Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

National Empty Chair Day is Monday

Don't forget to have yours out

'Eastwooding' Inspires National Empty Chair Day on Monday
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails National Empty Chair Day is Monday-emptychair.jpg  
    Just because I understand doesn't mean I care!
    - From my beer koozie

Anti-Americanism is the principle zeitgeist of our times.

- the rydster

Sometimes your answer is as simple as looking down and noticing your own feet for the first time.
    - Snakebit

Not Banned
    My empty chair will be at my office
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    LOL well so is Obama's. You're good to go
    - From my beer koozie

- the rydster

Sometimes your answer is as simple as looking down and noticing your own feet for the first time.
    - Snakebit

I see trees of green
    How is this different from "National Take Pictures of Chairs That Just So happen To Be Empty on Tuesday Day"?

Does it the empty chair have to be a Thonet style bentwood chair specifically?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorX91 View Post
    How is this different from "National Take Pictures of Chairs That Just So happen To Be Empty on Tuesday Day"?
    That shoot must be scheduled for the Oval Office. I hear there's an empty seat there.
    - From my beer koozie

- the rydster

- Snakebit

Not Banned

a friend has to work tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Live Steam View Post
    his boss asked him to come in on Labor Day
    I should make him a CD of 'The International' in every language and he should blast it all day

I see trees of green
    That shoot must be scheduled for the Oval Office. I hear there's an empty seat there.
    Yes, we're quite familiar with your penchant for believing everything you want to hear and not much else.

AM999's Liberal Facist
    And so is the GOP's ticket and so is the GOP half of Congress. Let us celebrate!

Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

Not Banned
    Empty chair, more trustworthy than Ryan and Romney.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    AKA "Senile Old Hollywood Fart DAy"

Daft Punk built my hotrod
    Your chairs may be empty, but THE chair is taken.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Good for them. They took a rambling, incomprehensible embarrassment uttered by a possibly inebriated old man, and turned it into a political slogan! How about that? Empty chair is a symbol easily grasped by the Republican base in their stubborn dismissal of the first black president. Have to wonder if the real "empty chairs" are the ones these yahoos are sitting in.

Wave, dammit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Good for them. They took a rambling, incomprehensible embarrassment uttered by a possibly inebriated old man, and turned it into a political slogan! How about that? Empty chair is a symbol easily grasped by the Republican base in their stubborn dismissal of the first black president. Have to wonder if the real "empty chairs" are the ones these yahoos are sitting in.
    Hey, it worked for "Joe the Plumber"... sort of...
    When a cyclist in your area is injured or killed by a motorist, make an extra effort the next day to go for a ride. It doesn't have to be an organized ride, or even a long ride. Hell, ride a 15 minute loop around your neighborhood if you want.

Just be seen riding your bike.

Do it to make people aware we're out there. Do it to honor a fellow traveler. Do it because you're lucky enough to still be able to.

Call me a Fred
    It looks like the House jumped the gun.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

xxl
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    I suppose the empty chair matches Republicans' empty heads, empty promises, etc.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    I suppose the empty chair matches Republicans' empty heads, empty promises, etc.
    Oh the irony.

Did you happen to catch Jurickson Profar's first ML at bat? I've seen some of the Rangers top prospects get called up and none of them actually looked like the super heros I had heard about. This kid has pop and pure athletic ability. They can't keep him down on the farm much longer.

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    Did you happen to catch Jurickson Profar's first ML at bat? I've seen some of the Rangers top prospects get called up and none of them actually looked like the super heros I had heard about. This kid has pop and pure athletic ability. They can't keep him down on the farm much longer.

Here's a list of players who hit HRs in their first ML at bat: List of Major League Baseball players with a home run in their first major league at bat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why would anyone judge based on a single at bat? Baseball is a game of numbers, of the long term. When you see 100 ABs, then judge the prospect.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Here's a list of players who hit HRs in their first ML at bat: List of Major League Baseball players with a home run in their first major league at bat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why would anyone judge based on a single at bat? Baseball is a game of numbers, of the long term. When you see 100 ABs, then judge the prospect.
    The kid id 19, he hit a home run his first at bat and beautiful as it was and great for him, only proves that he got a good pitch to hit and that he has power. His second at bat he doubled to left field and the third time he hit a long fly to center or left center I think. He made a very athletic play at second, didn't get the out but the runner was speedy and his throw was from a sitting position on the ground. It was close enough to have gotten a step slower runner.

He has great numbers in the minors, did I mention he's 19, and he is rated high in all the lists of prospects. He has a long way to go to have a great career but he had a great night and the talent is there if it continues to develop. Oh, and he can run.

ML pitchers will get a book on him and exploit any weaknesses he has if he stays up, which he won't, but he will also learn to adapt. If not he will just be another highly anticipated flop. Last night he was as advertised.

I see trees of green
    This half-baked "Eastwooding" meme is missing something: A full-sized cardboard cutout of Blondie.

gazing from the shadows
    He has great numbers in the minors, did I mention he's 19, and he is rated high in all the lists of prospects.
    I get why people are excited. I want to see him hit once every ML team has a book on him. Which is pretty much what I say about every non-pitching prospect.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    I get why people are excited. I want to see him hit once every ML team has a book on him. Which is pretty much what I say about every non-pitching prospect.
    Not sure he will stay up to face everyone this time and the pitcher that he faced was having a bad day. Even so, nerves weren't a probelm and it was fun to watch him play. He's a SS/2nd base so I don't know where the Rangers would put him other than utility infielder. I think they just figured he's ready to start his ML career and they wanted to see his response to the Show. He may very well make the playoff roster if the damned Athletics don't overtake the Rangers. Man, that front office can build a team from scratch and they have to do it every year. They seem to make pitchers out of a a silk purse or a sows ear, no problem.

xxl
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    Not sure he will stay up to face everyone this time and the pitcher that he faced was having a bad day. Even so, nerves weren't a probelm and it was fun to watch him play. He's a SS/2nd base so I don't know where the Rangers would put him other than utility infielder. I think they just figured he's ready to start his ML career and they wanted to see his response to the Show. He may very well make the playoff roster if the damned Athletics don't overtake the Rangers. Man, that front office can build a team from scratch and they have to do it every year. They seem to make pitchers out of a a silk purse or a sows ear, no problem.
    Let me know how he does. I don't watch much AL ball, but it's always nice to see a fresh young face; ours is Billy Hamilton, who's supposed to be faster than Paul Ryan.

(Billy holds the minor-league record for stolen bases.)

I don't think the As are going to catch you guys, because it looks like they play some pretty good ballclubs this month, including a heavy road trip across time zones to the Evil Empire, followed by a four-game stretch with your Rangers, followed by a home stand against, um, your Rangers.

Fortune favors the bold ("bold" being baseball kode for pitching, I think.) Good luck.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Let me know how he does. I don't watch much AL ball, but it's always nice to see a fresh young face; ours is Billy Hamilton, who's supposed to be faster than Paul Ryan.

(Billy holds the minor-league record for stolen bases.)

I don't think the As are going to catch you guys, because it looks like they play some pretty good ballclubs this month, including a heavy road trip across time zones to the Evil Empire, followed by a four-game stretch with your Rangers, followed by a home stand against, um, your Rangers.

Fortune favors the bold ("bold" being baseball kode for pitching, I think.) Good luck.
    Thanks. It's amazing how much speed there is in baseball today. I'll let you know if he sticks.

Idiot at large
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    ...and then tomorrow... my cubicle chair will still be empty as I have to go on a business trip.... and Gran Fondo this weekend
    2010 Specialized Secteur Elite upgraded with 32T cassette and does not have Stan's (yet)
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er upgraded with 36T cassette and Stan's Arch EX rims and tubeless. Considering a 1x10 upgrade
    2013 Cannondale CAADX-6 Tiagra upgraded to 32T cassette and Stan's Alpha 400 rims and tubeless
    2008/2009 Burton T6 156cm with Burton Triad Bindings & DC Judge boots

Not Banned

ful sized Eastwood cut out

Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorX91 View Post
    This half-baked "Eastwooding" meme is missing something: A full-sized cardboard cutout of Blondie.

= more coherent than actual Eastwood

looks better too

let's face it. The GOP was hoping Eastwood would provide them with the needed testosterone to get themselves 'pumped up' going into the election. This again falls into the whole 'W doing most of the costumes of the village people'. It's all intended to make them feel all manly because they just aren't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast