Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    waterproof*
    Reputation: Creakyknees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    40,950

    The president, a bicycle enthusiast, received the uniform of the Israeli national cyc

    It's good to be Prez, hmmm? Though I understand Presidents can't or don't keep any of the gifts they receive like this.

    ===========



    "The president, a bicycle enthusiast, received the uniform of the Israeli national cycle team, a CamelBak-type hydration pack for bikers, and a GPS for bicycle handlebars, with trails of Bush's Texas ranch and riding paths in Israel already uploaded.

    Turned on, it showed US and Israeli flags and the sentence: "To my friend George Bush from one athlete to another, happy trails." "
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

  2. #2
    Bickety bam!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,544

    Man...

    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees
    It's good to be Prez, hmmm? Though I understand Presidents can't or don't keep any of the gifts they receive like this.

    ===========



    "The president, a bicycle enthusiast, received the uniform of the Israeli national cycle team, a CamelBak-type hydration pack for bikers, and a GPS for bicycle handlebars, with trails of Bush's Texas ranch and riding paths in Israel already uploaded.

    Turned on, it showed US and Israeli flags and the sentence: "To my friend George Bush from one athlete to another, happy trails." "
    Man, that's one ugly kit.

  3. #3
    For Rent
    Reputation: Davoosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    314
    So the jews give Bush a cycling jersey and a GPS with trails of his Texas ranch? I mean how did the israelis get GPS data for his ranch trails?

    Looks like some unchecked mossad agents were in Texas lately.
    You mean you can't use a road bike on a downhill course?

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation: colker1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,906
    davoosie is already here. where is bahueh? this thread promises multiple anti bush and anti israel orgasms at the same time!

  5. #5
    Bickety bam!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,544

    That took...

    Quote Originally Posted by Davoosie
    So the jews give Bush a cycling jersey and a GPS with trails of his texas ranch? Wow, there must be some sort of security threat in there somewhere? I mean how did the israelis get GPS data for his ranch trails?

    Looks like some unchecked mossad agents were in Texas lately.
    http://cryptome.org/bush-ranch.htm

    That took me about 3 seconds to find on the interwebs.

  6. #6
    For Rent
    Reputation: Davoosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolialover
    http://cryptome.org/bush-ranch.htm

    That took me about 3 seconds to find on the interwebs.
    Exactly! Seems to me that this is a huge hole in security. I don't see any reason why GPS data to the the Presidents house should be publicly available.
    You mean you can't use a road bike on a downhill course?

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tcruse11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    609
    Yeah it is available. The owner of LBS here in Waco usually goes out to hit the trails with bush at least once a year. He told me that he downloaded the maps to his garmin from some website before he went.
    “It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling.” -- Pirsig

  8. #8
    Steaming piles of opinion
    Reputation: danl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    10,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Davoosie
    Exactly! Seems to me that this is a huge hole in security. I don't see any reason why GPS data to the the Presidents house should be publicly available.
    I don't see any reason it shouldn't.

    There are so many other residences in Crawford, Tx (population: 705) that have big black helicopters parked out front that make this somehow valuable information to the terrorists?

    Besides which, flight restrictions obviously need to be public. No good to be just flyin' around and suddenly get shot out of the sky for no apparent reason.
    A good habit is as hard to break as a bad one..

  9. #9
    Bickety bam!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,544

    Well...

    Quote Originally Posted by Davoosie
    Exactly! Seems to me that this is a huge hole in security. I don't see any reason why GPS data to the the Presidents house should be publicly available.
    Well, since there are lots of people in the world that know where the President lives most of the time, you know, the big White House in DC, and as others have mentioned, Crawford isn't exactly the biggest place in the world, it's not too hard to figure out where he's at. And let's not forget, it's not as if his place in Crawford, or Maine for that reason (his Dad's summer house and all), or his place in DC is sitting out in the open, and unprotected. There is no hole in security.

    An example. Back when GHW Bush was President, he was at the house in Maine. I, being from Maine, and having relatives in Kennebunkport went down that weekend to hang out with some family and friends. We drove out to Walker's Point to do a drive by of the house, see if we could get a glimpse of GHW Bush. About 1 mile away from the house, there was a big black Suburban in the middle of the road. Uniformed Secret Service guys. They stopped us, told us not to stop at all, until the next Suburban, and check in the with the guys on the far side, and so on. Some other friends of mine not with me, decided, hey, we'll stop in the middle of the road. You know, to just see what happens if we do. About 20 seconds after they stopped, they were on the ground, MP-5s in the backs of their necks, and a helicopter on the deck. They let them go a short while later, but lesson learned. Do what the secret service tells you regardless.

    I think Bush is probably the safest person in the world.

    On another note, Cheney had his official residence in Washington removed from Google Earth maps. If you go to check for it, it's not on the maps. True story. It's not as if nobody knows where he lives and all. Same security details follows him around as Bush though, so no worries there.

  10. #10
    Back from the dead
    Reputation: mohair_chair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    20,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Davoosie
    Exactly! Seems to me that this is a huge hole in security. I don't see any reason why GPS data to the the Presidents house should be publicly available.
    I don't see any reason why the President needs GPS data for his own ranch. It's not that big and complicated. Does he get lost a lot? When he returns from a ride without asking the Secret Service for help, does he put up the "Mission Accomplished" banner?

  11. #11
    the_rydster
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Davoosie
    So the jews give Bush a cycling jersey and a GPS with trails of his Texas ranch? I mean how did the israelis get GPS data for his ranch trails?

    Looks like some unchecked mossad agents were in Texas lately.
    What do you mean 'the jews'?

  12. #12
    banned
    Reputation: colker1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,906
    Quote Originally Posted by the_rydster
    What do you mean 'the jews'?
    \
    what else do you expect from "the ranger"?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

EUROBIKE

Hot Deals

Latest RoadBike Articles


Latest Videos

RoadbikeReview on Facebook