Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Kim - Trump Summit

1. What are your expectations for the summit?

2. What is necessary for you to consider the summit a success?

**** based on the today's assumption the summit will take place as currently scheduled for June 12th and the President will continue lowering expectation bar
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    1. What are your expectations for the summit?

2. What is necessary for you to consider the summit a success?

**** based on the today's assumption the summit will take place as currently scheduled for June 12th and the President will continue lowering expectation bar
    Zero expectations. Kim already got what he wanted, equal status with a US President and better relations with S Korea. Trump will never get what he wants, N Korea to give up their nukes.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Anything less than Nuclear War is a win.
    *fingers crossed*

Ugh.... I take that back.
    President Trump on his preparation for upcoming summit with Kim Jong Un: "I think I'm very well prepared. I dont think I have to prepare very much. Its about attitude.

Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    if it actually occurs, regardless of the outcome, KJU will leave the summit being seen by the rest of the world as the more impressive national leader.

Trump, with his utter lack of statesmanship, isn't up to the task of reaching any meaningful negotiations.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    *fingers crossed*

President Trump on his preparation for upcoming summit with Kim Jong Un: "I think I'm very well prepared. I dont think I have to prepare very much. Its about attitude.

So if Trump pulls US troops out of S Korea and Kim keeps his nukes, this to you is a win?

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Considering how much of a diplomatic neophyte Trump is, and how much brain-drain has hit the State department...simply ending with things exactly as the began without WWIII breaking out is a win. The bar is that low.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    *fingers crossed*

I've had some entering a job interview with that attitude. Wonder what they have been up to since.
    Blows your hair back.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb100 View Post
    So if Trump pulls US troops out of S Korea and Kim keeps his nukes, this to you is a win?
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Quote Originally Posted by den bakker View Post
    I've had some entering a job interview with that attitude. Wonder what they have been up to since.
    That being said, I have gotten some jobs with that attitude!

feh
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    I still can't believe we have such a f*cking tool as POTUS.

What's the Matter with Kansas?

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by feh View Post
    I still can't believe we have such a f*cking tool as POTUS.

The part you really won't believe....in 40 years Republicans will herald Saint Trump as a visionary greater than Reagan.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    it's not just Trump that's a tool...it's his entire admin.

Pence, Perry, Pompeo, Pruitt, etc etc etc are all mental midgets...not to mention Bolton, DeVos, Sanders, and a host of others.

lotta P-names there...what's with that?
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

Master debator.
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

RoadBikeReview Member
    ^^^^

I voted no before I voted yes."
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    it's not just Trump that's a tool...it's his entire admin.

Pence, Perry, Pompeo, Pruitt, etc etc etc are all mental midgets...not to mention Bolton, DeVos, Sanders, and a host of others.

lotta P-names there...what's with that?
    The administration is loaded with pricks?
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb100 View Post
    Zero expectations. Kim already got what he wanted, equal status with a US President and better relations with S Korea. Trump will never get what he wants, N Korea to give up their nukes.
    Yep. Kim wins this round, no matter what. All he really wanted was an audience with the West.
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

I make Eagles fly
    Obviously Trump accomplishing more than the past presidents has people scared. Its like they dont know how to react to good things and would rather go back to figuring out what bathroom people are supposed to use.

How many work leaders has the Jonger met with the past 10 years? If it goes down, Trump has gotten him talking to ROK and now us. But hey, he is the moron here and somehow because President while all these people who are triggered daily and think they know everything have done what?
    If you don't follow the liberal flock, you are called a troll.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    The part you really won't believe....in 40 years Republicans will herald Saint Trump as a visionary greater than Reagan.
    unlikely, most Trump fans will be dead.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOky View Post
    Samantha Bee, here are the real feckless ones. They put the count in country music.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    unlikely, most Trump fans will be dead.
    kiwi, we better hope, our we are so more deeply in trouble that it isn't funny. I talk to a lot of relatively young U.S. people (located overseas, both military and civilian, working for the U.S. Gov't) and I am continually taken aback by how many voted for POTUS. The dislike for the Dem/Liberal became so deep recently for them (during the Obama years) that it is bothersome listening to them. What I mean is these people had previously only voted Democrat/Liberals. But, that said, surely (shirley) after witnessing these past 16 months, these people can't/won't vote for POTUS again----I was too scared to ask for fear they'd say "yes", lol. And I am a conservative, hoping like he!! the moderates regain control of the party in 2019-2020 and stop this current WH stupidity we are seeing weekly.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrasmak View Post
    Obviously Trump accomplishing more than the past presidents has people scared. Its like they dont know how to react to good things and would rather go back to figuring out what bathroom people are supposed to use.

How many work leaders has the Jonger met with the past 10 years? If it goes down, Trump has gotten him talking to ROK and now us. But hey, he is the moron here and somehow because President while all these people who are triggered daily and think they know everything have done what?
    Terra,

I love you on RBR because you make yourself (like old_fuji and a select few others) look at both sides, and not just bash everything you see. But I think on this N. Korea - U.S. thing, if you're not studying why all this is going on, during the context, a person could be missing the forest for the trees. This is sooo much less about N. Korea itself than about what China wants, and what China is telling N. Korea as they talk (which is a lot over the past several months). Don't fall into the trap that the U.S. can actually influence any longer what is going on in Asia. We don't. The quicker we accept this, the more readily we can begin to figure out how we fit in the coming century. What we're seeing now with N. Korea, Kim, etc is going to be re-played out with a host of other countries in across Asean and otherwise. That fact that Kim has possible nuclear, etc, etc is just a sideshow. China is flexing its muscles, plain and simple, and we better hold on, or we may find ourselves looking from the outside in. The danger is this administration and any to follow conduct actions that do the opposite.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelgianHammer View Post
    kiwi, we better hope, our we are so more deeply in trouble that it isn't funny. I talk to a lot of relatively young U.S. people (located overseas, both military and civilian, working for the U.S. Gov't) and I am continually taken aback by how many voted for POTUS. The dislike for the Dem/Liberal became so deep recently for them (during the Obama years) that it is bothersome listening to them.
    Recruitment wise a large number of the military are from the south right?
    I was on an airbase in 2012 when Obama won re-election and as I and a Captain I was selling a car to were waiting at the back of a lounge for some paper work to be done a bunch of youngish airmen were getting very animated towards their "black" CIC as the TV called the election in his favor. I was rather taken aback that such an attitude would be voiced by young 20 somethings but I guess maybe the seed does indeed fall close to the tree. The captain apologised to me and he was genuinely embarrassed He said he'd be speaking to them the following Monday. I opined that if they don't like their boss they could always go get another job. The US military has arguably been one of the most liberal institutions historically in the US, and rightly so. If you are prepared to die for your country's principles you should live by them first. It is also a great example of single payer health care. oh the irony. cheers

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelgianHammer View Post
    Terra,

I love you on RBR because you make yourself (like old_fuji and a select few others) look at both sides, and not just bash everything you see. But I think on this N. Korea - U.S. thing, if you're not studying why all this is going on, during the context, a person could be missing the forest for the trees. This is sooo much less about N. Korea itself than about what China wants, and what China is telling N. Korea as they talk (which is a lot over the past several months). Don't fall into the trap that the U.S. can actually influence any longer what is going on in Asia. We don't. The quicker we accept this, the more readily we can begin to figure out how we fit in the coming century. What we're seeing now with N. Korea, Kim, etc is going to be re-played out with a host of other countries in across Asean and otherwise. That fact that Kim has possible nuclear, etc, etc is just a sideshow. China is flexing its muscles, plain and simple, and we better hold on, or we may find ourselves looking from the outside in. The danger is this administration and any to follow conduct actions that do the opposite.
    Good post. TPP was an attempt to push back against China's growing influence but we saw what happened to that.

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That being said, I have gotten some jobs with that attitude!
    Working the fry station at Burger King is all about attitude.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast