Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: Maga, reboot

  1. #1
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    29,486

    Maga, reboot

    Hot off the thumbs of DonT:

    "This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!"

    Hmm. I guess when he said he'd make America great again, I thought he meant something else entirely.

    Still, it's great.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

  2. #2
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    23,325
    Does this count as "winning" of the sort "we'll soon be tired of"?
    "‘Photograph me on horseback,’ wrote Teddy Roosevelt in 1908. ‘Tennis, no. And golf is fatal.’ "

  3. #3
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    17,421



    Disagree.

    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

  4. #4
    What the what???
    Reputation: Opus51569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,664

    Maga, reboot

    So, now he's angling toward martyrdom? Poor baby. Sad.

    Well, it should play well with the Christian right, who have been willing to overlook his personal... everything... in exchange for their 30 pieces of silver (i.e. EO's and support for their legislative agenda).

    For his other supporters, I expect more will jump ship as they realize that "he alone" can't really do much of anything.

    For the staunchest supporters, they'll commiserate over the notion that Washington is well and truly broken and simply can't be fixed... even by a moronic megalomaniac.
    Last edited by Opus51569; 5 Days Ago at 04:22 AM.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - MLK

  5. #5
    Nut Job
    Reputation: TerminatorX91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    21,076
    Live at the Witch Trials!

    "It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray



  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,332
    witch hunt? he's the one going after the non rich and non native ethnically white people within our borders. more like the hunter has become the hunted.

  7. #7
    Ricardo Cabeza
    Reputation: Andy69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    17,068
    A major new study out of Harvard University has revealed the true extent of the mainstream media’s bias against Donald Trump.

    Academics at the Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy analyzed coverage from Trump’s first 100 days in office across 10 major TV and print outlets.

    They found that the tone of some outlets was negative in as many as 98% of reports, significantly more hostile than the first 100 days of the three previous administrations


    https://heatst.com/culture-wars/harv...mp-media-bias/
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

    SuperAndy's Garage

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    A major new study out of Harvard University has revealed the true extent of the mainstream media’s bias against Donald Trump.
    Many, many studies have come out detailing the huge % of the time that Trump is straight out lying. It ranges from 76% of the time to 92% (when you include broken promises).

    "Donald Trump has amassed such a collection of Four-Pinocchio ratings — 59 in all — that by himself he’s earned as many in this campaign as all other Republicans (or Democrats) combined in the past three years"

    That might account for the negative reports. Sometimes it's hard earned negativity.

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Snakebit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    66,360
    Quote Originally Posted by etane View Post
    witch hunt? he's the one going after the non rich and non native ethnically white people within our borders. more like the hunter has become the hunted.
    What is ethnically white?

  10. #10
    tlg
    tlg is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    9,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    A major new study out of Harvard University has revealed the true extent of the mainstream media’s bias against Donald Trump.

    Academics at the Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy analyzed coverage from Trump’s first 100 days in office across 10 major TV and print outlets.

    They found that the tone of some outlets was negative in as many as 98% of reports, significantly more hostile than the first 100 days of the three previous administrations


    https://heatst.com/culture-wars/harv...mp-media-bias/
    That's funny. We have a hate mongering compulsive liar media w#0re and then surprised at high numbers of negative media.
    That's not bias. It's self inflicted. How do you positively cover a $#it sandwich?
    You create Alt-News and tell everyone it's a BLT.

    Tone is judged from the perspective of the actor. Negative stories include stories where the actor is criticized directly. An example is a headline story where Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer criticized Trump when the Labor Department’s April economic report showed that fewer jobs were created than had been predicted. Schumer was quoted as saying, in part: “Eleven weeks into his administration, we have seen nothing from President Trump on infrastructure, on trade, or on any other serious job-creating initiative.”
    Fact: The economic report showed fewer jobs than expected.
    Fact: We have seen nothing from Trump on infrastructure, on trade, or on any other serious job-creating initiative.

    Sometimes facts are negative. Most of the time for Trump. That's why they invented Alt-News.

    Negative stories also consist of stories where an event, trend, or development reflects unfavorably on the actor. Examples are the stories that appeared under the headlines “President Trump’s approval rating hits a new low”[9] and “GOP withdraws embattled health care bill, handing major setback to Trump, Ryan.”
    Again... Facts.
    Last edited by tlg; 4 Days Ago at 09:06 AM.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    743
    Negative tone is not the same as bias. No one else has done as many stupid things as Trmp in the first 100 days. If the media was not negative in their reporting of the Trump administration,then there would be bias

  12. #12
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    29,486
    From the Shorenstein Center, without the media filter:


