Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: Panic Mode

  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    170

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    170

  3. #3
    tlg
    tlg is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10,875
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    "Trump’s attorneys assert that he is the “privilege-holder” in the attorney relationship that is in jeopardy because of the FBI raid."

    Just that little inconvenient fact that both Trump and Cohen have admitted that Cohen has acted on Trump's behalf not as his attorney. So how many other times did that occur?
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    170
    For people not guilty of anything, they sure are acting guilty

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    170
    So Cohen's third client is Sean Hannity.
    Interesting, but it doesn't really change anything unless Trump and Hannity had a threesome sometime.
    Ugh.
    Gross.
    Last edited by rideit; 3 Days Ago at 11:08 AM.

  6. #6
    tlg
    tlg is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10,875
    Sean Hannity revealed as Michael Cohen's mystery third client - NY Daily News

    Cohen and his legal team had tried to withhold Hannity’s name — and only referred to him as unnamed client in a federal court filing they made earlier in the day.


    In the earlier filing on Monday, Cohen disclosed that he's given legal advice to three clients in 2017 and this year: Trump, Elliott Broidy and a third party who didn't want to be identified.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,752
    It's an interesting business model Cohen is running with. We have ambulance chasers and, well...

    "Broidy, a major GOP donor, resigned as the Republican National Committee’s deputy finance chair last week after it emerged he had paid $1.6 million to a Playboy model who became pregnant during an affair. Cohen arranged the deal."

  8. #8
    off the back
    Reputation: rufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,796
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    It's an interesting business model Cohen is running with. We have ambulance chasers and, well...

    "Broidy, a major GOP donor, resigned as the Republican National Committee’s deputy finance chair last week after it emerged he had paid $1.6 million to a Playboy model who became pregnant during an affair. Cohen arranged the deal."
    even worse, the same lawyer 'represented' both Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal. Likewise, he 'represented'the Playboy model knocked up by Broidy, and then called Cohen to get in touch with Broidy, and Cohen ended up representing him. So it seems as if they were working together to silence these women. and by doing so, perhaps opened themselves up to malpractice, fraud, and possibly even blackmail charges.
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.

  9. #9
    Trigger Warning
    Reputation: Local Hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,028
    The lawyer is a scumbag but that doesn't mean Trump shouldn't block as much as possible.

  10. #10
    tlg
    tlg is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10,875
    FOX is going to have a fun time explaining why Hannity was allowed to rail incessantly against the Cohen investigation, when he himself was a "client".
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  11. #11
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    18,183
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    FOX is going to have a fun time explaining why Hannity was allowed to rail incessantly against the Cohen investigation, when he himself was a "client".
    "Cognitive have you met dissonance? Dissonance this is Cognitive--you say you both work at FOX, oh well then you do know eachother."
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nealric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,483
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    It's an interesting business model Cohen is running with. We have ambulance chasers and, well...

    "Broidy, a major GOP donor, resigned as the Republican National Committee’s deputy finance chair last week after it emerged he had paid $1.6 million to a Playboy model who became pregnant during an affair. Cohen arranged the deal."
    Reminds me of the scene from Breaking Bad where Walter White and his partner are discussing the need to hire an attorney. A memorable line: "When you are a criminal, you don't want a criminal lawyer. You want a lawyer who is a criminal"

  13. #13
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    18,183
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    Reminds me of the scene from Breaking Bad where Walter White and his partner are discussing the need to hire an attorney. A memorable line: "When you are a criminal, you don't want a criminal lawyer. You want a lawyer who is a criminal"
    Well then they "better call Saul."
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Hero View Post
    The lawyer is a scumbag but that doesn't mean Trump shouldn't block as much as possible.
    This is why:

    "To paraphrase the effect of the argument: Let's let everyone potentially involved in a crime decide what evidence can or cannot be used against them."

  15. #15
    tlg
    tlg is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10,875
    Wonder if Hannity's wife was aware her husband was a client of the guy who is famous for working out hush money deals with porn stars and Playboy bunnies.
    #AwkwardDinnerTable
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  16. #16
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nealric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,483
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    This is why:

    "To paraphrase the effect of the argument: Let's let everyone potentially involved in a crime decide what evidence can or cannot be used against them."
    To be fair, Trump is well within his rights to assert privilege. It will be up to the Muller team to show that the crime-fraud exception applies to the extent that is the case.

  17. #17
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    To be fair, Trump is well within his rights to assert privilege. It will be up to the Muller team to show that the crime-fraud exception applies to the extent that is the case.
    Someone with a proven track record of thousands of lies should barely be afforded 'rights' ( in this context).
    He should have some, but not all.

    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...e=sectionfront

  18. #18
    tlg
    tlg is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10,875
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    Sean Hannity revealed as Michael Cohen's mystery third client - NY Daily News

    Cohen and his legal team had tried to withhold Hannity’s name — and only referred to him as unnamed client in a federal court filing they made earlier in the day.


    In the earlier filing on Monday, Cohen disclosed that he's given legal advice to three clients in 2017 and this year: Trump, Elliott Broidy and a third party who didn't want to be identified.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  19. #19
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: jimb100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    To be fair, Trump is well within his rights to assert privilege. It will be up to the Muller team to show that the crime-fraud exception applies to the extent that is the case.
    Trump can 'assert' all he wants. It will be up to the judge to determine if evidence collected can be used in a prosecution.

    As of now, Trump has not been charged with anything. Blocking the review of evidence is putting the cart before the horse.

  20. #20
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nealric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,483
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    Mr. Hannity seems unaware that "discussions about legal questions which [he] wanted [a lawyer's] input and perspective" create an attorney-client relationship regardless of whether you've signed a retainer agreement or paid money.

    It's like saying your doctor has never provided any treatment because he didn't charge you for diagnosing your illness.

  21. #21
    tlg
    tlg is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10,875
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    Mr. Hannity seems unaware that "discussions about legal questions which [he] wanted [a lawyer's] input and perspective" create an attorney-client relationship regardless of whether you've signed a retainer agreement or paid money.

    It's like saying your doctor has never provided any treatment because he didn't charge you for diagnosing your illness.
    Or if a lawyer provides work Pro bono.

    Or if your legal fees are paid for you through an anonomous LLC. Maybe by a foreign entity... say Ukraine.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  22. #22
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    141
    OH that was quite pleasing to see Hannity get named as the mystery client.

    A proper taint team should handle the filtering, definitely not Trump. If there's nothing to hide then he shouldn't have a problem eh?

  23. #23
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,487
    I can't help laughing that a "taint team" is going to have a say in Trump's future well-being.

  24. #24
    No lie, man!
    Reputation: frons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    I can't help laughing that a "taint team" is going to have a say in Trump's future well-being.
    I wonder if the team members wear ball caps and windbreakers with giant yellow lettering?
    Last edited by frons; 3 Days Ago at 01:55 PM.
    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners." - George Carlin

    "... we're rewarded for our ruthlessness and reprimanded for our truthfulness..." Aaron Lee Martin

    Being in the minority doesn't make you wrong, only unpopular.

  25. #25
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nealric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,483
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    I can't help laughing that a "taint team" is going to have a say in Trump's future well-being.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who smirked at the name.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Panic at the Gas Pump? WTF?
    By dave_gt in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 08:08 PM
  2. Panic and Pain: Losing my virginity in NH
    By the_gormandizer in forum Fixed/Single Speed
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 12:50 PM
  3. New Jersey Smells...this time it is news...EVERYBODY PANIC!
    By thatsmybush in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 08:55 AM
  4. I'm happy I have a front panic brake because
    By DoubleTap in forum Fixed/Single Speed
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 11:55 AM
  5. Frame size panic ~ importance of standover?
    By Vegancx in forum Cyclocross
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 01:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

roadbikereview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.