Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1387
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ullr View Post
    Hillary was more connected to Goldman Sachs than she was the voters in the rust-belt states, and in every state. She didn't make herself electable.
    so true...

even some hard-core liberals who found Trump to be completely unqualified and a despicable human had to hold their nose while casting a ballot for HRC.

the air of entitlement she exuded (I'm a Clinton, I'm a woman, and it's MY turn!) was a gigantic turn-off.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

I make Eagles fly
    I can help you all, she was the problem. Oxtar, your last statement is also good. She was out of touch with reality.
    If you don't follow the liberal flock, you are called a troll.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrasmak View Post
    I can help you all, she was the problem. Oxtar, your last statement is also good. She was out of touch with reality.
    But you'd have voted R even if it was a choice of Trump & Obama right? So in your case, Clinton wasn't the problem, the D was the problem. And now, Trump is the problem.

off the back
    Quote Originally Posted by Ullr View Post
    Hillary was more connected to Goldman Sachs than she was the voters in the rust-belt states, and in every state. She didn't make herself electable.
    but Trump the billionaire is a real man of the people.
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.

feh
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    But you'd have voted R even if it was a choice of Trump & Obama right? So in your case, Clinton wasn't the problem, the D was the problem. And now, Trump is the problem.
    +1000

The complaints about Clinton are laughable. Irrespective of her flaws, that's no excuse for voting for a bigoted moron who was clearly unfit and unqualified for office.

#partybeforecountry
    What's the Matter with Kansas?

Sweet Potato Kugel
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post

the air of entitlement she exuded (I'm a Clinton, I'm a woman, and it's MY turn!) was a gigantic turn-off.
    This was grating on the nerves, but under the circumstances Hillary did fend off the damage her husband imposed during his term. She stuck by her guy and the party knowing her chance was coming. She was trashed in 2008 to an unknown by her party. She was stifled in 2012. She came up with a brilliant way to raise money independent of the DNC and actually was responsible for floating the debt of the bankrupt party.

In hindsight, all off us can poke at flaws. I would assume she planned years to run as president. I would also suggest that as bad as this election was, there were many people fighting for her. Lastly, when a person so powerful speaking for women, such as Oprah, turns her back supporting Hillary in 2008 ....and comes out with this message way too late ...I assume women are sometimes harder against women more than we are/can be led to believe.

Oprah: 'You don't have to like' Clinton to vote for her

10/21/16

Side Note:Trump wanted to run for office since the 80's. He was just told not to, but he wanted it as bad as Hillary but in a very different non-traditional way as an outsider.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together
    -

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox

This was probably just a campaign technique, and it did seem to work- a lot of women got behind her simply because they wanted to witness the first female president.

Quote Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    This was grating on the nerves, but under the circumstances Hillary did fend off the damage her husband imposed during his term. She stuck by her guy and the party knowing her chance was coming. She was trashed in 2008 to an unknown by her party. She was stifled in 2012. She came up with a brilliant way to raise money independent of the DNC and actually was responsible for floating the debt of the bankrupt party.

In hindsight, all off us can poke at flaws. I would assume she planned years to run as president. I would also suggest that as bad as this election was, there were many people fighting for her. Lastly, when a person so powerful speaking for women, such as Oprah, turns her back supporting Hillary in 2008 ....and comes out with this message way too late ...I assume women are sometimes harder against women more than we are/can be led to believe.

Oprah: 'You don't have to like' Clinton to vote for her

10/21/16

Side Note:Trump wanted to run for office since the 80's. He was just told not to, but he wanted it as bad as Hillary but in a very different non-traditional way as an outsider.
    Thank you!! She devoted her entire career to politics, may have had her sights on the presidency from the get-go. Shame that Bill had to end up being such a womanizer- she benefited from his ambition, but it also gave her a lot more to deal with.

She stood by him for the sake of politics, but either way she'd be criticized. I find it hard to accept, that she defended him in spite of his heinousness, though I understand it was all for Team Clinton. But a lot of people are wary of them by now.

As for Oprah, I don't think that women should support other women just because they're women. We've gotten far enough that we should be judged for actual merit, not for gender alone. But I do feel that women are judged more harshly than men in general in the public realm, so maybe it balances out.

Pretty excited that there's a woman set to replace the NY governor, BUT she also seems pretty level-headed, involved and progressive. From what little I've seen so far.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox

This was probably just a campaign technique, and it did seem to work- a lot of women got behind her simply because they wanted to witness the first female president.

Thank you!! She devoted her entire career to politics, may have had her sights on the presidency from the get-go. Shame that Bill had to end up being such a womanizer- she benefited from his ambition, but it also gave her a lot more to deal with.

She stood by him for the sake of politics, but either way she'd be criticized. I find it hard to accept, that she defended him in spite of his heinousness, though I understand it was all for Team Clinton. But a lot of people are wary of them by now.

As for Oprah, I don't think that women should support other women just because they're women. We've gotten far enough that we should be judged for actual merit, not for gender alone. But I do feel that women are judged more harshly than men in general in the public realm, so maybe it balances out.

Pretty excited that there's a woman set to replace the NY governor, BUT she also seems pretty level-headed, involved and progressive. From what little I've seen so far.
    Maggie Thatcher and Angela Merkel: level headed, involved and progressive. Trump is the perfect ditzy, distractible, over-sensitive, unpredictable female, reacting to every slight.
    Last edited by Fredrico; 04-16-2018 at 06:30 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Maggie Thatcher and Angela Merkel: level headed, involved and progressive. Trump is the perfect ditzy, distractible, unpredictable female, reacting to every slight like you hurt his feelings.
    New low or did you grab the wrong prescription?
    They those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The problem is you can't teach stupid and history is taught in a classroom.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017
    There are those on both sides that will vote for "their party" no matter what. The real battle in every election is for the folks in the middle, that's who the candidates really need to work for. Sure, they have to throw out a little red meat for their base, but mostly it's the middle that they have to convert to their side.

Pointing out the flaws of the other side doesn't mean that you would have voted for them if it weren't for those flaws. It's simply pointing out why one side won over the other.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRANA View Post
    New low or did you grab the wrong prescription?
    Yeah, I could see how my reference to an old, outdated, Hollywood sitcom, harried housewife characterization of women, you know, Edith Bunker, could be taken wrongly and edited it down, but now, too late!

My heartfelt apologies!

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    Yeah, I could see how my reference to an old, outdated, Hollywood sitcom, harried housewife characterization of women, you know, Edith Bunker, could be taken wrongly and edited it down, but now, too late!

My heartfelt apologies!
    There is no "could be" to it. That post was as misogynistic as any Donald Trump tweet and certainly ranks as a mew low, even for you.

BTW: "heartfelt apologies" are usually not accompanied by laughter...
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

welcome to the jungle
    ...the perfect ditzy, distractible, over-sensitive, unpredictable female, reacting to every slight.

Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Alright! I apologize! Just joking! You guys are so sensitive!
    Last edited by Fredrico; 04-16-2018 at 08:04 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    There is no "could be" to it. That post was as misogynistic as any Donald Trump tweet and certainly ranks as a mew low, even for you.

BTW: "heartfelt apologies" are usually not accompanied by laughter...
    That was a smile! That's new low, Brad! I'm not a cat.

I make Eagles fly
    who did I vote for in 2008 and 2012 , you seem to know everything about me.

I vote for the best person for the job. Party didn't really matter but with the way the democrats are now, doubt I would ever vote for a dem again.

Opus was just napping
    who did I vote for in 2008 and 2012 , you seem to know everything about me.

I vote for the best person for the job. Party didn't really matter but with the way the democrats are now, doubt I would ever vote for a dem again.
    Why, not enough grabbin' em by the p*ssy for you?
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

I make Eagles fly
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    Why, not enough grabbin' em by the p*ssy for you?
    That's really nothing to do with the party or politics, but not becoming a beta boy would keep me from voting dem in the future.

Opus was just napping
    That's really nothing to do with the party or politics, but not becoming a beta boy would keep me from voting dem in the future.
    So if a candidate isn't manly (Alpha) enough to go grabbin' em by the p*ssy you want nothing to do with them. Gotcha, everyone has to have standards I guess.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

xxl
    Didn't get picked up during Rush Week?

Sorry to hear that, dude. I hear the Sigmas are looking for pledges, though, if you're still interested in going Greek.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Didn't get picked up during Rush Week?

Sorry to hear that, dude. I hear the Sigmas are looking for pledges, though, if you're still interested in going Greek.
    Maybe the TriLambs are looking?

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    So if a candidate isn't manly (Alpha) enough to go grabbin' em by the p*ssy you want nothing to do with them. Gotcha, everyone has to have standards I guess.
    Wait, so "beta boy" is not a reference to frat life?

Is it anything like the Omega Man?

He was pretty badass, and a friend of the Second A as well!

More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Wait, so "beta boy" is not a reference to frat life?

Is it anything like the Omega Man?

He was pretty badass, and a friend of the Second A as well!

I found something in the urban dictionary, this is how I stay hip with all the kids.

But that's my Pie?

off the back
    "i'm now going to sell five copies of The Three EP's, by the Beta Boys."
    Last edited by rufus; 04-16-2018 at 04:25 PM.
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    "i'm now going to sell five copies of The Thee EP's, by the Beta Boys."
    "Beta Boys" is going to be the name of my Judas Priest meets N'Sync cover band.

We are going to do mash ups of songs like livin' after midnight meets bye, bye, bye.

Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5152535455 ... LastLast