Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Oil prices..here we go again

Oil is $93 per bbl and likely to keep rising, maybe back to $130. That is going to translate to over $4 per gal at the pump, our ass is grass. Stupid Libyans.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    why do you hate freedom?
    Blows your hair back.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by den bakker
    why do you hate freedom?
    It's too damned expensive.

Banned forever.....or not
    Now that gas is $3.33.9 by me (at the cheap stations), I feel sorry for people driving gas suckers...............NOT.

Would gas prices go down if we invade Libya?
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY
    Now that gas is $3.33.9 by me (at the cheap stations), I feel sorry for people driving gas suckers...............NOT.

Maybe eventually.

n00bsauce
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit
    Maybe eventually.
    How 'bout Venezuela?
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said.

"We are all ignorant about most things."
    Mel Erickson

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Gas prices here are too low. Look around the world. We have paid too little for gas for way too long.

BTW, I drive a gas guzzler, but that is my choice, no beaching here. Last time gas was $4/ga I sure did commute to work more on the bike.

n00bsauce
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY
    40% of our oil is produced in the United States. 60% of that oil comes from Alaska and Texas. Obviously to reduce the price of gas we need to invade Alaska and Texas. It'll be on Glen Beck tonight. You heard it here first.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said.

"We are all ignorant about most things."
    Mel Erickson

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Erickson
    40% of our oil is produced in the United States. 60% of that oil comes from Alaska and Texas. Obviously to reduce the price of gas we need to invade Alaska and Texas. It'll be on Glen Beck tonight. You heard it here first.
    Every time we have another boom Texas gets invaded by a bunch of New Yawkers. Then they find out they have to actually work in the oil field and they go home.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    Blame Goerge Bush, ooops, he is not in office and we can't blame Obama, because he is perfect. If a republican was president we would be calling for his job, but since it's Obama, we will chalk up the high prices to Immaculate conception.

RoadBikeReview Member
    $3.30 now, up two bits since yesterday morning. The recession is fixin to get reinvigorated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I guess if I'm gonna look at a bright side to this, Global warming seems to be shortening the duration of Wisconsin winters (if not the intensity) So I'll be back riding to work before gas prices hit $5/gal...

Ricardo Cabeza
    damn greedy oil companies. we need price controls, that'll teach em
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder
    Blame Goerge Bush, ooops, he is not in office and we can't blame Obama, because he is perfect. If a republican was president we would be calling for his job, but since it's Obama, we will chalk up the high prices to Immaculate conception.
    Since there's a whole thread praising Bush for this current wave of middle-eastern dictator tossing, I'm gonna say you can't take the praise for the good parts and duck the blame for the unfortunate fallout.

So, Bush did it.

Happy now?

Ricardo Cabeza
    good thing the drag strip is only 20 miles from my house. darn Buick gets 14 mpg. even less if it's in town, those secondaries are HUUUUUUUGE
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

AJL
    Rock on!
    Very nice, Libya produces about 2% of world wide crude oil output - an yet forecasters are saying the price of gas could hit $5/gal if Libyan output is disrupted. Apparently, I've suddenly become a math imbecile because this just doesn't add up.

I won't be crying if any Wallstreet types lose their jobs.
    “In an honest search for knowledge, you quite often have to abide by ignorance for an indefinite period.”
    – Erwin Schrödinger, 1948

No Crybabies

be fair

Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder
    If the middle east wars were all about Bush helping his buddies at Halliburton and the oil companies, then Obama must have the same motive, right? Fair is fair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When my fist clenches, crack it open
    Before I use it and lose my cool
    When I smile, tell me some bad news
    Before I laugh and act like a fool

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotophage
    Since there's a whole thread praising Bush for this current wave of middle-eastern dictator tossing, I'm gonna say you can't take the praise for the good parts and duck the blame for the unfortunate fallout.

So, Bush did it.

Happy now?
    Don't forget Obama's marvelously inspiring speech..........and the internet. Major roles I hear they played.

No Crybabies

mind control

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit
    Don't forget Obama's marvelously inspiring speech..........and the internet. Major roles I hear they played.
    Too bad Jedi mind control only works on feeble minds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When my fist clenches, crack it open
    Before I use it and lose my cool
    When I smile, tell me some bad news
    Before I laugh and act like a fool

RoadBikeReview Member

especially since...

Quote Originally Posted by AJL
    Very nice, Libya produces about 2% of world wide crude oil output - an yet forecasters are saying the price of gas could hit $5/gal if Libyan output is disrupted. Apparently, I've suddenly become a math imbecile because this just doesn't add up.

OPEC said they'd already increase production to help cover the lost output...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...ibyan-oil.html

speculators need to be drug out back and put out of our misery...

Low rep power
    Quote Originally Posted by AJL

The vast majority of Libyan oil goes to Europe and Asia- *maybe* 5% to us.. Guess that's why every gas station around here raised prices by a dime yesterday
    We'll be back soon, there will be more of us, and next time we won't be dropping leaflets.

“The problem with quotes on the internet is that it’s hard to verify their authenticity” – Abraham Lincoln

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    Rising gas prices really have me concerned about Obama's weak recovery.

RoadBikeReview Member
    And i wouldnt be surprised to hear that oil companies record record profits for this time. My understanding is that the gas at the stations was allready bought and paid for months ago, at the cheaper rate. But the companies jack up the price right away and earn a hugely obsene profit.

But of course they deserve it. They "worked" so hard for that profit.

Bill

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crossracer
    And i wouldnt be surprised to hear that oil companies record record profits for this time. My understanding is that the gas at the stations was allready bought and paid for months ago, at the cheaper rate. But the companies jack up the price right away and earn a hugely obsene profit.

But of course they deserve it. They "worked" so hard for that profit.

Bill
    The oil business is either boom or bust. Nobody sheds a tear for them during the bust periods and it's almost as cyclical as the tides.

Banned forever.....or not
    $3.43.9 at the cheap stations

Bastids.

I guess that it's better than $4.43.9
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast