Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    33,252

    Shiuld Julian Assange be executed?

    Wikileaks founder Assange, still ensconced in the Ecuadoran embassy in London, hasn't been able to quash a warrant from Sweden, and is fighting extradition to there, because he thinks it might lead to extradition to the United States, where he could conceivably be charged with a capital crime, and possibly executed for it.

    Simple question: Should We The People kill him for what he's done?

    Bonus question: What about Edward Snowden?

  2. #2
    Ricardo Cabeza
    Reputation: Andy69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    17,794
    Neither one has committed a crime against the American people. They have pissed off the government and those in power, which is not the same thing.

    They are both heroes.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

    SuperAndy's Garage

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Snakebit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    68,572
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Wikileaks founder Assange, still ensconced in the Ecuadoran embassy in London, hasn't been able to quash a warrant from Sweden, and is fighting extradition to there, because he thinks it might lead to extradition to the United States, where he could conceivably be charged with a capital crime, and possibly executed for it.

    Simple question: Should We The People kill him for what he's done?

    Bonus question: What about Edward Snowden?
    He would probably get a prison term, we don't execute spies anymore.

  4. #4
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    33,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    He would probably get a prison term, we don't execute spies anymore.

    We don't, or we haven't for awhile?

    I will admit, I haven't checked for, um, ever, and it doesn't come up much, but IIRC, violations of the Espionage Act are technically treasonous, and thus Constitutionally-mandated as possible capital offenses.

    Speaking of capital offenses, my Bearcats' fourth quarter handoff (not literally, they gave the game away through a deft combo of pick-sixes and fading D) against Houston was pretty close.

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    They are both heroes.
    What is heroic about publishing the credit card and passport data of thousands of people?

    What is heroic about exposing the names of hundreds of confidential informants, resulting in their death?

    Taliban Seeks Vengeance in Wake of WikiLeaks

    Assange was gleeful about this. He said at the time

    “If an Afghan civilian helps coalition forces, he deserves to die.”
    What is heroic about exposing the personal info of more than one million Turkish women?

    What is heroic about raping women?
    Last edited by Doctor Falsetti; 09-16-2016 at 10:40 AM.

  6. #6
    gazing from the shadows
    Reputation: QuiQuaeQuod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    25,606
    No and no.
    .
    Stout beers under trees, please.

  7. #7
    Not Banned
    Reputation: atpjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    48,806
    Assange has released some stupid stuff and put lots of people @ risk

    Snowden was just whistle blowing

    neither should be executed but Assange needs to answer for what he has done
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

    still not figgering on biggering

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Snakebit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    68,572
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    We don't, or we haven't for awhile?

    I will admit, I haven't checked for, um, ever, and it doesn't come up much, but IIRC, violations of the Espionage Act are technically treasonous, and thus Constitutionally-mandated as possible capital offenses.

    Speaking of capital offenses, my Bearcats' fourth quarter handoff (not literally, they gave the game away through a deft combo of pick-sixes and fading D) against Houston was pretty close.
    We don't execute deserters anymore either, just cut their pecker off and call them Maam.

    Houston is full of surprises this year. I hope the Big 12 lets them in. Of course, their coach will soon be swallowed up by one of the big boys.

  9. #9
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    33,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    We don't execute deserters anymore either, just cut their pecker off and call them Maam.

    Houston is full of surprises this year. I hope the Big 12 lets them in. Of course, their coach will soon be swallowed up by one of the big boys.


    Hmm, seems like cruel and unusual punishment, and a mite sexist.

    We played pretty well, really, but for the last six minutes or so. Sometimes I wonder about Tuberville, and whether we should've gone a different direction; most times, I don't--try as we might, we're just not a football skool. I think it's hard to be one when you're a commuter school.

  10. #10
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    18,672
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Hmm, seems like cruel and unusual punishment, and a mite sexist.

    We played pretty well, really, but for the last six minutes or so. Sometimes I wonder about Tuberville, and whether we should've gone a different direction; most times, I don't--try as we might, we're just not a football skool. I think it's hard to be one when you're a commuter school.

    Still strappin' the old chin strap on for the Bearcats are we...
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Snakebit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    68,572
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Hmm, seems like cruel and unusual punishment, and a mite sexist.

    We played pretty well, really, but for the last six minutes or so. Sometimes I wonder about Tuberville, and whether we should've gone a different direction; most times, I don't--try as we might, we're just not a football skool. I think it's hard to be one when you're a commuter school.
    Parity has given small schools the chance to find a new coach with a good idea to build a program. It's a house of cards though, some power will lure him away with gold, jewels and concubines and the small school is back to square one. We live for that one glorious year though.

  12. #12
    Cycling Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,861
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    Assange has released some stupid stuff and put lots of people @ risk

    Snowden was just whistle blowing

    neither should be executed but Assange needs to answer for what he has done
    Spot on.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

  13. #13
    Cycling Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    We don't execute deserters anymore either, just cut their pecker off and call them Maam.
    Chelsea Manning never deserted.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: mapeiboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    We don't execute deserters anymore either, just cut their pecker off and call them Maam.

    Houston is full of surprises this year. I hope the Big 12 lets them in. Of course, their coach will soon be swallowed up by one of the big boys.
    He will die in the prison with a heart attack .

  15. #15
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Snakebit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    68,572
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    Chelsea Manning never deserted.
    Yes she did. If this is how she was born she was Chelsea when she was Bradley, hang both of 'em.

  16. #16
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,694

  17. #17
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,694
    Judge shreds the sexual predator and Russian stooge.

    “He appears to consider himself above the normal rules of law and wants justice only if it goes in his favor.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ant?CMP=twt_gu

    Odd how some here used to defend this idiot

  18. #18
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: mtrac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,247
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Simple question: Should We The People kill him for what he's done?

    Bonus question: What about Edward Snowden?
    WikiLeaks is a hostile intelligence service and FSB front. Normally, I'd still say no, he shouldn't be executed; however, once you mention Snowden I wouldn't care if they executed Assange with Snowden sitting on his lap.

  19. #19
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,694
    https://theintercept.com/2018/02/14/...clinton-trump/

    Leaked DMs from a private Twitter group with WikiLeaks and its most loyal supporters shows


    • They wanted the GOP to win the 2016 election
    • They are a bunch of trolls
    • They are anti-semitic
    • Filled with rampant misogyny, sexist attacks on feminists
    • They are transphobic


    Deplorable

  20. #20
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: STRANA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    308
    Those points are they not the check list to get a free #MAGA had? I mean $40 hat!

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    They those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The problem is you can't teach stupid and history is taught in a classroom.

Similar Threads

  1. Julian Assange. Wth?
    By badge118 in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-23-2012, 08:30 AM
  2. Executed or crossfire, does it really matter?
    By Milk-Bone in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 02:07 PM
  3. Julian Assange....
    By physasst in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 09:15 AM
  4. A good idea poorly executed...........
    By Len J in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 05:32 PM
  5. Julian Death March 4-12 and Julian Bicycle Festival 5-3&4
    By richwolf in forum Southern California
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 08:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

roadbikereview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.