    • President Trump dominated media coverage in the outlets and programs analyzed, with Trump being the topic of 41 percent of all news stories—three times the amount of coverage received by previous presidents. He was also the featured speaker in nearly two-thirds of his coverage.
    • Republican voices accounted for 80 percent of what newsmakers said about the Trump presidency, compared to only 6 percent for Democrats and 3 percent for those involved in anti-Trump protests.
    • European reporters were more likely than American journalists to directly question Trump’s fitness for office.
    • Trump has received unsparing coverage for most weeks of his presidency, without a single major topic where Trump’s coverage, on balance, was more positive than negative, setting a new standard for unfavorable press coverage of a president.
    • Fox was the only news outlet in the study that came close to giving Trump positive coverage overall, however, there was variation in the tone of Fox’s coverage depending on the topic.


    https://shorensteincenter.org/news-c...irst-100-days/

    Further:

    "Have the mainstream media covered Trump in a fair and balanced way? That question cannot be answered definitively in the absence of an agreed-upon version of “reality” against which to compare Trump’s coverage. Any such assessment would also have to weigh the news media’s preference for the negative, a tendency in place long before Trump became president. Given that tendency, the fact that Trump has received more negative coverage than his predecessor is hardly surprising. The early days of his presidency have been marked by far more missteps and miss-hits, often self-inflicted, than any presidency in memory, perhaps ever."


    Perhaps if DonT wasn't such a sucky President, the media would report that.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

  13. #13
    tlg
    tlg is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    9,622
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    From the Shorenstein Center, without the media filter:


    • Fox was the only news outlet in the study that came close to giving Trump positive coverage overall, however, there was variation in the tone of Fox’s coverage depending on the topic.
    Because they choose not to cover A LOT of what's going on with Trump. That is media bias. Sometimes when a news Trump bombshell drops I'll switch on Fox to see their spin. And they're not even covering it! It's not a matter of positive spin, they just totally ignore it. Great journalism!

    On Tuesday the big news was Trump sharing intelligence with Russian officials. Big issue. Bipartisan issue as even those in the GOP were concerned. Fox would've cover it. Instead they covered the DNC Murder Conspiracy Theory.
    No news is good news for Trumpites!

    And that's why Fox's ratings are tanking. People know stuff is going on. They see it on social media. Then turn to Fox to get info and they're not even talking about it. So they switch to another network because they're all reporting what's going on.

    Fox News losing out in primetime ratings race amid Trump turmoil - May. 17, 2017
    "FNC has been in 3rd place because: 1. Conservative intensity has plummeted. 2. They're not covering THE story."

    Perhaps if DonT wasn't such a sucky President, the media would report that.
    You'd think with all the winning he promised, Fox wouldn't be able to keep up with the positive stories.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  14. #14
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    29,486
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    Because they choose not to cover A LOT of what's going on with Trump. That is media bias. Sometimes when a news Trump bombshell drops I'll switch on Fox to see their spin. And they're not even covering it! It's not a matter of positive spin, they just totally ignore it. Great journalism!

    On Tuesday the big news was Trump sharing intelligence with Russian officials. Big issue. Bipartisan issue as even those in the GOP were concerned. Fox would've cover it. Instead they covered the DNC Murder Conspiracy Theory.
    No news is good news for Trumpites!

    And that's why Fox's ratings are tanking. People know stuff is going on. They see it on social media. Then turn to Fox to get info and they're not even talking about it. So they switch to another network because they're all reporting what's going on.

    Fox News losing out in primetime ratings race amid Trump turmoil - May. 17, 2017
    "FNC has been in 3rd place because: 1. Conservative intensity has plummeted. 2. They're not covering THE story."

    You'd think with all the winning he promised, Fox wouldn't be able to keep up with the positive stories.

    That has been my experience as well, that Fox buries stories about DonT's actions. And I do think their coverage is affecting their ratings.

    Of course, stories of DonT's positive accomplishments, if there were any, would make all that go away.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

  15. #15
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Snakebit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    66,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie View Post
    Negative tone is not the same as bias. No one else has done as many stupid things as Trmp in the first 100 days. If the media was not negative in their reporting of the Trump administration,then there would be bias
    Negative tone discloses bias. We don't just hear the news, the way it's presented leads us to what we think about it.

  16. #16
    Fecal indicator
    Reputation: Oxtox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,063
    it's actually surprising that news reporters can describe the fumbling, clumsy actions of the numerous stooges in the Trump admin without openly snorting or snickering...
    the 45th POTUS is inept, corrupt, and a pathological liar. and those may be his better qualities...

  17. #17
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: love4himies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    Negative tone discloses bias. We don't just hear the news, the way it's presented leads us to what we think about it.
    And it's making the US media look like buffoons, or as I described it previously: A Maury Povich show.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

  18. #18
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    29,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    Negative tone discloses bias. We don't just hear the news, the way it's presented leads us to what we think about it.
    Negative tone disclose negative actions; hard to spin negative actions in a positive direction, even for Fox.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

  19. #19
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Snakebit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    66,360
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Negative tone disclose negative actions; hard to spin negative actions in a positive direction, even for Fox.
    Not necessarily. Some guy has sex with your daughter and you say"That little son of a -----!" You confront that boy and his father and his dad is thinking "That little son of a _____!"

    Tone is all the difference here

  20. #20
    NSFW
    Reputation: Ullr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    946
    Is it possible to report on corruption, incompetence, and general buffoonery without it being seen as negative reporting?

    Trump has taken issue with negative coverage, in much the same way he doesn't like the leaks coming out of his office. Maybe it's not the reporting that is the problem. Trump wants everything gold-plated so he can say how wonderful and excellent everything is. Maybe the problem is what lies underneath the gold-plating that Trump wants everything covered with.

    And this just came in from CNN: The president has dipped his turds in gold and held a press conference announcing that he has the best turds. But when questioned whether the golden turds were still in fact, turds, the president got angry and blamed the media for bias. Trump's core supporters were also quick to point out the media was reporting only on the turd, and failing to acknowledge just how shiny and pretty the president's turd was.

  21. #21
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Snakebit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    66,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Ullr View Post
    Is it possible to report on corruption, incompetence, and general buffoonery without it being seen as negative reporting?

    Trump has taken issue with negative coverage, in much the same way he doesn't like the leaks coming out of his office. Maybe it's not the reporting that is the problem. Trump wants everything gold-plated so he can say how wonderful and excellent everything is. Maybe the problem is what lies underneath the gold-plating that Trump wants everything covered with.

    And this just came in from CNN: The president has dipped his turds in gold and held a press conference announcing that he has the best turds. But when questioned whether the golden turds were still in fact, turds, the president got angry and blamed the media for bias. Trump's core supporters were also quick to point out the media was reporting only on the turd, and failing to acknowledge just how shiny and pretty the president's turd was.
    It is possible to report the same news event in multiple ways. All tell the same story but the audience may differ widely in their perception of the event.

  22. #22
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: jimb100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Ullr View Post
    Is it possible to report on corruption, incompetence, and general buffoonery without it being seen as negative reporting?

    Trump has taken issue with negative coverage, in much the same way he doesn't like the leaks coming out of his office. Maybe it's not the reporting that is the problem. Trump wants everything gold-plated so he can say how wonderful and excellent everything is. Maybe the problem is what lies underneath the gold-plating that Trump wants everything covered with.

    And this just came in from CNN: The president has dipped his turds in gold and held a press conference announcing that he has the best turds. But when questioned whether the golden turds were still in fact, turds, the president got angry and blamed the media for bias. Trump's core supporters were also quick to point out the media was reporting only on the turd, and failing to acknowledge just how shiny and pretty the president's turd was.
    What a hoot!

    Usually, all the media needs do is run a clip of Trump speaking, or Spicer or Kelly Ann "interpreting" what he says.

    Then the next morning, Trump will send a tweet making liars out of them. If there's bias, its showing the words coming out of their mouths and calling it 'news'.

    If the cat barfs a hairball for the 34th time, is it news?

    The media isn't putting 'negative' spin on Trump reporting, they're simply showing Trump making a jackass of himself.

  23. #23
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    17,421
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Negative tone disclose negative actions; hard to spin negative actions in a positive direction, even for Fox.
    You know so many times I have seen footage of horrific plane crashes and thought, "well that sure was a negative slant they put on that."
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

  24. #24
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    29,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    Not necessarily. Some guy has sex with your daughter and you say"That little son of a -----!" You confront that boy and his father and his dad is thinking "That little son of a _____!"

    Tone is all the difference here
    No, it's still hard to spin a negative into a positive, your hypothetical aside.

    Edit: TMB's post nailed it.

    DonT draws the coverage he deserves; he's reaping what he sowed.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

  25. #25
    tlg
    tlg is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    9,622
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    You know so many times I have seen footage of horrific plane crashes and thought, "well that sure was a negative slant they put on that."
    What a beautiful train wreck. It was huuuge. Very very great train wreck. We have the best train wrecks. Believe me. Many many people died. And they're the best people. Some of them not so great. But many many great people died.

    #PositiveNews
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump Reboot Goes Off The Tracks Yet Again
    By troutmd in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 464
    Last Post: 09-17-2016, 06:29 PM
  2. Today's Trump Reboot Tutorial
    By troutmd in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-08-2016, 11:26 AM
  3. Reboot Juice Diet/Fast
    By I3erto in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 12:58 AM
  4. Reboot Stoke
    By AndrwSwitch in forum Cyclocross
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 06:14 AM
  5. anybody taken Krav Maga classes?
    By haiku d'etat in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 10:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •