Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Hero View Post
    Is it the United States's fault that North Korea is batspit crazy?
    Don't stop to look in a mirror

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    They those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The problem is you can't teach stupid and history is taught in a classroom.

off the back
    It's cool if NFL players refuse to stand for our anthem, even commendable. They are heroes. But if Pense doesn't stand to honor the murderous hermit nation then we have a real problem.
    Pense didn't stand for any nation, other than the US.
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    It's cool if NFL players refuse to stand for our anthem, even commendable. They are heroes. But if Pense doesn't stand to honor the murderous hermit nation then we have a real problem.
    You are ignoring the fact that the unified team also includes the athletes from the host nation. It was incredibly rude for our VP - a VIP guest of the host - to refuse to stand and help them celebrate their Olympic moment. To compound that by refusing to stand for any team except the US one puts us in a bad light at a moment when we need friends more than ever.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Both are acting in a political manner during a sports event. Conservatives attack the football player while giving Pence a pass. That's the real problem.

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    Is it the United States's fault that North Korea is batspit crazy?
    No, but it is the United States' fault that our President and Vice President are batspit crazy.

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    Both are acting in a political manner during a sports event. Conservatives attack the football player while giving Pence a pass. That's the real problem.
    Pense is officially representing the US at an important international event. The NFL players are representing only themselves.

What the what???

A political lightweight

Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    Pense is officially representing the US at an important international event. The NFL players are representing only themselves.
    Ummm... no... on multiple levels... not the least of which is “Pence”. If you put as “s” in there it’s eventually going to be “Penis”...

The NFL players represent more than themselves when they choose to take a knee, just maybe not the entire country.

But the anthem argument/comparison doesn’t really work. The freedom the anthem represents includes the freedom to protest by doing things like taking a knee.

Pence is in a foreign country as a guest and representative of the nation. There, he failed miserably.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Opus51569; 4 Days Ago at 05:32 AM.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - MLK

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    Ummm... no... on multiple levels... not the least of which is “Pence”. If you put as “s” in there it’s eventually going to be “Penis”...

The NFL players represent more than themselves when they choose to take a knee, just maybe not the entire country.

But the anthem argument/comparison doesn’t really work. The freedom the anthem represents includes the freedom to protest by doing things like taking a knee.

Pence is in a foreign country as a guest and representative of the nation. There, he failed miserably.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I thought it was Pence, but an earlier post had misspelled it and so it made me think that I had it wrong.

You have 50+ players on 32 NFL teams. These guys were not chosen by the public to represent them, they were chosen by coaches and managers because of their athletic ability. They represent no one but themselves.

Pence was/is officially representing the United States at an important international event and he has insulted our hosts, as well as the rest of the world. He is a schmuck.

Trigger Warning
    I don't know or care if it is Pence or Pense. The moral equivalency of our country with North Korea is troubling but what can we do? Some people just hate America.

This thread needs more gifs of the North Korean Cheerleaders and that sassy minister of propaganda who gave Pense/Pence the side-eye!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    Some are concerned the VP will uphold the Bible above the Constitution.

Sharia Law is sheep's-clothing?
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

gus68
    Oct 2010
    i just dont understand the support for the act tough politics. I dont think people appreciate history. Austria, germany, russia, france and england all had the opportunity to show restraint prior to world war one. No one did and it cost almost 20 million lives. What does NK have to lose?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12