Idiot at large
    Apr 2010

Obama & Russia: I'll have more flexibility in his 2nd term....

what does that mean today with the context of Syria and Snowden?

Seems like to me... we are viewed as Russia's *****.
    2010 Specialized Secteur Elite upgraded with 32T cassette and does not have Stan's (yet)
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er upgraded with 36T cassette and Stan's Arch EX rims and tubeless. Considering a 1x10 upgrade
    2013 Cannondale CAADX-6 Tiagra upgraded to 32T cassette and Stan's Alpha 400 rims and tubeless
    2008/2009 Burton T6 156cm with Burton Triad Bindings & DC Judge boots

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    It seems Obama's new found flexibility is coming in handy as Putin bends him over the table.

Big is relative
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.
    Retired sailor

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Or, is flexibility the key to indecision?

I do know this--Russia will agree with whatever indecision Obama makes. After all, they respect us!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Well derp derp guys. Whattay gonna do, send in the A Team in four choppers to the Moscow Airport and abduct the guy? Conduct impromptu nuclear missile tests over Romania?

We'll just have to wait and see how Da Man pulls yet another rabbitt out of his hat before the disgruntled Monday night quarterbacks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Well derp derp guys. Whattay gonna do, send in the A Team in four choppers to the Moscow Airport and abduct the guy? Conduct impromptu nuclear missile tests over Romania?

We'll just have to wait and see how Da Man pulls yet another rabbitt out of his hat before the disgruntled Monday night quarterbacks.
    He wears his hat in a strange place.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    He wears his hat in a strange place.
    Little clip on TV news showed him answering the question. 1)"I shouldn't have to respond to Putin's stalling. We have an agreement with Russia to exchange people wanted for crimes."

2)"Why should I let Snowden trump all else between us and Russia?"

He obviously doesn't think retrieving Snowden is all that important in the larger scheme of world affairs.

DA MAN!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Little clip on TV news showed him answering the question. 1)"I shouldn't have to respond to Putin's stalling. We have an agreement with Russia to exchange people wanted for crimes."

He obviously doesn't think retrieving Snowden is all that important in the larger scheme of world affairs.

DA MAN!
    The failure to get Snowden back simply shows we are impotent.

I expect Russia is in no hurry as they need time to learn what Snowden knows.

banned
    He doesn't have to respond his bending over for Putin is his response. Well it seems like Russia is sure living up to that "agreement"

His lack of response is just another punting of Presidential responsibility. But hey, he'll get tough with, wait for it, Ecuador. Gee that's taking a stand.

When it comes to foreign policy he (President Obama) is a complete failure.
    "Reset" with Russia? Sure bend over for Putin. Syria, Putin wouldn't give President Obama the correct time of day. Missile defense, reneg on treaties/promises to our allies and bend over for Putin. Nuclear disarmament, cut the U.S. armory while giving Putin everything he wants and disregard Iranian and North Korean nuclear capabilities and intent.
    Face it Fredrico, President Obama has done nothing to either improve America's reputation not done anything to maintain America's position as the #1 superpower in the world.
    It seems like his (President Obama) promise to fundamentally change the United States is coming to fruition. Unfortunately that change is terrible for the U.S.
    He obviously doesn't think.

DA MAN!
    Hardly, more like DA CHILD!
    Last edited by sandan; 06-28-2013 at 07:01 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sandan View Post
    When it comes to foreign policy he (President Obama) is a complete failure.
    "Reset" with Russia? Sure bend over for Putin. Syria, Putin wouldn't give President Obama the correct time of day. Missile defense, reneg on treaties/promises to our allies and bend over for Putin. Nuclear disarmament, cut the U.S. armory while giving Putin everything he wants and disregard Iranian and North Korean nuclear capabilities and intent.
    Face it Fredrico, President Obama has done nothing to either improve America's reputation not done anything to maintain America's position as the #1 superpower in the world.
    It seems like his (President Obama) promise to fundamentally change the United States is coming to fruition. Unfortunately that change is terrible for the U.S.
    He obviously doesn't think.
    Obama's message to us and the world about our position in said world and what we will or will not accept is very contradictory. At the same time he was downplaying the importance of Snowden's information his sec State was expressing deep concerns and dire consequences. He thinks foreign policy deals with the Chicago suburbs.

banned
    Obama's message to us and the world about our position in said world and what we will or will not accept is very contradictory. At the same time he was downplaying the importance of Snowden's information his sec State was expressing deep concerns and dire consequences. He thinks foreign policy deals with the Chicago suburbs.
    Obama's message to us and the world is, "go ahead, do what ever you want, we won't stop you, we won't take a stand until it's too little, too late." The world is getting more dangerous each and every day and President Obama wants to cut the military hugely.
    Teddy Roosevelt said, "speak softly and carry a big stick." President Obama is saying, "speak softly and don't carry a stick at all." It's working out great so far, if you think sticking your head in the sand is a viable option.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Obama's message to us and the world is, "go ahead, do what ever you want, we won't stop you, we won't take a stand until it's too little, too late." The world is getting more dangerous each and every day and President Obama wants to cut the military hugely.
    Teddy Roosevelt said, "speak softly and carry a big stick." President Obama is saying, "speak softly and don't carry a stick at all." It's working out great so far, if you think sticking your head in the sand is a viable option.
    Obama threatens dire consequences, often when he should just shut up, and his reaction when the line is crossed is "Better watch that ****."

banned
    Obama threatens dire consequences, often when he should just shut up, and his reaction when the line is crossed is "Better watch that ****."
    I agree. Add to that his threats aren't carried out either. Now as a parent I know that if you tell your kid, "action A is going to result in repercussion "B" and the kid continues with "A" and "B never comes, then "A" isn't going to stop.
    "His reaction" is part of the problem. Reaction is usually just too late, sometimes action-proactive action- is what a situation calls for.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I agree. Add to that his threats aren't carried out either. Now as a parent I know that if you tell your kid, "action A is going to result in repercussion "B" and the kid continues with "A" and "B never comes, then "A" isn't going to stop.
    "His reaction" is part of the problem. Reaction is usually just too late, sometimes action-proactive action- is what a situation calls for.
    I'm not sure there is an action that is worth the consequences to some situations, Syria being one. His problem As I see it is he speaks when he should shut up and makes empty threats believing that a threat is all that is needed to get his way. I don't always blame him for doing nothing, just for raising expectations by threatening something. He's digging a hell of a hole for the next President on foreign policies.

Idiot at large
    Apr 2010
    Biden, during the re-election campaign quoted Teddy Roosevelt on this..... it was a great Biden gaffe.....
    2010 Specialized Secteur Elite upgraded with 32T cassette and does not have Stan's (yet)
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er upgraded with 36T cassette and Stan's Arch EX rims and tubeless. Considering a 1x10 upgrade
    2013 Cannondale CAADX-6 Tiagra upgraded to 32T cassette and Stan's Alpha 400 rims and tubeless
    2008/2009 Burton T6 156cm with Burton Triad Bindings & DC Judge boots