Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

A political lightweight

VP Mike Pense --- not ready for prime time.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/12/asia/...ntl/index.html
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

banned
    Jul 2010
    I would have favored a more diplomatic approach to NK, an iron fist in a velvet glove.

That said I think it is stupid to characterize this as a Mike Pense thing. I'm no Pense fanboy and see no reason to defend him; but putting it this way is cheap and not the best way to discuss the real issue: How should we deal with a nuclear NK?

Of course, policy discussions are hard. Cheap political points are easier.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Speaking of hard political discussions, you have evidence VP Pense has done much of anything well?
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

off the back
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Speaking of hard political discussions, you have evidence VP Pense has done much of anything well?
    He does seem to have drifted about underneath Meuller's radar fairly effectively.
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    He does seem to have drifted about underneath Meuller's radar fairly effectively.
    Or... Mueller is good about not having leaks.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Hero View Post
    I would have favored a more diplomatic approach to NK, an iron fist in a velvet glove.

That said I think it is stupid to characterize this as a Mike Pense thing. I'm no Pense fanboy and see no reason to defend him; but putting it this way is cheap and not the best way to discuss the real issue: How should we deal with a nuclear NK?

Of course, policy discussions are hard. Cheap political points are easier.
    You hit the nail on the head. We need great minds and classy statesmen to work through this, not an insecure blowhard who brags about the size of his missile and buttons. I don't know the answer, but I do know that 3-d chess is an understatement in this situation. We're operating under conditions where sanctions won't work, any sort of military operations are likely to be met with nuclear force (which would be a shitshow the likes of which the world has never seen), and half of our domestic voting population worships the ground that our president walks on.

Were it me, I'd do whatever I could to get China and Russia on board in cooperation with the US...from what I can tell, China's a complete wildcard, and Russia is at least tangentially leaning toward NK (in this situation). And, I don't think Trump has it in him to lead us out of this situation, because he won't cooperate with anyone toward a common goal.
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Pence was given a golden opportunity to meet privately (saving face is a key to Far East relationships) with a NK power broker which at the Olympics. Instead he was a good Trump stooge playing showmanship hard ball.

But after his "missing in action" Obamacare repeal and replace performance last year, why should anyone with two brain cells be surprised.

What the what???
    Maybe he’s too busy trying to channel Jesus?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...APPLENEWS00001

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy... wait.

xxl
    C'mon, let's lay off the Pencel. He's always been very candid about judiciously avoiding hanging out with women, because he'd get, ah, tempted, and with such a cherry blossom of a woman, so close, so...grab-able, it's best not to be too careful.

I applaud Pence for recognizing the danger!
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Omarosa Says a President Pence Would Leave People Begging for Trump

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ging-for-trump

Radical religious, hyper-partisan VP.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member

Some scary $#it!

he thinks Jesus tells him to say things.

Deuteronomy 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”
    21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken.

I'm pretty sure the case could be made that Pence should be put to death under Biblical principals.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

When will Omarosa run? 2020, or will she wait until 2024?

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    Omarosa vs Oprah?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Right after Romney finally wins.

banned
    Jul 2010
    You hit the nail on the head. We need great minds and classy statesmen to work through this, not an insecure blowhard who brags about the size of his missile and buttons. I don't know the answer, but I do know that 3-d chess is an understatement in this situation. We're operating under conditions where sanctions won't work, any sort of military operations are likely to be met with nuclear force (which would be a shitshow the likes of which the world has never seen), and half of our domestic voting population worships the ground that our president walks on.

Were it me, I'd do whatever I could to get China and Russia on board in cooperation with the US...from what I can tell, China's a complete wildcard, and Russia is at least tangentially leaning toward NK (in this situation). And, I don't think Trump has it in him to lead us out of this situation, because he won't cooperate with anyone toward a common goal.
    If only it were that easy. Isn't NK a proxy dispute with China and Russia?

RoadBikeReview Member

Oh boy.

Pence often quipped that he was "a Christian, a conservative and a Republican -- in that order." Pence as governor was forced to sign a law banning discrimination based on sexual or gender identity after LGBT groups joined with moderate members of his party and business groups to decry his Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

Paul Ryan is next in line, the John Gault character, the guy who gives "Atlas Shrugged" to all his assistants.

Y'all are better off with the Donald, believe it. He doesn't bother old communists like me nearly as much as millennials. We've seen his kind before and survived intact.

Leftists are going to have a hard time convincing blue collar Trump supporters that the same group championing LGBT rights also champion firing heterosexual males for patting the secretary on the back and catching a bra strap, as Garrison Keillor admitted, ending his career.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    If only it were that easy. Isn't NK a proxy dispute with China and Russia?
    Inasmuch as every dispute over the past 70 years has been.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Pence: Americans "can be confident" in 2016 election results

Vice President Mike Pence said that foreign interference didn't impact the results of the 2016 presidential election — and that Americans "can be confident" in the election results at an Axios event Wednesday afternoon. He did, however, admit that "there were efforts by Russia" to impact the election and highlighted forthcoming efforts for a "hardening" of election infrastructure.

banned
    Jul 2010
    I just want to know for sure, has Kim Yo Sung stolen the political gold medal?

And we're all in love with her for that vicious side eye.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/k...ics/ar-BBIXi1D

Is this because we enjoy the rhythmic clapping of the cheerleaders? Or because Kim's sister is in charge of the ministry of propaganda in a hermit nation that starves its people. https://nypost.com/2018/02/11/the-pe...-the-olympics/

RoadBikeReview Member
    "It would have been better if Pence had not come at all," wrote David Meeks of USA Today, who described the scene as an "embarrassment" and a mark of disrespect to the South Koreans. "By declining to stand and recognize athletes of the Korean unified team as they walked together during the opening ceremony, Pence not only offended the host country, he sent a message that to the Trump Administration, not even common courtesy matters more than childish politics."

banned
    Jul 2010
    It's cool if NFL players refuse to stand for our anthem, even commendable. They are heroes. But if Pense doesn't stand to honor the murderous hermit nation then we have a real problem.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yep --- bullies and their VP's make bad negotiators putting America in harms way.

Is this because we enjoy the rhythmic clapping of the cheerleaders?
    They are clapping as if their lives depended on it.

banned
    Jul 2010
    Yep --- bullies and their VP's make bad negotiators putting America in harms way.
    Is it the United States's fault that North Korea is batspit crazy?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Is it the United States's fault that North Korea is batspit crazy?
    Yep - its crazy to play "my way or the highway" when thoughtful diplomacy away from the cameras is an alternative.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast