Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 56
  1. #1
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,770

    OBAMA PRESS CONFERENCE: Scores hat trick

    During Rose Garden press conference, Obama refuses to apologize for secretly seizing AP phone records, shifts blame to Congress for Benghazi security lapses, and dodges question about White House IRS knowledge

    Read more: During Rose Garden press conference, Obama refuses to apologize for secretly seizing AP phone records, shifts blame to Congress for Benghazi security lapses, and dodges question about White House IRS knowledge | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Go Barry

    Go Barry

    Go Barry



    Oops!



    What I meant was:



    Very Presidential Mr. President.

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: jwl325's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    963
    Kinda what most rational people have been saying all along.
    Bill

    “You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing...We can make the best or the worst of it."

  3. #3
    banned
    Reputation: sandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Let'sRide View Post
    Go Barry

    Go Barry

    Go Barry



    Oops!



    What I meant was:



    Very Presidential Mr. President.
    "The most transparent administration in history", SSDD

  4. #4
    ___________
    Reputation: bricoleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,460
    .
    .
    .

    Drudge bait from The Daily Mail.

    big surprise there.

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by jwl325 View Post
    Kinda what most rational people have been saying all along.
    The president proposes additional funding for diplomatic security.

    Do you think the GOP will block it again?
    We're letting a couple hundred billionaires scam us.

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by bricoleur View Post
    .
    .
    .

    Drudge bait from The Daily Mail.

    big surprise there.
    Does that mean he did not Obama refuse to apologize for secretly seizing AP phone records, shift blame to Congress for Benghazi security lapses, and dodge question about White House IRS knowledge?

    I saw the press conference. Those claims are accurate.

  7. #7
    Ricardo Cabeza
    Reputation: Andy69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    14,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Let'sRide View Post
    Does that mean he did not Obama refuse to apologize for secretly seizing AP phone records, shift blame to Congress for Benghazi security lapses, and dodge question about White House IRS knowledge?

    I saw the press conference. Those claims are accurate.
    yabut, they were on Drudge, and Drudge is not a PO Approved™ information source
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

    SuperAndy's Garage

  8. #8
    Daft Punk built my hotrod
    Reputation: PaxRomana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,598
    I count on Drudge readers to sweep the floors with their knuckles.

  9. #9
    ___________
    Reputation: bricoleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,460
    .
    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Let'sRide


    Does that mean he did not Obama refuse to apologize for secretly seizing AP phone records, shift blame to Congress for Benghazi security lapses, and dodge question about White House IRS knowledge?

    I saw the press conference. Those claims are accurate.



    how hard is it to link to an actual news outlet?

    typing a few characters in your browser will bring up any media outlet on the planet, but you chose one of the worst tabloids in the english-speaking world?!

    it's nicknamed the Daily FAIL for a reason.



    OBAMA PRESS CONFERENCE: Scores hat trick-1.jpg

    .
    .

  10. #10
    ___________
    Reputation: bricoleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,460

  11. #11
    xxl
    xxl is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    16,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    yabut, they were on Drudge, and Drudge is not a PO Approved™ information source
    Yeah, it's a credibility thing.

    Drudge has what Nixon used to call a "gap" in that department.

  12. #12
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Yeah, it's a credibility thing.

    Drudge has what Nixon used to call a "gap" in that department.
    Here's the lead story on Drudge:

    IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office - ABC News

    Does this mean ABC is just a rightwing propaganda outlet?

  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Bill2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Let'sRide View Post
    Does this mean ABC is just a rightwing propaganda outlet?
    Yes, it's part of the Lame Stream Media.

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Snakebit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    51,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
    Yes, it's part of the Lame Stream Media.
    It used to be but now it's just part of the Obama Pep Squad.

  15. #15
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Bill2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    It used to be but now it's just part of the Obama Pep Squad.
    This is pep? IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office - ABC News

  16. #16
    xxl
    xxl is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    16,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Let'sRide View Post
    Here's the lead story on Drudge:

    IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office - ABC News

    Does this mean ABC is just a rightwing propaganda outlet?

    It does if you judge the credibility of a news outlet by a single story tossed out by a poaster on an obscure internet political forum.

    Cf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drudge...about_sourcing


    But if you want a professional judge's take on Drudge, here's a snippet from a real-life judge, re Blumenthal vs. Drudge:

    "...the subject matter of the Drudge Report primarily concerns political gossip and rumor in Washington, D.C."

    [as opposed to news, facts, etc.]

    Also:

    " Drudge is not a reporter, a journalist or a newsgatherer. He is, as he himself admits, simply a purvevor of gossip."

    [As you've reported previously you have difficulty navigating links, the first quote is in Section III, Drudge's motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction, fourth paragraph from the end; while the second in "Footnotes, #18," near the end of the brief.]

    Blumenthal v. Drudge

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    It does if you judge the credibility of a news outlet by a single story tossed out by a poaster on an obscure internet political forum.

    Cf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drudge...about_sourcing


    But if you want a professional judge's take on Drudge, here's a snippet from a real-life judge, re Blumenthal vs. Drudge:

    "...the subject matter of the Drudge Report primarily concerns political gossip and rumor in Washington, D.C."

    [as opposed to news, facts, etc.]

    Also:

    " Drudge is not a reporter, a journalist or a newsgatherer. He is, as he himself admits, simply a purvevor of gossip."
    I get it. Drudge is a rightwing news outlet. Does that automatically disqualify any story on its front page?

    As you've reported previously you have difficulty navigating links, the first quote is in Section III, Drudge's motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction, fourth paragraph from the end; while the second in "Footnotes, #18," near the end of the brief.]

    Blumenthal v. Drudge
    Thanks for the jab. Now my morning is complete.

  18. #18
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Bill2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Let'sRide View Post
    I get it. Drudge is a rightwing news outlet. Does that automatically disqualify any story on its front page?



    Thanks for the jab. Now my morning is complete.
    None of my business, but is this some kind of lovers' quarrel? Seems to never end. Eventually most folks have a beer together, shake hands, whatever.

  19. #19
    Daft Punk built my hotrod
    Reputation: PaxRomana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Let'sRide View Post
    I get it. Drudge is a rightwing news outlet.
    Well, no you don't get it. It's not a "news" outlet. It's a "gossip" outlet.

    News is news. It's not right-wing or left-wing. It's just NEWS.

  20. #20
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxRomana View Post
    Well, no you don't get it. It's not a "news" outlet. It's a "gossip" outlet.

    News is news. It's not right-wing or left-wing. It's just NEWS.
    Actually, it's a news aggregation website. I believe HuffPo is considered the same. No you ever read stories on HuffPo? Do you consider them all just gossip?

    Do you consider MSNBC a news outlet?

  21. #21
    xxl
    xxl is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    16,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Let'sRide View Post
    I get it. Drudge is a rightwing news outlet. Does that automatically disqualify any story on its front page?



    Thanks for the jab. Now my morning is complete.

    I'm trying to be helpful, since you've complained before about not being able to find information in links you've been given (cf. Republicans: The Party of "Family Values"). If you're plagued by feelings of being persecuted, you might not want to play on PO, some of the bigger kids can really roughhouse. Just sayin'.

    And Pax (as well as the US District Court and Drudge himself) had it right; Drudge is a gossip, nothing more, and shouldn't be confused with a news outlet.

  22. #22
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    I'm trying to be helpful, since you've complained before about not being able to find information in links you've been given (cf. Republicans: The Party of "Family Values"). If you're plagued by feelings of being persecuted, you might not want to play on PO, some of the bigger kids can really roughhouse. Just sayin'.
    Yeah. Helpful. That's you. Nothing passive-aggressive in your posts.

  23. #23
    xxl
    xxl is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    16,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
    None of my business, but is this some kind of lovers' quarrel? Seems to never end. Eventually most folks have a beer together, shake hands, whatever.
    I can only speak for myself, of course, but know-it-alls are very irritating to those of us who really do know it all.

  24. #24
    xxl
    xxl is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    16,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Let'sRide View Post
    Yeah. Helpful. That's you. Nothing passive-aggressive in your posts.
    iro·ny

    noun \ˈī-rə-nē also ˈī(-ə)r-nē\


    1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

    2. Literature. a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.

    b. (especially in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.




    e.g.:

    "Silly me. I didn't realize you were referring to matters completely unrelated to this thread when you posted "All of these predictions remind me of something."

    "It's sad how I get baited into responding to this nonsense, but here goes."

    "Nice work."

    "Oh joy. A hen party. What fun"

    "I can always count on certain posters to take passive aggressive cheapshots."


    "Um... okay... whatever."


  25. #25
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Let'sRide View Post
    OBAMA...Scores hat trick
    I want to go with the hat trick part.

    1. Releases emails—Benghazi steam gone
    2. Has Schumer reintroduce compromise journalist shield law—it got bogged down about blogger protections but can be strengthened and sent to his desk
    3. Fires IRS chief—and joins outrage over IRS audit protocol

    GOPers still have the new one, the Iran-Contra one, to work on, but the networks are beginning to mention the hyperpartisanship on display that Krautheimer warned about.
    We're letting a couple hundred billionaires scam us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. armstrong press conference
    By phatkid77 in forum The Doping Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 04:52 PM
  2. Lance Press conference for TOC
    By rollinrob in forum Pro Cycling - Race Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 04:34 AM
  3. The Press Conference
    By Dwayne Barry in forum The Doping Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 06:47 PM
  4. Landis 11:30 et Press Conference
    By lsthe3 in forum Pro Cycling - Race Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 08:17 AM
  5. So when is the press conference?
    By mb168 in forum Pro Cycling - Race Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 10:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Sea Otter Classic

Hot Deals

Contest


Latest RoadBike Articles


Latest Videos

RoadbikeReview on Facebook