Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BC Canuck
    Oct 2006

Nana...nananaaannah...gooodbye...Rumsfeld!!!

AP reporting Rumsfeld to step down. hahahahahah. The transformation has begun.

Call me a Fred
    Is he stepping down or did someone trip him.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

Quiet, daddy's drinking

Heck of a job, Rummy.

You beat me to it. Just saw it on CNN.
    Just because you won't listen to reason does not mean I have to listen to idiocy.

I'm outdoorsy in that I like getting drunk on patios.

Legal Notice: General disclosure of non offensive intent.

The above internet forum poster, by and through the act of posting and participating in said forum, does hereby disclaim and disavow any offensive intent by way of written word, gesture, or emoticon and none should thus be inferred or taken.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Syprik
    Don't let the door hit ya in the arse Rummy...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    It's about time. Now if only Bush and Cheney would follow.

Sticky Valentine
    link?

joe
    'They say gold paint on the palace gates comes from the teeth of pensioners
    They're so tired of shooting protest singers that they hardly mention us
    While fountains fill with second-hand perfume and sodden trading stamps
    They'll hang the bullies and the louts that dampen down the day" - EC

off the back
    people singing the nanana hey hey hey song in the background of the MSNBC reporter. ;D
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.

Bacon!
    What's so amazing is he waited until after the election. Guess they thought they'd run along as normal if the Repubs stayed in power. Crazy stuff.
    “To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit — ever. They’re like the Viet Cong — Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower.”

off the back
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgetop
    What's so amazing is he waited until after the election. Guess they thought they'd run along as normal if the Repubs stayed in power. Crazy stuff.
    ironic thing is if he had dumped Rummy before the election, maybe like six months ago, this electoral bloodbath might not have happened.

12 strings, no waiting
    Anyone know when the Medal of Freedom ceremony will be?

Not Banned

No, like the war in Iraq

they didn't plan on losing the election. But their only plan seems to be, Rummy to step down, W in a gesture of Bipartisanship will offer Traiitor Joe the position and the Con govenor will replace Joe with a Con Senator.
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

12 strings, no waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie
    they didn't plan on losing the election. But their only plan seems to be, Rummy to step down, W in a gesture of Bipartisanship will offer Traiitor Joe the position and the Con govenor will replace Joe with a Con Senator.
    Taking over for Rumsfeld is going to be a thankless job, and I can't see Joe taking it, having won a hard fought battle to stay Senator. It seems like a no-brainer. He can stay Senator for six more years, or he can throw that away and take a crap job for two years.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by mohair_chair
    Taking over for Rumsfeld is going to be a thankless job, and I can't see Joe taking it, having won a hard fought battle to stay Senator. It seems like a no-brainer. He can stay Senator for six more years, or he can throw that away and take a crap job for two years.
    Agree...cleaning up after Rummy is gonna be a thankless task. He pretty much burned all his bridges in the Pentagon.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Windrider (Stubborn)

Cnn......

Quote Originally Posted by mohair_chair
    is reporting that it will be former CIA director Robert Gates.

len

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Wasn't it just last week that W said he wanted Rummy through the duration? Doesn't that make W a flip flopper?

Not Banned

yes I think that would be smart of Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    Agree...cleaning up after Rummy is gonna be a thankless task. He pretty much burned all his bridges in the Pentagon.
    I just worry about the Cons coming collecting on 'all their help"

If I was Joe, I'd tuck my tail between my legs and get back with the DNC a learned man.
    I'd say "Thanx for all your help SUCKERS" to the RNC and redeclare himself a Dem a day or 2 after his sworn in.
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

I'm on a time-out/temporary ban
    Quote Originally Posted by Syprik
    He's starting a hotel chain with Robert McNamara.

BC Canuck
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus
    people singing the nanana hey hey hey song in the background of the MSNBC reporter. ;D
    That was me. My voice carried across the US to fill in the sound bite.

I'm glad to see the old Bush Sr CIA head, Gates, take over. Guy has serious credibility. I wonder if Sr has given little Jr a reprimand?

12 strings, no waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by PdxMark
    Wasn't it just last week that W said he wanted Rummy through the duration? Doesn't that make W a flip flopper?
    Flip-Flop is so yesterday. It's more accurate to say that Bush cut-and-ran from his stay the course policy on Rumsfeld.

off the back
    Chris Matthews saying that Bush over-ruled Cheney, who wanted to keep Rummy.

and Gates is part of his father's old team, along with Baker and Scowcroft.

Looks like Boy George is running true to form. whenever he runs something into the ground, he goes running to Daddy and Daddy's powerful friends to come in and bail him out.

awwww horseapples!!

Looks like Boy George is running true to form. whenever he runs something into the ground, he goes running to Daddy and Daddy's powerful friends to come in and bail him out.
    I guess I should have taken 2 seconds to search the forum before starting my own thread on the subject...but regardless:

They certainly are dumping stay the course...whats next? Sufficent body armor? Being greeted as liberators? My head is swirling...so confused.....
    when burritos are outlawed, only outlaws will have burritos.

Soon to be banned
    What's sad is Rummy didn't resign because of his poor performance, he resigned over politics. The Dems were/are gonna make his life miserable. At least now his time will be freed up to testify before Congress as to his utter failures... Just cause he resigned it doesn't absolve him of war crimes.

It's ironic. If Bush let Rummy go sooner, it would have made yesterday's results somewhat unlikely. America wants accountability. When Bush told everyone to go stuff it, that he was gonna "stay the course" and "full speed ahead with Iraq," regardless of dissenting opinions he caused the bloodbath last night. And of course he blamed Rove today... It's never his fault... Bush is just a dick!
    "Walmart ... Where else can you crush your business competition, and yet, serve and control the lumpenproletariat." Mr. Grumpy

السلام عليكم

For president!
    I'm confused guys...what does Rummy resigning have to do with the Dems winning?

Isn't it obvious he was going to resign anyways, but they never change war plans right before an election. They would blow the only advantage they have, the perception of being stronger on defense.

Just my 2 cents...

Silas
    Formidable Pharmacologically

awwww horseapples!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SilasCL
    I'm confused guys...what does Rummy resigning have to do with the Dems winning?

Isn't it obvious he was going to resign anyways, but they never change war plans right before an election. They would blow the only advantage they have, the perception of being stronger on defense.

Just my 2 cents...

Silas
    It doesn't seem possible to you that W see's the Dem. hordes on the horizon coming for them subpoenas in hand? That he is trying to do his best to save face and distance himself? Instead of having someone on the stand who is actively messing up in Iraq, he now can point out that he has "taken steps towards a new direction in Iraq." Do you see how that might make sense?
    when burritos are outlawed, only outlaws will have burritos.

BC Canuck
    Oct 2006

I certainly don't have a problem with that. From initial reaction, I'm stoked that Gates was called in. Gates, a member of the Iraq Study Group, served 26yrs in the CIA/NSA...career non-partisan guy. I trust someone with that much professional experience in an area that relates to the #1 issue for Americans, while also knowing he's been associated with traditional non-ideological Republicans from the Bush Sr era. From Bush's speech, it seems they're not going to part ways from the neo-con garbage. Cheney just got over-ruled for the Gates ruling. Neo-conservatives have been given the sign: time for dumping. I can deal with the old Republican foreign policy strategy... it offers a strategic retreat from radical right.

As Russert just said, this is going to be a time of "hard-headed pragmatism" with Baker and Gates leading the way to getting Iraq worked out.

As an independent, I'm really pumped. Fingers crossed that Pelosi brings a "moderate" Democrat influence and is tough on Bush wrt to Iraq.

In a very good mood right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast