gazing from the shadows

So, Mitt is going to tout his time as a Mormon Bishop.

At the convention.

Good choice, or bad choice? It is certainly a big change in strategy for him.

How to approach his religion, a topic that he usually avoids speaking about beyond the most general terms, is a question that has long divided his campaign staff. But in the end, they decided to confront it head on. In addition to the invocation, Mr. Romney’s work as a bishop in the Mormon Church will be on display.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/20/us...pagewanted=all

Note, that link is about the convention and staging, mostly.

Me, I think "work in the Mormon Church" is probably a net plus for him. But "work as a Bishop in the Mormon Church" is bad for him.

And yes, I know that "bishop" does not mean what it means in the Catholic church... but do you think a majority of voters will understand that? Or will they just react to the label?
    Stout beers under trees, please.

xxl
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    At the convention.

Good choice, or bad choice? It is certainly a big change in strategy for him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/20/us...pagewanted=all

Note, that link is about the convention and staging, mostly.

Me, I think "work in the Mormon Church" is probably a net plus for him. But "work as a Bishop in the Mormon Church" is bad for him.

And yes, I know that "bishop" does not mean what it means in the Catholic church... but do you think a majority of voters will understand that? Or will they just react to the label?

Is Moroni going to give the keynote address?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Well if Mit doesn't win the election, He's got that being a god of his own universe thing going for him in the afterlife. I've heard that even includes a dozen women that remain eternally pregnant.
    Last edited by walter2007; 08-20-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Call me a Fred
    Is Mitt going to introduce his other wives?
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBiker View Post
    Is Mitt going to introduce his other wives?
    Is he going to tell us about his spiritual wives also?
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    on a serious note, i think mitt should absolutely stop being so afraid to show us who he is, religion and all.

he spends so much energy hiding from his own record, his own thoughts, his own religion. while i tend to HATE the politics of the LDS, i can at least respect the guy for being honest for once.