Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 106
  1. #26
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    17,824
    Quote Originally Posted by spdntrxi View Post
    New casting couches are always in demand
    It is a popular search I am told--from a friend.Name:  couch.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  4.1 KB
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

  2. #27
    Ricardo Cabeza
    Reputation: Andy69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    17,569
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    Since Weinstein is a Democrat you won't find any conservatives here supporting his right to sexually abuse women. Now if he was a Nazi, a Trump supporter, or a conservative pedophile you'd be reading that we need to wait until the judge decides his guilt or innocence.
    Those are two mutually exclusive things. I don't think "conservatives" will support sexual abuse regardless. Many will, however, say he needs to be afforded due process, and they would be right. I don't consider calling for due process to be supporting sexual abuse, do you?

    Odds are we are going to find out he was boning underage girls. That's why he was trying to go to Europe for "treatment". He was actually trying to pull a Roman Polanski.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

    SuperAndy's Garage

  3. #28
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: love4himies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Those are two mutually exclusive things. I don't think "conservatives" will support sexual abuse regardless. Many will, however, say he needs to be afforded due process, and they would be right. I don't consider calling for due process to be supporting sexual abuse, do you?

    Odds are we are going to find out he was boning underage girls. That's why he was trying to go to Europe for "treatment". He was actually trying to pull a Roman Polanski.
    I think you'd be called an "sexual abuser apologist".

    Odds are that all of Hollywood knew what was going on and that Weinstein isn't the only one doing it.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

  4. #29
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    17,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Those are two mutually exclusive things. I don't think "conservatives" will support sexual abuse regardless.
    Well it certainly wasn't a disqualifier.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

  5. #30
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Those are two mutually exclusive things. I don't think "conservatives" will support sexual abuse regardless. Many will, however, say he needs to be afforded due process, and they would be right. I don't consider calling for due process to be supporting sexual abuse, do you?

    Odds are we are going to find out he was boning underage girls. That's why he was trying to go to Europe for "treatment". He was actually trying to pull a Roman Polanski.
    I can think of one example of conservatives supporting another conservative accused of sexually abusing women. If you like I'll provide you with a few videos where he details how he grabs their genitals, watches them while they're undressing while they work, etc.

    Odds are that all of Hollywood and the world of 1%ers knew of this person's behavior as well. I would think that "sexual abuser apologist" is an apt description for anyone who supports this kind of person.

  6. #31
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Those are two mutually exclusive things. I don't think "conservatives" will support sexual abuse regardless. Many will, however, say he needs to be afforded due process, and they would be right. I don't consider calling for due process to be supporting sexual abuse, do you?

    Odds are we are going to find out he was boning underage girls. That's why he was trying to go to Europe for "treatment". He was actually trying to pull a Roman Polanski.
    Due process? Weistein admitted he did terrible things. He has not fled to Europe, he is in Arizona.

  7. #32
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,900
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    I think you'd be called an "sexual abuser apologist".

    Odds are that all of Hollywood knew what was going on and that Weinstein isn't the only one doing it.
    He wasn't. Putin Groupie, and Trump supporter, Steven Seagal is also a freak

    ‘Take Off Your Dress’: How Men In Hollywood, From Steven Seagal to Harvey Weinstein, Treated Women for Decades

  8. #33
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: love4himies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    He wasn't. Putin Groupie, and Trump supporter, Steven Seagal is also a freak

    ‘Take Off Your Dress’: How Men In Hollywood, From Steven Seagal to Harvey Weinstein, Treated Women for Decades
    More Than 100 Women Have Accused Former USA Gymnastics Doctor Of Sexual Abuse (UPDATE)

    As of Thursday afternoon, 78 of the 81 alleged victims are suing Nassar, MSU and USA Gymnastics in six separate lawsuits spanning both federal and state courts. The lawsuits allege that Nassar sexually abused the young women during medical appointments, dating as far back as 1997.
    Guess it even is in sports.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

  9. #34
    Ricardo Cabeza
    Reputation: Andy69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    17,569
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    Well it certainly wasn't a disqualifier.
    apparently it was common knowledge in certain circles.

    If calling for due process makes a person a rape apologist, what does knowing about it and saying nothing make one?

    And I don't buy Clinton's fake shock over this whole thing.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

    SuperAndy's Garage

  10. #35
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    30,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    ...

    If calling for due process makes a person a rape apologist, what does knowing about it and saying nothing make one?

    And I don't buy Clinton's fake shock over this whole thing.

    Ironic, talking about calling for due process and then pivoting to convicting Clinton in your personal court of opinion.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

  11. #36
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    30,395
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    One woman's take:

    "Let's not think this is some unique, horrific [incident]. This goes on all the time," She said. "It's this male entitlement -- in Hollywood, and everywhere. In offices and businesses all over the world, in bars, and restaurants and stores, women are assaulted, abused, harassed and seen for just being sexual objects, there for a man's desire, instead of as whole human beings."


    Jane Fonda: I knew about Weinstein, and I'm 'ashamed' I didn't say anything - Oct. 12, 2017
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

  12. #37
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,938
    I thought, "Good Will Hunting" was excellent.
    Last edited by Eretz; 5 Days Ago at 03:05 AM.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together




  13. #38
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: love4himies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,430
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    One woman's take:

    "Let's not think this is some unique, horrific [incident]. This goes on all the time," She said. "It's this male entitlement -- in Hollywood, and everywhere. In offices and businesses all over the world, in bars, and restaurants and stores, women are assaulted, abused, harassed and seen for just being sexual objects, there for a man's desire, instead of as whole human beings."


    Jane Fonda: I knew about Weinstein, and I'm 'ashamed' I didn't say anything - Oct. 12, 2017
    If all these people knew about it and didn't scream about it, then they are complicit in allowing it to continue. I think the only reason Weinstein was fired now was because WE, the people, found out about it. The same as this gymnastic doctor and for any other powerful person who is committing sexual abuse. These stars that are all up in arms about Weinstein are a bunch of hypocrites who really didn't give 2 $hits it was happening before.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

  14. #39
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,900
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    If all these people knew about it and didn't scream about it, then they are complicit in allowing it to continue. I think the only reason Weinstein was fired now was because WE, the people, found out about it. The same as this gymnastic doctor and for any other powerful person who is committing sexual abuse. These stars that are all up in arms about Weinstein are a bunch of hypocrites who really didn't give 2 $hits it was happening before.
    True.

    Like all those people who voted for Trump, even though they knew he is admitted sexual predator.

    Enablers.

  15. #40
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,122
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    If all these people knew about it and didn't scream about it, then they are complicit in allowing it to continue. I think the only reason Weinstein was fired now was because WE, the people, found out about it. The same as this gymnastic doctor and for any other powerful person who is committing sexual abuse. These stars that are all up in arms about Weinstein are a bunch of hypocrites who really didn't give 2 $hits it was happening before.
    As mentioned by many, Weinstein's and Trump's behavior are virtually identical. They both used women for their own purposes, disregarding the women's rights. In Trump's case all we have to do is listen to the vast array of video & audio tapes where he describes how women are placed on the earth to entertain and fulfill him. Your silence on this comparison shows that you do not give 2 $hits about what is happening. In your world, he's now a conservative so you can comfortably look away. If he's guilty of nothing more than what he has admitted to, he's a sexual predator.

  16. #41
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: love4himies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,430
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    As mentioned by many, Weinstein's and Trump's behavior are virtually identical. They both used women for their own purposes, disregarding the women's rights. In Trump's case all we have to do is listen to the vast array of video & audio tapes where he describes how women are placed on the earth to entertain and fulfill him. Your silence on this comparison shows that you do not give 2 $hits about what is happening. In your world, he's now a conservative so you can comfortably look away. If he's guilty of nothing more than what he has admitted to, he's a sexual predator.
    Your post is pure & utter nonsense. Please stop these untrue accusations of me as there is no comparison to me and those who are included in Weinstein's world.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

  17. #42
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: upstateSC-rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,483
    deleted
    In reference to the Assault on Mt Mitchell...
    Quote Originally Posted by merckx56
    The easier solution is to find a biker bar in Spartanburg the night before, go in and pick a fight. The ass-whipping you'll get will be far less painful than the one Mitchell will give you the next day!

  18. #43
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    30,395
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    If all these people knew about it and didn't scream about it, then they are complicit in allowing it to continue. I think the only reason Weinstein was fired now was because WE, the people, found out about it. The same as this gymnastic doctor and for any other powerful person who is committing sexual abuse. These stars that are all up in arms about Weinstein are a bunch of hypocrites who really didn't give 2 $hits it was happening before.
    Here's the thing: There's knowing, and then there's knowing; people are hesitant to tar someone up without being certain (in a way, they're embodying Andy69's call for "due process," since all they have is hearsay). And powerful folks, one can always find someone to throw dirt on 'em, and those other types know how that can work, too--they're a crowd that's often maligned in the tabloid presses themselves. Couple that with Weinstein's very real Hollywood power, and one can see where someone might not want to rush from the rumor mill right to public outcry.

    Don't know if that makes them hypocrites (although Ben Affleck sure got some of glue Weinstein stepped into on his own self), nor can you say with any certainty what their level of ****-giving was, any more than other posters can say that about your own level.

    I know your position re Weinstein, but I do have to ask: Do you feel similarly about Trump's sexual harassment of women (cf. A List Of Women Accusing Donald Trump Of Sexual Advances And Other Behavior : NPR
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

  19. #44
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: love4himies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,430
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Here's the thing: There's knowing, and then there's knowing; people are hesitant to tar someone up without being certain (in a way, they're embodying Andy69's call for "due process," since all they have is hearsay). And powerful folks, one can always find someone to throw dirt on 'em, and those other types know how that can work, too--they're a crowd that's often maligned in the tabloid presses themselves. Couple that with Weinstein's very real Hollywood power, and one can see where someone might not want to rush from the rumor mill right to public outcry.

    Don't know if that makes them hypocrites (although Ben Affleck sure got some of glue Weinstein stepped into on his own self), nor can you say with any certainty what their level of ****-giving was, any more than other posters can say that about your own level.

    I know your position re Weinstein, but I do have to ask: Do you feel similarly about Trump's sexual harassment of women (cf. A List Of Women Accusing Donald Trump Of Sexual Advances And Other Behavior : NPR
    Yes. I feel the same about all men who are in a position of power who exploit women.

    I do believe in due process because there ARE people who do lie or there are situations that a person can misread what the other wants (I'm not going to mention any gender because I think both can be as bad) so I don't take't take every accusation at face value. However, in this situation Weinstein admitted he was in the wrong.

    I call them hypocrites because they knew full well what he was doing but still fawned all over him for years and then when the truth is made public, they call him out on his actions. Some of these people are also very powerful and could have stopped it. Kudos to Jane Fonda for admitting what she did was wrong.

    I can't imagine having Trump try to kiss me, I think I would vomit.

    BTW, thank you for being respectful and asking, rather than accusing. It's much appreciative.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

  20. #45
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    30,395
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    Yes. I feel the same about all men who are in a position of power who exploit women.

    I do believe in due process because there ARE people who do lie or there are situations that a person can misread what the other wants (I'm not going to mention any gender because I think both can be as bad) so I don't take't take every accusation at face value. However, in this situation Weinstein admitted he was in the wrong.

    I call them hypocrites because they knew full well what he was doing but still fawned all over him for years and then when the truth is made public, they call him out on his actions. Some of these people are also very powerful and could have stopped it. Kudos to Jane Fonda for admitting what she did was wrong.

    I can't imagine having Trump try to kiss me, I think I would vomit.

    BTW, thank you for being respectful and asking, rather than accusing. It's much appreciative.
    Q: How do you know what others knew "full well," and when they knew it?
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

  21. #46
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    17,824
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Q: How do you know what others knew "full well," and when they knew it?
    Answer: due process
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

  22. #47
    NSFW
    Reputation: Ullr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    Answer: due process
    Except for Hillary. She's guilty of something. Never mind those seven Republican-led investigations. She's a crook. Guilty, guilty, guilty.

  23. #48
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,938
    Never mind.
    Last edited by Eretz; 5 Days Ago at 05:26 PM.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together




  24. #49
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,938
    Who really cares.
    Last edited by Eretz; 5 Days Ago at 05:26 PM.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together




  25. #50
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,938
    Never mind
    Last edited by Eretz; 5 Days Ago at 05:25 PM.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together




Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 266
    Last Post: 08-23-2014, 11:18 AM
  2. Harvey Pekar died
    By Morris Buttermaker in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 12:16 PM
  3. Anyone Have Paul Harvey in the Dead Pool?
    By weltyed in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 11:24 AM
  4. Tribute to Harvey Korman. RIP
    By rocco in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 12:41 PM
  5. I <3 PJ Harvey
    By innergel in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 06:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •