Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Obama: Quite Good But Not Perfect

There was reportedly one perfect person ever to walk this planet. The remainder were mortals.

Barrack Obama's Presidency will be fairly judged in about 50 years. If asked today, I'd say not ready for Mt. Rushmore, but quite good with a few large errors: failure to follow-through on Simpson-Boles; Syria red line; and this one.

Feel free to comment on Obama's failure to go after Wall Street and if you just can't control yourself to stick to the topic, the moderator will be informed.

How Obama's Failure To Prosecute Wall Street Set The Stage For Trump’s Win | HuffPost
    Last edited by troutmd; 4 Days Ago at 07:10 PM.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sham George Bush signed that treaty creating your headline. Of course you would not allow another nation to have prosecutorial jurisdiction over American war fighters either and thus vacated Iran.

No thread hijacking. If you don't like the thread, don't change the discussion to something totally unrelated and irrelevant. Start a new thread as needed. See Sticky #1 at the top of the forum page

BTW - I have not written the forum moderator asking you be put on vacation for thread hijacking. If such a things occurs you'll know it wasn't your friend in the Golden State who demanded you be punished.

Suggestion - why don't you state an OP on that burr under your saddle issue. It might get lively.

Last edited by troutmd; 5 Days Ago at 02:39 PM.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Sham George Bush signed that treaty creating your headline. Of course you would not allow another nation to have prosecutorial jurisdiction over American war fighters either and thus vacated Iran.

No thread hijacking. If you don't like the thread, don't change the discussion to something totally unrelated and irrelevant. Start a new thread as needed. See Sticky #1 at the top of the forum page

BTW - I have not written the forum moderator asking you be put on vacation for thread hijacking. If such a things occurs you'll know it wasn't your friend in the Golden State who demanded you be punished.

Suggestion - why don't you state an OP on that burr under your saddle issue. It might get lively.

I thought we were discussing perfection as it relates to Obama? He seems to have made a perfect mess in the ME.

If I get banished you will be so lonely.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    I thought we were discussing perfection as it relates to Obama? He seems to have made a perfect mess in the ME.

If I get banished you will be so lonely.
    Actually you keep blaming Obama for leaving Iraq as if were true when it is false. Thus a form of tread hijacking, not to mention personal opinion conjecture devoid of supportive links.

But I do agree you play an important role to the forum less it becomes an echo chamber.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Actually you keep blaming Obama for leaving Iraq as if were true when it is false. Thus a form of tread hijacking, not to mention personal opinion conjecture devoid of supportive links.

But I do agree you play an important role to the forum less it becomes an echo chamber.
    I posted a link that supports what I said.

What the what???
    Oh, I don’t know. Let’s test that theory... only way to be sure.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - MLK

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nope - not even the title from the article you linked doesn't identify Obama as the creator of the mess. I believe you are guilty of using selective intelligence, where one applies their personal bias instead of having the discipline to stick to the fact provided.

I scanned your linked article and perhaps missed it, but please identify the paragraph and sentence from your linked article where the forum can find these words your used to accuse President Obama in #4 above:

He seems to have made a perfect mess in the ME.

PS ---My friend never ... I mean never take the stand under oath in a formal legal proceeding. On cross-examination of your swore testimony, even a junior varsity lawyer will administer an enigma with a firehouse destroying you and your credibility on the stand. In the most extreme cases, you could be sanctioned to fine and/or imprisonment for such conduct.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nope - not even the title from the article you linked doesn't identify Obama as the creator of the mess. I believe you are guilty of using selective intelligence, where one applies their personal bias instead of having the discipline to stick to the fact provided.

I scanned your linked article and perhaps missed it, but please identify the paragraph and sentence from your linked article where the forum can find these words your used to accuse President Obama in #4 above:

He seems to have made a perfect mess in the ME.

PS ---My friend never ... I mean never take the stand under oath in a formal legal proceeding. A junior varsity lawyer will administer an enigma with a firehouse destroying you and your credibility on the stand. In the most extreme cases, your could be sanctioned to fine or imprisonment for such conduct.
    I believe you are guilty of selective blindness. Obama killed Osama but he didn't hand the region over to the Iranians cause Bush.....

RoadBikeReview Member
    I believe you are guilty of selective blindness. Obama killed Osama but he didn't hand the region over to the Iranians cause Bush.....
    Got a link to support your conjecture and personal opinion?

But then because you couldn't provide support from your article backing your bias and erroneous commentary above [see #8 above for the contest of this observation], doesn't mean you are a helpless when it comes to making comments that have an intellectual bases instead of pure person hokum.

And as a gentleman I will repeat this wisdom and advice for you my friend.

PS ---My friend never ... I mean never take the stand under oath in a formal legal proceeding. On cross-examination of your swore testimony, even a junior varsity lawyer will administer an enigma with a firehouse destroying you and your credibility on the stand. In the most extreme cases, you could be sanctioned to fine and/or imprisonment for such conduct.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Your link mentions Obama one time but assigns zero blame to him. I think you just read the headline and assumed it supported your opinion.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    Your link mentions Obama one time but assigns zero blame to him. I think you just read the headline and assumed it supported your opinion.
    Who was President when we pulled out and when ISIS captured half of Iraq? Bush? Trump?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Who was President when we pulled out and when ISIS captured half of Iraq? Bush? Trump?
    Who was President on 911? Bush!

Who was President when terrorists attacked Manchester? Trump.

Who was President when terrorists destroyed the marine barracks in Lebanon? Regan.

Who was President when Watergate was burglarized? Nixon.

Who disbanded the Iraqi military causing them to form ISIS. Cheney.

See, its almost always Republicans.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb100 View Post
    Who was President on 911? Bush!

Who was President when terrorists attacked Manchester? Trump.

Who was President when terrorists destroyed the marine barracks in Lebanon? Regan.

Who was President when Watergate was burglarized? Nixon.

Who disbanded the Iraqi military causing them to form ISIS. Cheney.

See, its almost always Republicans.
    This isn't a terrorist attack, it is Iran moving into the drivers seat in Iraq and Syria. This was the preferred solution of the Obama administration. It is not the one we initially preferred following the invasion, Americans shed a lot of blood keeping it from becoming fact. It now seems we have done a 180 on that and Iran running Iraq is not only acceptable but preferred.

RoadBikeReview Member
    This was a decision of the Bush administration when he signed the agreement to withdraw at a specific date. Take it up with the Republican party.

RoadBikeReview Member
    This isn't a terrorist attack, it is Iran moving into the drivers seat in Iraq and Syria. This was the preferred solution of the Obama administration. It is not the one we initially preferred following the invasion, Americans shed a lot of blood keeping it from becoming fact. It now seems we have done a 180 on that and Iran running Iraq is not only acceptable but preferred.
    Why is this a problem for you?

Bush was OK with it. Trump is OK with it. You say Obama is OK with it.

3 American Presidents are OK, you don't like it.

I guess you think you know mere than the last 3 Presidents.

You're a little arrogant, aren't, you?

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    I agree that Obama missed the boat on prosecuting the Wall Street malefactors. This was one of the reasons I did not vote for him in 2012 - I felt that he had let the country down after such a promising campaign in 2008. You don't run on a platform of "Hope and Change" and then give the voting public more of the same old supply side economics once you're in office. It was a major failure on his part.

Even so, he was much better than his predecessor and far, far, far better than his successor.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb100 View Post
    Why is this a problem for you?

Bush was OK with it. Trump is OK with it. You say Obama is OK with it.

3 American Presidents are OK, you don't like it.

I guess you think you know mere than the last 3 Presidents.

You're a little arrogant, aren't, you?
    No, I'm not arrogant but I'm not blind or stupid. It was not hard to see this developing but this was the first time I have seen an article outlining it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    My Trump-loving MIL sent out an email warning people of an upcoming democratic candidate who's muslim. I don't remember the guy's name, but it included a long list of all the potential damage he could wreak while in power.

I reminded her that we already had a "foreign-born muslim president for 8 years" and we managed to survive his tenure thanks to the Establishment Clause.

She asked me to explain the "established clause" and quickly changed the subject afterward.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks Snakebit for successfully hijacking the OP ... Obama's Failure To Prosecute Wall Street Executives.

Well done!

Don't worry the moderator will give you another free pass from the rules which were intended to avoid the disruption your skill set excels at.

PS - thanks also to bradkay for sticking to the OP.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2017

I agree with you. Sham on George Bush. I agree with you. President Obama as President of the United states had no authority to even attempt to renegotiate the SOFA with the Iraqis. After all Presidents never renegotiate agreements made by previous Presidents. I mean SALT was never renegotiated after Nixon-Brezhnev was it?
    Good thing you didn't report Snake for "hijacking" your tread. If you did in order to maintain your unequivocal fair mindedness you'd have to report Christine too, wouldn't you?
    Last edited by STSSMFT; 4 Days Ago at 09:08 AM.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change thesubject." - Winston Churchill

Journalism: power without responsibility: the prerogative of the harlot throughout the ages.

RoadBikeReview Member

Tread hijacking is a common practice here used to shift the discussion away from the topic which makes someone uncomfortable. Although our minimal forum rules strictly prohibiting such disruptive behavior, tread hijacking is done often ... and I can't seem to recall anyone ever being reprimanded tread hijacking.

But you might recall what your father may have told you about rules:

"Son a family which has rules that are not enforced is not a family, but soon to become a mob."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    who installed maliki, a shia who is probably pro Iran, into leadership position in Iraq?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.17b01f63446e

Obama: Quite Good But Not Perfect-iraq1403715010.jpg

Sorry for the thread jacking but yah Obama was way too soft on white collar crime if you don't include abacus bank.
    Last edited by etane; 4 Days Ago at 09:06 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    This was a decision of the Bush administration when he signed the agreement to withdraw at a specific date. Take it up with the Republican party.
    Yep, President Obama had zero authority to even try and renegotiate the SOFA with the Iraqis. That old "blame it on Bush" meme is old and tired
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change thesubject." - Winston Churchill

Journalism: power without responsibility: the prerogative of the harlot throughout the ages.

xxl
    Thanks Snakebit for successfully hijacking the OP ... Obama's Failure To Prosecute Wall Street Executives.

Well done!

Don't worry the moderator will give you another free pass from the rules which were intended to avoid the disruption your skill set excels at.

PS - thanks also to bradkay for sticking to the OP.

The moderator doesn't need to give out any free passes, and doesn't appreciate the insinuation, either; the thread is about Obama's record as President, is it not? You started this thread with this post:

"Barrack Obama's Presidency will be fairly judged in about 50 years. If asked today, I'd say not ready for Mt. Rushmore, but quite good with a few large errors: failure to follow-through on Simpson-Boles; Syria red line; and this one."

By my lights, you opened the line of discussion beyond just his stance on white-collar crime by bringing up those other things you perceived as "a few large errors." If you wished to confine discussion to Obama's actions on a specific thing, you should've specified that more clearly.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast