Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    Why don't the politicians (both Dem and GOP) universally condemn Saudi then? In fact, why doesn't the Western World condemn Saudi. Seems to me that if the West is going to condemn North Korea, then they'd do the same to Saudi. But I guess Saudi has oil and NK has nukes, right?
    Saudi is one of the most powerful contries in the middle east. It more than just oil but the fact that they are very powerful in that part of the world.
    Way don't/didn't we condemn China for a lot of things they do and we bend over to them. It is because they are very powerful in that part of the world and have influnces over others.
    Saudi is that way in the middle east so they are needed as an allie.
    Having oil helps as well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    The curtsy, you'll see once you watch video, comes after the short king has bestowed the King Abdullah medal on DONT for his being such a help and blessing to the Saudi peoples.

#MASA?
    I would say he may have lost his balance. I don't think there is enough info in that video to make any definite conclusions.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    I would say he may have lost his balance. I don't think there is enough info in that video to make any definite conclusions.
    Perhaps if it had better editing we could find the "truth" of what really happened.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

xxl
    Srsly?

You think he lost his balance??

More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Srsly?

You think he lost his balance??

Since women curtsy and men bow, I'm going for a loss of balance or a locked knee trying to straighten up. He's not a young man anymore.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Since women curtsy and men bow, I'm going for a loss of balance or a locked knee trying to straighten up. He's not a young man anymore.
    How do you explain his flip flop and embrace of terrorist financiers?

xxl
    Or maybe he was drunk. Or had a mini-stroke. Or didn't understand exactly what the hell his gender role was. Or wanted to show the short king that he can go "both ways."

More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by timeless View Post
    Saudi is one of the most powerful contries in the middle east. It more than just oil but the fact that they are very powerful in that part of the world.
    Way don't/didn't we condemn China for a lot of things they do and we bend over to them. It is because they are very powerful in that part of the world and have influnces over others.
    Saudi is that way in the middle east so they are needed as an allie.
    Having oil helps as well.
    Saudi is powerful in the Mideast in the same ways China is in Asia?? Not even close. China, at this point, is pretty much a superpower, and has much more saying in its geopolitical role. Saudi, specifically the House of Saud, is totally dependent on the Western powers propping it up, and the reason Western powers are propping up the House of Saud is because the West wants a stable (however corrupted) government that it can manipulate.

China is a permanent seat on the UN Security Council. Saudi is not.

The West has a history of propping puppet governments, governments that is not exactly embraced by their peoples, in that part of the world. Other examples include Iran when it was under the Shah, and Egypt.

You can bet it's ALL about the oil. Yeah, it's an inconvenient truth.

RoadBikeReview Member
    You can bet it's ALL about the oil. Yeah, it's an inconvenient truth.
    Saudi Arabia provides close to 8% of the US oil the nation consumes. For comparison as Mexico supplies almost the same amount while Canada exports to the United States is double that from the Saudis.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Who cares? A curtsy, a bow, whatever. Why do you get hung up arguing about inconsequentials when the big issues go sailing by?

The US Relationship with the Saudis is complicated, but Trump's flip flop doesn't help understanding what that relationship should be.

Fecal indicator
    You can bet it's ALL about the oil.
    well, don't forget the hefty Saudi defense purchases...they're not totally chump change.
    the 45th POTUS is inept, corrupt, and a pathological liar. and those may be his better qualities...

Opus was just napping
    Or maybe he was drunk. Or had a mini-stroke. Or didn't understand exactly what the hell his gender role was. Or wanted to show the short king that he can go "both ways."

Whatever the reason just remember it wasn't Trump's fault.

In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Lol. ::Eyeroll::

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

No lie, man!
    Looks like there was one serious response before someone decided this needed to be a Trump-bashing thread instead of a serious discussion of Staquf's declarations.
    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners." - George Carlin

"... we're rewarded for our ruthlessness and reprimanded for our truthfulness..." Aaron Lee Martin

Being in the minority doesn't make you wrong, only unpopular.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by frons View Post
    Looks like there was one serious response before someone decided this needed to be a Trump-bashing thread instead of a serious discussion of Staquf's declarations.
    Not exactly.

The reality is I, and others, have pointed out over and over on this forum that Muslim extremist violence has its roots in Saudi Wahhabism. You must have ignored it. What Staquf says is nothing new.

Trump ignores these facts an embraces these nuts. Bizzare

Not Banned
    looks like these two threads are gonna merge. Looks like Flynn was working a deal for the Russians selling nuke plants to the Saudis
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    Most religions are quite malleable. They have to be as most people want to 'read into' their teachings whatever they like. Most often, if measured on a 'faith' scale, the believers wouldn't be considered very faithful. How many Jews are still looking for the Messiah? How many Catholics don't use birth control?

It's easy to point the finger at some Muslim countries for their 'exporting terrorism'. And rightfully so. But America has plenty of home grown terrorists. Lots of them in government.

The real difference is the US legitimizes its exporting of terror by selling weapons of mass destruction all over the globe to fascist dictatorships or secretly via the CIA. Where do you think a lot of those cluster bombs originate?

When we were supplying all those weapons to the Mujahidin, were we exporting terrorism?

What stops home grown terrorists? Our extensive network of secret police.

Not Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb100 View Post
    Most religions are quite malleable. They have to be as most people want to 'read into' their teachings whatever they like. Most often, if measured on a 'faith' scale, the believers wouldn't be considered very faithful. How many Jews are still looking for the Messiah? How many Catholics don't use birth control?

It's easy to point the finger at some Muslim countries for their 'exporting terrorism'. And rightfully so. But America has plenty of home grown terrorists. Lots of them in government.

The real difference is the US legitimizes its exporting of terror by selling weapons of mass destruction all over the globe to fascist dictatorships or secretly via the CIA. Where do you think a lot of those cluster bombs originate?

When we were supplying all those weapons to the Mujahidin, were we exporting terrorism?

What stops home grown terrorists? Our extensive network of secret police.
    Religions, in order to survive, must have some plasticity
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    saudi would not exist today without US defending them despite saudi being more than implicated behind 911 and the funding of anti american sentiment in ME.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    well, don't forget the hefty Saudi defense purchases...they're not totally chump change.
    yeah that too. In addition, the House of Saud is now a big global investors in West too. Look at all those princes going around the West and dumping their billions of $$$ into the financial markets. What's good for the goose, it's good for the gander. Maybe it's not completely all about the oil after all!

The West has invested too much time and money in forming the state of Saudi Arabia and propping it up over the decades, under a corrupted House of Saud.

But what is the alternative? The West doesn't want any change in regime there, too risky. Hell, the West, for all its glorious embrace of so-called democracy, didn't even embrace the "Arab Uprising" that happened in Egypt and Saudi either. Yeah, West rather deal with a dictatorial and corrupt regime then dealing with an unknown regime. We're stuck with Saudi Arabia as it is for the next few decades. Might as well embrace terrorism as the cost of doing business there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12