Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    No lie, man!
    Reputation: frons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    735
    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners." - George Carlin

    "... we're rewarded for our ruthlessness and reprimanded for our truthfulness..." Aaron Lee Martin

    Being in the minority doesn't make you wrong, only unpopular.

  2. #2
    Not Banned
    Reputation: atpjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    48,517
    WTF is wrong with people?
    First you're a sick SOB and then somehow you think you are gonna skate that and have a political carrer

    f'ing sociopath.
    Why we need a dirt lot next to the courthouse. Once found guilty he should just be dragged out and have one placed behind his ear
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

    still not figgering on biggering

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: kiwisimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,500
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    WTF is wrong with people?
    First you're a sick SOB and then somehow you think you are gonna skate that and have a political carrer

    f'ing sociopath.
    Why we need a dirt lot next to the courthouse. Once found guilty he should just be dragged out and have one placed behind his ear
    Didn't stop Trump getting elected. I guess abuse of women isn't as bad as abuse of kids.

  4. #4
    No lie, man!
    Reputation: frons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    Didn't stop Trump getting elected. I guess abuse of women isn't as bad as abuse of kids.
    Yup, one serious response, and then it gets turned into a Trump-bashing thread.

    #Bothsides
    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners." - George Carlin

    "... we're rewarded for our ruthlessness and reprimanded for our truthfulness..." Aaron Lee Martin

    Being in the minority doesn't make you wrong, only unpopular.

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: jimb100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,191
    Quote Originally Posted by frons View Post
    Yup, one serious response, and then it gets turned into a Trump-bashing thread.

    #Bothsides
    Yeah, Trump doesn't deserve that sort of treatment, or does he?

    What's the average number of posts in a thread before a Trump supporter jumps in to complain about Trump bashing.

    They never explain why he doesn't deserve it, only that, for some reason, Trump bashing is wrong. Not like Hillary bashing or Obama bashing, that is well deserved wherever it occurs.

  6. #6
    Cycling Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,283
    Y'all will never see me defending Trump, but on a general basis I do consider child molesting worse than molesting adults (of either sex) because children have no idea what it is all about. Molesting anyone is a grievous offense and is not to be tolerated, but child molesting is the absolute worst. I do think that all claims of such should be carefully investigated, lest we railroad someone like what happened in Wenatchee a couple of decades ago. Note, I am not defending Murray here - my guess is his next position will be mayor of McNeil Island...
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

  7. #7
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    30,538
    Quote Originally Posted by frons View Post
    Yup, one serious response, and then it gets turned into a Trump-bashing thread.

    #Bothsides

    "One serious response, and then the Trump-bashing commences" is a pet peeve?

    Cf. It's the Saudis' fault... - Page 2
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,568
    Quote Originally Posted by frons View Post
    Yup, one serious response, and then it gets turned into ...
    Posting topics for serious discussion here is more an art form then a science. However provocative topics such the immoral conduct of an elected official to tar baby an entire political party seems to be taken more seriously then things like tax reform, or domestic terrorism use of guns to murder your neighbors while Congress does nothing.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: kiwisimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,500
    Quote Originally Posted by frons View Post
    Yup, one serious response, and then it gets turned into a Trump-bashing thread.

    #Bothsides
    So, what is the difference between this douche getting axed for sexual abuse of a minor and Trumps sexual abuse of women? No bashing just an honest question. Is it only that the victims are younger? Is it the homosexuality of the abuse? Clinton got impeachment hearings, how do you roll your eyes and say both sides? Not the same thing.

    And BTW, you offer not a single opinion. I can get headlines very well on my own thanks. Either pipe up or sit down, this paste and run tactic reminds me of a bloke called Livestorm. Use some energy and offer a point please.
    Last edited by kiwisimon; 09-14-2017 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Sick of paste and run trolls.

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: love4himies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,464
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    WTF is wrong with people?
    First you're a sick SOB and then somehow you think you are gonna skate that and have a political carrer

    f'ing sociopath.
    Why we need a dirt lot next to the courthouse. Once found guilty he should just be dragged out and have one placed behind his ear
    I've always thought sexual predators should have a tattoo on their forehead to let the world know what kind of sickos they are.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: love4himies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,464
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    Y'all will never see me defending Trump, but on a general basis I do consider child molesting worse than molesting adults (of either sex) because children have no idea what it is all about. Molesting anyone is a grievous offense and is not to be tolerated, but child molesting is the absolute worst. I do think that all claims of such should be carefully investigated, lest we railroad someone like what happened in Wenatchee a couple of decades ago. Note, I am not defending Murray here - my guess is his next position will be mayor of McNeil Island...
    Agree. They are so innocent and defenseless that their crimes should be met with the strictest of punishments.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

  12. #12
    Not Banned
    Reputation: atpjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    48,517
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    Agree. They are so innocent and defenseless that their crimes should be met with the strictest of punishments.
    like being dragged out to a dirt lot next to the court house and having the bailiff place a bullet behind their ear.
    swift
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

    still not figgering on biggering

  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Christine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15,057
    WTF is wrong with people? First you're a sick SOB and then somehow you think you are gonna skate that and have a political carreer

    Wrong? It clearly works.

    Just like the priests who do whatever they want until they're finally caught and punished at the age of 97. It's not even punishment at that point- they got to live out their lives as they saw fit, without consequences.

    Same with the Fox management and staff- but that's already covered in another thread.

    Basically, if you're a man with more than the usual perversions, you're free to molest and rape. It's okay, there's a golden parachute written into your contract so you'll still walk away with obscene amounts of money!

  14. #14
    Not Banned
    Reputation: atpjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    48,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    WTF is wrong with people? First you're a sick SOB and then somehow you think you are gonna skate that and have a political carreer

    Wrong? It clearly works.

    Just like the priests who do whatever they want until they're finally caught and punished at the age of 97. It's not even punishment at that point- they got to live out their lives as they saw fit, without consequences.

    Same with the Fox management and staff- but that's already covered in another thread.

    Basically, if you're a man with more than the usual perversions, you're free to molest and rape. It's okay, there's a golden parachute written into your contract so you'll still walk away with obscene amounts of money!
    you're making it sound like there's white male privilege......
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

    still not figgering on biggering

  15. #15
    Cycling Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    like being dragged out to a dirt lot next to the court house and having the bailiff place a bullet behind their ear.
    swift
    I have an issue with this. Look up the Wenatchee trials from a couple of decades ago - several people were falsely accused and convicted of child molestation. Years later the children (who had been coached in their testimony) recanted the accusations. If someone has received a "bullet behind the ear" in such a case, is that true justice?
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

  16. #16
    Cycling Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,283
    I find this infographic illuminating:

    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

  17. #17
    dcb
    dcb is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Posting topics for serious discussion here is more an art form then a science. However provocative topics such the immoral conduct of an elected official to tar baby an entire political party seems to be taken more seriously then things like tax reform, or domestic terrorism use of guns to murder your neighbors while Congress does nothing.
    I went back and reread the OP and the links provided but I couldn't find an attempt to tb an entire political party. Can you help me out?
    Last edited by dcb; 09-14-2017 at 10:03 AM.

  18. #18
    dcb
    dcb is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    So, what is the difference between this douche getting axed for sexual abuse of a minor and Trumps sexual abuse of women? No bashing just an honest question. Is it only that the victims are younger? Is it the homosexuality of the abuse? Clinton got impeachment hearings, how do you roll your eyes and say both sides? Not the same thing.

    And BTW, you offer not a single opinion. I can get headlines very well on my own thanks. Either pipe up or sit down, this paste and run tactic reminds me of a bloke called Livestorm. Use some energy and offer a point please.
    Yes, sexual abuse of a minor is worse and it is usually punished more severely. I'd think the reasons for that are obvious but If you can't understand why then I can't help you.

    In regard to the Clinton impeachment, what's the tie-in here?

    In any event there's a long list of political figures and strong supporters of them that seem to have a lot in common with the former Mayor of Seattle:

    Anthony Weiner: Anthony Weiner Pleads Guilty To Charge Over Sexting With A Minor : The Two-Way : NPR

    Jacob Schwartz: City Employee, Democratic Activist Accused Of Child Pornography « CBS New York

    Jeffrey Epstein: The one weird court case linking Trump, Clinton, and a billionaire pedophile - POLITICO

    There's also a long list of politicians who don't seem to care if donations come from child sex traffickers who are complicit in the rapes of thousands of children:

    https://www.theringer.com/2016/12/2/...t-c4577180c95e

    PAGE BY PAGE REPORT DISPLAY FOR 201610279036919739 (Page 367 of 918)

    AZ GOP: O'Halleran accepted money from ex-owners of alleged child sex trafficking website | Area News | pinalcentral.com

    PAGE BY PAGE REPORT DISPLAY FOR 201608199022641784 (Page 68 of 283)

    PAGE BY PAGE REPORT DISPLAY FOR 201603169009768210 (Page 19 of 369)

    PAGE BY PAGE REPORT DISPLAY FOR 15970328744 (Page 25 of 292)

    PAGE BY PAGE REPORT DISPLAY FOR 201607190200247022 (Page 250 of 290)

    PAGE BY PAGE REPORT DISPLAY FOR 14962171964 (Page 56 of 235)

  19. #19
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,568
    moved
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

  20. #20
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,568
    Quote Originally Posted by dcb View Post
    I went back and reread the OP and the links provided but I couldn't find an attempt to tar baby an entire political party. Can you help me out?
    Sure. Wiki the Mayor to learn his party. Then read all of the OP's post here to learn their political perspective.

    Or alternatively read such OP's as:

    *** The Real Reason [insert political label] Don't Engage

    *** Why [insert political label] Don't Engage

    *** Its the [insert political label] fault.....

    *** It's the [insert political label] fault...

    If you need further explanations try here:

    Murray finally resigns
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

  21. #21
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: jimb100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,191
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    Agree. They are so innocent and defenseless that their crimes should be met with the strictest of punishments.
    An 18 year old has sex with his 17 year old girl friend, or vice versa. Her father finds out and has him arrested.

    He is convicted and tagged a 'sexual predator' for the rest of his life.

    Do you think this is fair?

  22. #22
    dcb
    dcb is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Sure. Wiki the Mayor to learn his party. Then read all of the OP's post here to learn their political perspective.

    Or alternatively read such OP's as:

    *** The Real Reason [insert political label] Don't Engage

    *** Why [insert political label] Don't Engage

    *** Its the [insert political label] fault.....

    *** It's the [insert political label] fault...

    If you need further explanations try here:

    Murray finally resigns
    Ugh. Looks like a homework assignment. I was hoping you could sum it up in a sentence or two. I think I'll just attempt to interpret posts at face value.

  23. #23
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,568
    Quote Originally Posted by dcb View Post
    Ugh. Looks like a homework assignment. I was hoping you could sum it up in a sentence or two. I think I'll just attempt to interpret posts at face value.
    Me too ---- its easy to spot the tar baby treads.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

  24. #24
    What the what???
    Reputation: Opus51569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,445
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    I've always thought sexual predators should have a tattoo on their forehead to let the world know what kind of sickos they are.
    Awww, man! Then I'd have to molest kids with a hat on...
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - MLK

  25. #25
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: kiwisimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,500
    Quote Originally Posted by dcb View Post
    Yes, sexual abuse of a minor is worse and it is usually punished more severely. I'd think the reasons for that are obvious but If you can't understand why then I can't help you.

    In regard to the Clinton impeachment, what's the tie-in here?

    In any event there's a long list of political figures and strong supporters of them that seem to have a lot in common with the former Mayor of Seattle:
    Are you a Sockpuppet or is the OP? I thought I was addressing my response to the OP but you've pasted very well, related at all? Congratulations. So if a politician grabs a 17yr olds junk they deserve to be castrated, if she's 18 in most states you can be president? Where do Trump supporters draw the line? Is it party first in all cases?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Murray Spectra
    By jdollente in forum Retro-Classic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 04:04 AM
  2. Vote Murray Hill For Congress
    By troutmd in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 04:18 PM
  3. Chris Carmichaels' Murray 7/Eleven
    By Rollo Tommassi in forum Retro-Classic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 11:43 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 03:24 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 07:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •