Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    No thread hijacking. If you don't like the thread, don't change the discussion to something totally unrelated and irrelevant. Start a new thread as needed. See Sticky #1 at the top of the forum page

Tread hijacking is a common practice here used to shift the discussion away from the topic which makes someone uncomfortable. Although our minimal forum rules strictly prohibiting such disruptive behavior, tread hijacking is done often ... and I can't seem to recall anyone ever being reprimanded tread hijacking.
    Several posters have had their posts deleted for thread drift. You may be unaware of that, because I don't usually announce why I've deleted a post, I just delete it.

Threadjacking is more of a problem when there are more posters than the few we've been seeing (nice weather really makes the traffic fall off). When it's relatively quiet here, though, a threadjack is so glaring, other posters can easily call the jacker off, and expose them for what they are.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    When it's relatively quiet here, though, a threadjack is so glaring, other posters can easily call the jacker off, and expose them for what they are.
    .....Name:  images.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  11.4 KB
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    .....Name:  images.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  11.4 KB
    Better than stay the jackers hand.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change thesubject." - Winston Churchill

Journalism: power without responsibility: the prerogative of the harlot throughout the ages.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The moderator doesn't need to give out any free passes, and doesn't appreciate the insinuation, either; the thread is about Obama's record as President, is it not? You started this thread with this post:

"Barrack Obama's Presidency will be fairly judged in about 50 years. If asked today, I'd say not ready for Mt. Rushmore, but quite good with a few large errors: failure to follow-through on Simpson-Boles; Syria red line; and this one."

By my lights, you opened the line of discussion beyond just his stance on white-collar crime by bringing up those other things you perceived as "a few large errors." If you wished to confine discussion to Obama's actions on a specific thing, you should've specified that more clearly.
    Would a few cruise missiles on an empty airfield made a difference on the red line issue? I doubt it. Saved a couple of bucks and got the same result in the end.

Phony issue.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Several posters have had their posts deleted for thread drift. You may be unaware of that, because I don't usually announce why I've deleted a post, I just delete it.

Threadjacking is more of a problem when there are more posters than the few we've been seeing (nice weather really makes the traffic fall off). When it's relatively quiet here, though, a threadjack is so glaring, other posters can easily call the jacker off, and expose them for what they are.
    Secret rule enforcement needs review. I suggest overt so all members are aware of misconduct and sanctions.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

xxl
    Secret rule enforcement needs review. I suggest overt so all members are aware of misconduct and sanctions.
    There's no secret rule enforcement at all; everyone can see when stuff gets deleted.
    I just don't bother explaining every damned decision I make, because I'm:

1) lazy;
    2) of the opinion that moderation isn't by committee;
    3) an unpaid volunteer who is only now realizing the admins lied to him about providing unlimited supplies of hookers and blow in exchange for him volunteering.

Take your pick (my wife's family swears by #1). And as always, posters can always ask me via PM if they want further explanations on how things run here.

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb100 View Post
    Would a few cruise missiles on an empty airfield made a difference on the red line issue? I doubt it. Saved a couple of bucks and got the same result in the end.

Phony issue.
    If I agree with you, is that a double threadjack in the offing, or just the usual PO circle jerk?

RoadBikeReview Member
    If I agree with you, is that a double threadjack in the offing, or just the usual PO circle jerk?

The usual.

RoadBikeReview Member
    There was reportedly one perfect person ever to walk this planet. The remainder were mortals.

Barrack Obama's Presidency will be fairly judged in about 50 years. If asked today, I'd say not ready for Mt. Rushmore, but quite good with a few large errors: failure to follow-through on Simpson-Boles; Syria red line; and this one.

How Obama's Failure To Prosecute Wall Street Set The Stage For Trump’s Win | HuffPost
    If you want to send someone to jail, you have to come up with a charge you can prosecute. The Justice Dept. couldn't come up with any actual laws that these hedge fund guys were breaking. So they didn't prosecute, plain and simple.

Turned out the whole shebang was caused by overzealous financiers riding out a real estate boom at a time when housing values skyrocketed and if you didn't get in on it, you'd be left behind.

Same thing happened in '29. Very few financiers went to jail and if so, it wasn't for reckless investing. Both times, what happened was a result of the capitalist system. "Laissez faire" mistakenly assumes capitalists will operate responsibly within the community, not out of lust, arrogance, and greed. Big mistake.

Obama and his advisors brilliantly brought the country back from the brink of collapse by spending big time, notably shoring up the auto industry. it worked. Within two years the banks were flush and things were turning around. The govt. even got its money back from the auto companies. Unemployment went down to traditional levels around 5%.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The moderator doesn't need to give out any free passes, and doesn't appreciate the insinuation, either; the thread is about Obama's record as President, is it not? You started this thread with this post:
    See the "new and improved " edits to conform with your commentary. I hope this meets the forum criteria of limiting the topics of discussion to the OP parameters.

BTW --- I'm offer all this not as an attack on your good work here but merely as a friendly suggestion to avoid such things as the firs reply shift the discussion.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12