Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004

Saturday Morning Loss of Freedom Rant!

This just actually happened.

I awake, we crack the slider open cause it's hot under the covers and we want to make love. ...Later, I hear a coyote making an awful fuss. We listen, it happens a lot, I live overlooking a wild canyon on the American River. It goes on. And on. I get up and peer out the slider. It goes on. I go get binoculars, it goes on. Turkeys across the river are on alert, but they're not moving anywhere, it sounds like it's below and east of me, but not far.
    This fuss the coyote is making continues, it's now been 10 minutes which is now a statistical anomaly for coyote fussing according to a paper I researched on the internet.
    Now what should I do? Go back to hot under the covers? No. I live in an area with all kinds of wild things and if an animal is injured or trapped somehow I'd like to go evaluate the situation.
    The fussing continues.
    Should I call fish and game? No, they won't come out and investigate a coyote in a natural area making noise. They would laugh at me and probably chew my ass however for attempting to waste state resources.
    20 minutes now of coyote 'chipping'
    What I would do. I could put on my pants, strap on a 9mm (enough here, nothing larger than mountain lion possible), jump on my motorcycle (BMW GS, very capable on trail), ride down and see what's going on.
    That's what I'd do, if I had $25,000 to make bail.
    I can think of at least 4 laws I'd have to break to just go do what I'd have done in any other place I've lived my entire life.
    ****ing California.

Still fussing. I did jump in the truck with a hunting knife, a ski-pole and a cell phone, walked to the area where I could hear the coyote and then needed to turn back because I would have had to go into a more remote area to investigate further and unarmed, I'd be stupid to do that.
    If Fish and Game were to come, which they won't, they'd be armed.

He's still fussing and it's been an hour.

RoadBikeReview Member
    better pack up and move to the nearest big city ASAP, you seem a little soft to be out in the woods.
    Not banned yet.

warrrrrrrgh!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthman_1 View Post
    This just actually happened.

I awake, we crack the slider open cause it's hot under the covers and we want to make love. ...Later, I hear a coyote making an awful fuss. We listen, it happens a lot, I live overlooking a wild canyon on the American River. It goes on. And on. I get up and peer out the slider. It goes on. I go get binoculars, it goes on. Turkeys across the river are on alert, but they're not moving anywhere, it sounds like it's below and east of me, but not far.
    This fuss the coyote is making continues, it's now been 10 minutes which is now a statistical anomaly for coyote fussing according to a paper I researched on the internet.
    Now what should I do? Go back to hot under the covers? No. I live in an area with all kinds of wild things and if an animal is injured or trapped somehow I'd like to go evaluate the situation.
    The fussing continues.
    Should I call fish and game? No, they won't come out and investigate a coyote in a natural area making noise. They would laugh at me and probably chew my ass however for attempting to waste state resources.
    20 minutes now of coyote 'chipping'
    What I would do. I could put on my pants, strap on a 9mm (enough here, nothing larger than mountain lion possible), jump on my motorcycle (BMW GS, very capable on trail), ride down and see what's going on.
    That's what I'd do, if I had $25,000 to make bail.
    I can think of at least 4 laws I'd have to break to just go do what I'd have done in any other place I've lived my entire life.
    ****ing California.

Still fussing. I did jump in the truck with a hunting knife, a ski-pole and a cell phone, walked to the area where I could hear the coyote and then needed to turn back because I would have had to go into a more remote area to investigate further and unarmed, I'd be stupid to do that.
    If Fish and Game were to come, which they won't, they'd be armed.

He's still fussing and it's been an hour.
    don't be a wuss.
    I hate you all

j/k lol kthxbye!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by foto View Post
    don't be a wuss.
    Thank you for your assistance. It's exactly what I would expect from a government official.

So not being a wuss would entail;
    -engaging in an increased risk situation solely for reasons of bureaucracy
    -violate several laws and needlessly endanger my future solely for reasons of bureaucracy
    -stay in my home and immunize myself to suffering around me...like you folks in the big city do regularly...
    Last edited by stealthman_1; 01-05-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Fecal indicator
    if I can endure the constant yapping of the dozens of stupid dogs in my hood, I think you can put up with ONE coyote.
    eff all y'all...

warrrrrrrgh!!!
    Thank you for your assistance. It's exactly what I would expect from a government official.

So not being a wuss would entail;
    -engaging in an increased risk situation solely for reasons of bureaucracy
    -violate several laws and needlessly endanger my future solely for reasons of bureaucracy
    -stay in my home and immune myself to suffering around me...like you folks in the big city do regularly...
    that's exactly what a wuss would say.

You said yourself Fish and Game isn't coming, so go get your piece and shoot the dog. What are you a-feard of? The invisible hand of the law?
    I hate you all

j/k lol kthxbye!

RoadBikeReview Member
    So your afraid to take a walk in the woods with out a gun? Just take a walk and see whats up.

AM999's Liberal Facist
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    if I can endure the constant yapping of the dozens of stupid dogs in my hood, I think you can put up with ONE coyote.
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

RoadBikeReview Member
    you need to be armed to check out a coyote?
    big scary dog, huh?

excuse me while I go LMFAO....
    Not banned yet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bahueh View Post
    you need to be armed to check out a coyote?
    big scary dog, huh?

excuse me while I go LMFAO....
    Ever heard of rabies?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    that's exactly what a wuss would say.

You said yourself Fish and Game isn't coming, so go get your piece and shoot the dog. What are you a-feard of? The invisible hand of the law?
    So you are saying that I should violate state and local firearms laws because in your opinion they're silly in this situation? I'd also technically be poaching most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by pulser955 View Post
    So your afraid to take a walk in the woods with out a gun? Just take a walk and see whats up.
    The simple what are you afraid of taunt. Really? That's what you've got? Are you afraid to unbuckle your seat belt at 80mph? Of course not, but it would be a needless additional risk. If I chose to enter a situation with a wounded animal in an area of frequent mountain lion activity why wouldn't I go armed if I could?
    I could go naked, but why would I with alternatives available? Is Fish and Game and your local LEO afraid?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    Ever heard of rabies?
    Bingo. That's actually the most likely scenario for the activity I've heard this morning. But the keen problem solvers here have no ability to actually judge a situation.
    We've created a society that can tell you the answer to anything, but actually knows nothing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    You don't really know how many coyotes may have been involved. One may have gotten caught in a trap but that wouldn't mean it was alone. It could also have been rabid, strange behavior and all being involved.

RoadBikeReview Member
    So you are saying that I should violate state and local firearms laws because in your opinion they're silly in this situation? I'd also technically be poaching most likely.

The simple what are you afraid of taunt. Really? That's what you've got? Are you afraid to unbuckle your seat belt at 80mph? Of course not, but it would be a needless additional risk. If I chose to enter a situation with a wounded animal in an area of frequent mountain lion activity why wouldn't I go armed if I could?
    I could go naked, but why would I with alternatives available? Is Fish and Game and your local LEO afraid?
    I'm not understanding your rant here. Your at home right? So you now can't get dressed and cant take a walk in the woods with out a gun? I live in Colorado my house is backed up to the foot hills of the rockies. We have really big mountain lions here. I even have a pack of coyotes that roam around here. Guess what I don't have a gun and I even mountain bike at night and see them all the time. Stop acting like child and go see whats wrong.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm not understanding your rant here. Your at home right? So you now can't get dressed and cant take a walk in the woods with out a gun? I live in Colorado my house is backed up to the foot hills of the rockies. We have really big mountain lines here. I even have a pack of coyotes that roam around here. Guess what I don't have a gun and I even mountain bike at night and see them all the time. Stop acting like child and go see whats wrong.
    Mountain lines have been known to attack cyclists.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    I'm not understanding your rant here. Your at home right? So you now can't get dressed and cant take a walk in the woods with out a gun? I live in Colorado my house is backed up to the foot hills of the rockies. We have really big mountain lions here. I even have a pack of coyotes that roam around here. Guess what I don't have a gun and I even mountain bike at night and see them all the time. Stop acting like child and go see whats wrong.
    You really don't have much of a clue do you?

warrrrrrrgh!!!
    I am saying you're being silly in this situation, lamenting your "loss of freedom". If the government decreed it was illegal to open your window when "doing it", would you never open it again?

The only thing not free here is your mind. Either be free of the law and go check out the situation, or be free of the situation, call Fish and Game, and go live your life. It's you that has (have?) enslaved yourself.
    I hate you all

j/k lol kthxbye!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Actually I have a really good one. I was raised with a vary healthy respect for nature and animals. I have spent most of my life in the woods observing lots of different types of animals. You don't have to walk right up to the dam thing and get bitten. You can get close enough to figure out whats going on and still be safe.

Fecal indicator
    You don't really know how many coyotes may have been involved. One may have gotten caught in a trap but that wouldn't mean it was alone. It could also have been rabid, strange behavior and all being involved.
    whatevers, the sounds a pack of coyotes produce aren't any worse than the gawd-awful noises that a bunch of little lap dogs with separation anxiety issues or hyper-sensitivity to squirrels can make...

obnoxious yipping is obnoxious yipping...
    eff all y'all...

RoadBikeReview Member
    whatevers, the sounds a pack of coyotes produce aren't any worse than the gawd-awful noises that a bunch of little lap dogs with separation anxiety issues or hyper-sensitivity to squirrels can make...

obnoxious yipping is obnoxious yipping...
    Coyotes yipping aren't a particularly fearsome sound but you can leave my Chihuahua out of this.

AM999's Liberal Facist
    Coyotes yipping aren't a particularly fearsome sound but you can leave my Chihuahua out of this.
    Top secret photo of Snakebit:

Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ever heard of rabies?
    ever heard of putting on your big boy pants and just going for a bike ride instead of imitating an impotent American male who needs to be armed to interfere in what is obviously a benign issue...

who the hell said anything about getting close enough to be bitten?
    Not banned yet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Top secret photo of Snakebit:

Not a bad likeness but my baby is prettier than that.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I really dont' see any "loss of freedom" here either...

how about putting on your big boy pants and going for a ride instead?
    the noise will stop all on its own, just as surely as it started.

you have a contrived problem you made up in your head, of which you apparently want to blame on some other problem you believe you have (fish and game?).

you have to have better things to do on a Saturday...
    Not banned yet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    It's you that has (have?) enslaved yourself.
    pre-freakin'-cisely....
    Not banned yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast