RoadBikeReview Member

Muslim Terror?: investigation in progress

Investigation of Santa Monica shooting still in progress, but preliminary results could mean a Muslim tie-in:
    Police sources, who requested anonymity because of the ongoing investigation, said the men were Samir Zawahri, 55, the owner of the house, and one of his adult sons. A second son is suspected of being the shooter, the sources said.

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
    Investigation of Santa Monica shooting still in progress, but preliminary results could mean a Muslim tie-in:
    Yeah, because all Muslim terrorists start by offing their families and then setting fire to the house before going on a random shooting spree. That would not in any way interfere with them getting to their "terrorist target" at all, no way!

Are they Muslims? I don't see any reference to their religion in this story Five dead in Santa Monica shooting rampage - latimes.com Perhaps you have a source for that? Or are you just profiling based on names... while ignoring all details of the actual events?
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Yeah, because all Muslim terrorists start by offing their families and then setting fire to the house before going on a random shooting spree. That would not in any way interfere with them getting to their "terrorist target" at all, no way!

Are they Muslims? I don't see any reference to their religion in this story Five dead in Santa Monica shooting rampage - latimes.com Perhaps you have a source for that? Or are you just profiling based on names... while ignoring all details of the actual events?
    I don't think we have all the details at this point. A bit early to jump either way on this one.

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    I don't think we have all the details at this point. A bit early to jump either way on this one.
    For all too many, it is never too early to try to gin up anti-muslim conflict.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    C'mon, the guy had an AR-15, lots of ammo, ballistic vest, black SWAT suit- this stuff had to be supplied by a terrorist organization. It's not like you can just go out and buy it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    C'mon, the guy had an AR-15, lots of ammo, ballistic vest, black SWAT suit- this stuff had to be supplied by a terrorist organization. It's not like you can just go out and buy it.
    Why do you make this claim? Seems we're to believe some kid in CT did just that. Strange times for sure.
    Just because I understand doesn't mean I care!
    - From my beer koozie

Anti-Americanism is the principle zeitgeist of our times.

- the rydster

Sometimes your answer is as simple as looking down and noticing your own feet for the first time.
    - Snakebit

Daft Punk built my hotrod
    Bill2 is working this thread like a pro. Pay attention, young posters.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I guess I forgot to put the rolls eyes emoticon after my post. I was being sarcastic
    Just because I understand doesn't mean I care!
    - From my beer koozie

Anti-Americanism is the principle zeitgeist of our times.

- the rydster

Sometimes your answer is as simple as looking down and noticing your own feet for the first time.
    - Snakebit

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    I take it you've never been to a Soldier of Fortune gun show? Night vision, silencers, sniper rifles, books on explosives, how to make booby traps/IED's. Hell, with the right license and money you can even buy a minigun. Versatile, high rate of fire, good knock down power. Just what the average hunter needs for the range, moose/bear and even geese.

Just read an article saying the guy appeared to suffer from psychological/emotional problems and there did NOT appear to be any radical muslim connection.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by exracer View Post
    I take it you've never been to a Soldier of Fortune gun show? Night vision, silencers, sniper rifles, books on explosives, how to make booby traps/IED's. Hell, with the right license and money you can even buy a minigun. Versatile, high rate of fire, good knock down power. Just what the average hunter needs for the range, moose/bear and even geese.

Just read an article saying the guy appeared to suffer from psychological/emotional problems and there did NOT appear to be any radical muslim connection.
    do any of the gun shows sell sarcasm flux calibrator software patches?
    Blows your hair back.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    It appears the local PD borrowed this from the State Department: