Idiot at large
    Apr 2010

Piers Morgan.... what country would he be welcomed?

The gun nuts want him deported.

The Brits don't want him back and thinks it would be hilarious for us to keep him

Does Canada want him, eh?
    2010 Specialized Secteur Elite upgraded with 32T cassette and does not have Stan's (yet)
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er upgraded with 36T cassette and Stan's Arch EX rims and tubeless. Considering a 1x10 upgrade
    2013 Cannondale CAADX-6 Tiagra upgraded to 32T cassette and Stan's Alpha 400 rims and tubeless
    2008/2009 Burton T6 156cm with Burton Triad Bindings & DC Judge boots

Dr. Buzz Killington
    To me Piers Morgan is the left's equivalent of Bill O' Reilly. Neither are that informed or insightful, but they have media appeal because they create entertainment by talking over the people they interview.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Go to 2:00 of last night's Piers Morgan interview of the man behind the "Export Piers Petition" to reach your own opinion of this 2nd Amendment advocate. In fact watch the entire 6 minutes of this video if you have the chance --- educational to say the least!

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.”

John Kenneth Galbraith

Motorator
    I saw the Piers Morgan show last night. Later in the show Dershowitz referred to the crazed maniac (anybody else pick up the Rush-like sound of his voice?) as an 'exhibit' similar to those found in courthouse trials.

Also, later in the show, one of the Kennedy offspring mentioned that Thomas Jefferson once said the 2nd Amendment should be reviewed every 20 years.

All in all, it was an entertaining show. Morgan is becoming one of my favorite hosts. His UK background gives him an interesting POV on America, and he very calmly asks questions which hit the mark square in the middle.
    Beam me up, baby.

xxl
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Go to 2:00 of last night's Piers Morgan interview of the man behind the "Export Piers Petition" to reach your own opinion of this 2nd Amendment advocate. In fact watch the entire 6 minutes of this video if you have the chance --- educational to say the least!

You're right, this was educational. I'd ask if Alex Jones was a WWF pro wrestler in a previous career, except that'd be an insult to pro wrestlers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SauronHimself View Post
    To me Piers Morgan is the left's equivalent of Bill O' Reilly. Neither are that informed or insightful, but they have media appeal because they create entertainment by talking over the people they interview.
    Pretty sure Ireland doesn't O'Reilly back!

feh
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorX91 View Post
    Alex Jones?
    Should be the poster boy for the NRA.
    What's the Matter with Kansas?

Motorator
    Step out of your bubble, watch the video and see who talks over whom...
    Beam me up, baby.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I think Piers is quite informed. His demeanor maybe over the top at times (he is British after all ), but he generally gets it when it comes to the "****ed up" side of America.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    GF Superfly 29er HT
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

Dr. Buzz Killington
    Quote Originally Posted by Starliner View Post
    Step out of your bubble, watch the video and see who talks over whom...
    This video is obviously an exception, but it isn't for a plethora of interviews he performs.

Motorator
    This video is obviously an exception, but it isn't for a plethora of interviews he performs.
    IMO he does keep the interviewee on topic and doesn't let people waste time going off in tangents. Watch his interview with Iran's Abmanijinidad (sp) sometime, he calmly and politely asks what we want him to ask, over and over again if he has to as he did with Ab*&$#dad.
    Beam me up, baby.

xxl
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    With a plethora of interviews Jones has performed where he does his impression of a reasonable human being, it should be a cakewalk for you to link to a few, yes?

You know, there are all sorts of whackjobs who've been able to hold it together for the duration of an interview; I once saw Jeffery Dahmer give an interview where, if you didn't speak English, you'd have never known how depraved he was.

How many balanced interviews does it take to offset a performance like he gave in front of Morgan, anyway? I'm a little rusty on my psychotic-to-reasonable exchange rates.

I see trees of green

Sonic Youth do The Fall

I'm putting this here just because it has about as much to do with the Alex Jones video as Alex Jones has to do with reality.

Banned forever.....or not
    ""The Second Amendment isn't there for duck hunting," a relatively calm Jones said at the beginning of a two-part, 15-minute interview. "It's there to protect us from tyrannical government and street thugs."

But things escalated rather quickly, with the interview becoming a one-sided, pro-gun tirade. Jones cut off Morgan at nearly every turn.

"I'm here to tell you," Jones yelled, pointing his finger at the talk show host, "1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms!"

Under Article III, Section 3, of the Constitution, any person who levies war against the United States or adheres to its enemies by giving them Aid and Comfort has committed treason within the meaning of the Constitution. The term aid and comfort refers to any act that manifests a betrayal of allegiance to the United States, such as furnishing enemies with arms, troops, transportation, shelter, or classified information. If a subversive act has any tendency to weaken the power of the United States to attack or resist its enemies, aid and comfort has been given.

Under Article III a person can levy war against the United States without the use of arms, weapons, or military equipment. Persons who play only a peripheral role in a conspiracy to levy war are still considered traitors under the Constitution if an armed rebellion against the United States results. After the U.S. Civil War, for example, all Confederate soldiers were vulnerable to charges of treason, regardless of their role in the secession or insurrection of the Southern states. No treason charges were filed against these soldiers, however, because President Andrew Johnson issued a universal Amnesty.

Treason is punishable by death. If a death sentence is not imposed, defendants face a minimum penalty of five years in prison and a $10,000 fine (18 U.S.C.A. § 2381). A person who is convicted of treason may not hold federal office at any time thereafter.

If Jones gets his wish, he better not go outside very often......(Boom)
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

Dr. Buzz Killington
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    With a plethora of interviews Jones has performed where he does his impression of a reasonable human being, it should be a cakewalk for you to link to a few, yes?
    I never said Jones was a reasonable human being. I stated my opinion that Piers Morgan's strategy is condescension and interruptions at least towards those who hold viewpoints with which he disagrees.

Heated Debate - "You're An Unbelievably STUPID Man Aren't You!" Piers Morgan To Pro-Gun Guest - YouTube

CNN's Piers Morgan gets mad at SAF's Alan Gottlieb for pointing out his true beliefs - YouTube

Jesse Ventura Debates Piers Morgan on Gun Control - YouTube

Piers Morgan Is A Dick To Penn Jillette (Part 1 of 2) - YouTube

Christine O'Donnell Walks Off Piers Morgan Interview - YouTube

Virginia Citizens Defense League On Piers Morgan MSM Gun Ban Control Propaganda - YouTube

Piers Morgan bullies John Lott, calls him a liar and does not let him explain his point - YouTube

Motorator
    The man is brutally honest with people, something I find rare and thus worth watching. As I said earlier, last night's program was a gas to watch - it had sleaze, it had notables reacting to the sleaze, it had the Maricopa County Sheriff talk about gun control (he's a law-and-order trueblood) and through it all, with every guest, Morgan scored points. The show was kickass, all things aside.
    Beam me up, baby.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Regardless if it is a exception or not ... Alex Jones as a insult to reasonable gun owners. Unfortunately Mr. Jones and his conspiracy laden thinking are however shared by millions of other Americans who want to "take back their country" - believe that defaulting on federal government notes is a good thing - uses phrases such as "death panels" to enrage anger and free as a mean to bully common sense, and seek to impose their values on the entire country as their strident vision of justice and freedom.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.”

John Kenneth Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by SauronHimself

true, but I wouldn't conflate Piers Morgan with "the left" (or anyone, for that matter). I don't think he has a fan base to speak of, much less all the books, arena tours, membership club, gift store merchandise and other windbag accouterment O'Reilly has.