guilty of something he himself is guilty of.
    Goebbels at Nuremberg ó 1934

    The cleverest trick used in propaganda against Germany during the war was to accuse Germany of what our enemies themselves were doing.

  6. #6
    tlg
    tlg is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,741
    You can't take Trump literally.
    He was joking... ha ha.
    It was a metaphor.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,534
    Trump, and his loyal followers, are still promoting the "Delinquent" lie.*

    https://apnews.com/051df8e38b2b427f99e8e6002f21bec0

    ​​​​​​​THE FACTS: There is no such debt to the U.S. or to NATO. Therefore, no delinquency or question of payment.
    But it must be a metaphor

  8. #8
    tlg
    tlg is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,741
    Hmmm a certain "snake-ey" person recently said about Trump...
    I don't think he's any of that, maybe a lie or two but the rest of it is just how you want to see him.
    Surely Trump isn't lying. It's just how you want to see him.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,534
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    Hmmm a certain "snake-ey" person recently said about Trump...


    Surely Trump isn't lying. It's just how you want to see him.
    Maybe he meant a "lie or two" per minute?

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Snakebit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    67,572
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    This is just one of the many stupid comments we can expect to see as Trump according to noted liberal Bill Kristal goes abroad "whining petulantly and ignorantly, and so diminishing his office and our country" for the next week or so.

    Clearly he wants no part of NATO and just like playing chess with a pigeon, he will, "knock the pieces over, crap on the board then fly back to his flock to proclaim victory."

    I know that Trump doesn't care that breaking NATO means no early warning for US mainland the loss of our nukes on Russia's doorstep and the mutual defense of something that has worked for 70 years. But Putin does.
    We could bring our nukes home and destroy them and we would still have enough available to make Mad Max look like a prophecy. NATO was and is primarily a European defense organization that is heavily reliant on American muscle. It may not be the best policy to abolish it but it isn't a defense disaster for America. Probably not for Europe today either.

  11. #11
    tlg
    tlg is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Maybe he meant a "lie or two" per minute?
    Come on now... be fair. That's a little exaggeration.

    3,001 lies in 466 days is a mere 6.4 lies per day.... a "lie or two" every (awake) hour.


    But of course we're only talking about known public lies. You just know he lies his @ss off in private too... so maybe a "lie or two" per minute is accurate.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    We could bring our nukes home and destroy them and we would still have enough available to make Mad Max look like a prophecy.
    Yet your boy Trump wants 10 times the nukes we have today
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/all/tru...eaders-n809701

    Pretty stupid eh?

  13. #13
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    18,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    Probably not for Europe today either.
    Depends on who in Europe and which NATO partner...

    https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-russia-218965

    But I understand that now that Trump has thought better of NATO his followers surely think it is not all that important now either.

    The dissonance is almost to a point where you just sit back and be amazed. GIVE ME MORE FOR THE MILITARY that OBAMA DESTROYED! To NATO you are making me spend too much on the military!!!!
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: love4himies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,045
    https://www.cleanenergywire.org/fact...d-fossil-fuels

    This links gives some facts on Germany's energy imports. Although they may not get 70% from Russia, they do import about 70% from other countries. Russia, however, is their main source for imported energy fuels.

    To know exactly what Trump was saying to keep that statistic it into context, we would need more than a tweet, but the whole conversation.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

  15. #15
    tlg
    tlg is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,741
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    https://www.cleanenergywire.org/fact...d-fossil-fuels

    This links gives some facts on Germany's energy imports. Although they may not get 70% from Russia, they do import about 70% from other countries. Russia, however, is their main source for imported energy fuels.

    To know exactly what Trump was saying to keep that statistic it into context, we would need more than a tweet, but the whole conversation.
    Instead of making excuses for Trump, you could just google it. It's documented. The whole conversation. On video. From literally every news source.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  16. #16
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    26,034
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    You can't take Trump literally.
    He was joking... ha ha.
    It was a metaphor.
    It is a negotiating strategy!
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

  17. #17
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,534
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    https://www.cleanenergywire.org/fact...d-fossil-fuels

    This links gives some facts on Germany's energy imports. Although they may not get 70% from Russia, they do import about 70% from other countries. Russia, however, is their main source for imported energy fuels.

    To know exactly what Trump was saying to keep that statistic it into context, we would need more than a tweet, but the whole conversation.
    Your link proves Trump was lying, bigly.

    Thanks

  18. #18
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,534
    John Kerry says what every reasonable person is thinking


  19. #19
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: love4himies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    John Kerry says what every reasonable person is thinking

    Trump is not there to win a popularity contest, he speaks the truth and if people don't like it, that's too bad. It's time for those countries (Canada included) to put into their military according to the NATO agreement. If all the other Presidents were too afraid to speak up that's their problem.

    Geesh, the world depends on the US to be there to help out at the expense of the American taxpayer, meanwhile those countries are enjoying their social benefits. It's time for others to step up too.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

  20. #20
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: jimb100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,063
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post

    I know that Trump doesn't care that breaking NATO means no early warning for US mainland the loss of our nukes on Russia's doorstep and the mutual defense of something that has worked for 70 years. But Putin does.
    Early warning of what?

    We do have satellites viewing what's going on in Russia at all times. Is this news?

    We spend too much on defense and Europe counts on this so they can spend less while providing universal health care and free education after high school.

    Is this fair, unfair, or just politics?

    Regardless, they have made commitments and should live up to them or change the commitment.

    Of course, NATO is obsolete. The EU is more than capable of defending themselves from any Russian threat. With backing from the US nuclear submarine fleet, no sane leader would attack Europe or the US.

    Nato is no protection from an insane leader with nuclear weapons.

    Just another distraction to play to the base and make liberals heads explode.

  21. #21
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,534
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    Trump is not there to win a popularity contest, he speaks the truth and if people don't like it, that's too bad. It's time for those countries (Canada included) to put into their military according to the NATO agreement. If all the other Presidents were too afraid to speak up that's their problem.

    Geesh, the world depends on the US to be there to help out at the expense of the American taxpayer, meanwhile those countries are enjoying their social benefits. It's time for others to step up too.
    There is so much wrong with your post.

    Trump did not speak the truth, he lied. He lied about Germany and Russia. He lied when he said countries own the U.S. money. He lied about the timeline for the 2% target. It is also a lie to claim that "Other Presidents were afraid to speak up" that claim is complete nonsense.

    https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...r-share-231405

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-course-he-is

    Obama Warns NATO Allies to Share Defense Burden: 'We Can't Do It Alone'

    https://nypost.com/2010/02/26/pull-your-weight-europe/

    The result of Obama's "Speaking up" was a $40 Billion increase in defense spending by NATO countries.......which Trump tried to take credit for !!!!!

  22. #22
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    Trump is not there to win a popularity contest, he speaks the truth and if people don't like it, that's too bad. It's time for those countries (Canada included) to put into their military according to the NATO agreement. If all the other Presidents were too afraid to speak up that's their problem.

    Geesh, the world depends on the US to be there to help out at the expense of the American taxpayer, meanwhile those countries are enjoying their social benefits. It's time for others to step up too.
    Acording to the NATO agreement that 2% of GDP go to military spending (which is a guidline, not a requirement) by 2024. It's 2018 for those of us living in reality. Don should STFU until then. If you had 6 years left on your mortgage, and your bank demanded you pay today, what would you do? I'd find another bank. Trump is F&*(^ing us.

  23. #23
    tlg
    tlg is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,741
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    Trump is not there to win a popularity contest, he speaks the truth
    Except when he's lying? Is that the literal truth? Metaphorical truth? Joking truth?
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  24. #24
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Fredrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,062
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    https://www.cleanenergywire.org/fact...d-fossil-fuels

    This links gives some facts on Germany's energy imports. Although they may not get 70% from Russia, they do import about 70% from other countries. Russia, however, is their main source for imported energy fuels.

    To know exactly what Trump was saying to keep that statistic it into context, we would need more than a tweet, but the whole conversation.
    That's it.

    The other stat mentioned says Germany gets 9% of its energy from Russia, out of the 70% that comes from other countries. Trump frequently gets it slightly skewed like this, taking 70% of energy from other countries and saying its all from Russia. He probably didn't realize he got it wrong. The bottom line, his point, is still true: Russia supplies the largest chunk of energy to Germany, even if only 9% of total imports.

  25. #25
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: jimb100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    That's it.

    The other stat mentioned says Germany gets 9% of its energy from Russia, out of the 70% that comes from other countries. Trump frequently gets it slightly skewed like this, taking 70% of energy from other countries and saying its all from Russia. He probably didn't realize he got it wrong. The bottom line, his point, is still true: Russia supplies the largest chunk of energy to Germany, even if only 9% of total imports.
    When will people figure out Trump doesn't care if he's called a liar?

    His base eats it up and liberals heads explode.

    Mission Accomplished!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-14-2013, 06:57 PM
  2. Didn't this happen in Germany and Russia?
    By Live Steam in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-25-2013, 11:56 AM
  3. Disco Channel Narrator
    By paint in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 06:27 AM
  4. What does this mean? (controlled first 1/2 mile)
    By paskyhawk in forum Racing, Training, Nutrition, Triathlons
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 05:46 AM
  5. Is Bush admin. fascist? (8. Media Controlled)
    By AJS in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-21-2004, 02:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest RoadBike Articles

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

roadbikereview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.