Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 22232425 LastLast
    Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by feh View Post
    It's pretty clear Trump is working for Putin at this point. Only people w/ their heads buried in the sand would say otherwise.

Let me repeat that: The POTUS is working for Putin. This is what things have come to. And Republicans don't care.
    Long as it doesn't get in the way of tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations, right?

And to think the GOP of the old days would've blown a gasket at being in-effect in Russia's back pocket. How times (and parties) change.
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    DANG!! Must be a lot more witches.

Mueller requests 150 blank subpoenas in Manafort case
    Special counsel Robert Mueller is asking for 150 blank subpoenas in the case surrounding former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

The request would cover 75 potential subpoenas for witnesses, according to the Washington Examiner, which added that recipients must appear on July 25 to testify.

The request for the subpoenas was filed Tuesday in Virginia, where Manafort resides.

The special counsel also filed a request for 70 blank subpoenas in May.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Trump's campaign manager is in prison. Trump's campaign manager is in prison. Trump's campaign manager is in prison. Trump's campaign manager is in prison. Trump's campaign manager is in prison. Trump's campaign manager is in prison. Trump's campaign manager is in prison. Trump's campaign manager is in prison.
    Last edited by Doctor Falsetti; 5 Days Ago at 08:22 AM.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Locked him up!
    Locked him up!
    Locked him up!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Trump's campaign manger is in prison. Trump's campaign manger is in prison. Trump's campaign manger is in prison. Trump's campaign manger is in prison. Trump's campaign manger is in prison. Trump's campaign manger is in prison.Trump's campaign manger is in prison. Trump's campaign manger is in prison. Trump's campaign manger is in prison.
    Manger, manager, or mangler...make up my mind!

off the back
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Long as it doesn't get in the way of tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations, right?

And to think the GOP of the old days would've blown a gasket at being in-effect in Russia's back pocket. How times (and parties) change.
    Everything's fungible if there's money to be grifted.
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Trump's campaign manager is in prison. Trump's campaign manager is in prison. Trump's campaign manager is in prison. Trump's campaign manager is in prison. Trump's campaign manager is in prison. Trump's campaign manager is in prison. Trump's campaign manager is in prison. Trump's campaign manager is in prison.
    Holy ****, guys
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    Holy ****, guys
    yeah man. BAD! Trump claims innocence. He skates. Tough, huh?

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    yeah man. BAD! Trump claims innocence. He skates. Tough, huh?
    And he should know, HE WAS THERE!

It isn't like he's a serial liar or anything who lied about his crowd size, or lied about his height, or his own weight, or whether his staff had ever met Russian lawyers, or who is responsible for his own immigration policy, or who his tax cuts benefit, or who in fact won the popular vote, or who actually wrote "Art of the Deal"...
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    And he should know, HE WAS THERE!

It isn't like he's a serial liar or anything who lied about his crowd size, or lied about his height, or his own weight, or whether his staff had ever met Russian lawyers, or who is responsible for his own immigration policy, or who his tax cuts benefit, or who in fact won the popular vote, or who actually wrote "Art of the Deal"...
    Da Man's a genius!

Given the usual requirements for admission to a top school like Wharton, I estimate that Mr. Trump has a 156 IQ at the minimum.

The standard description of this level of intelligence is “Genius — Exception intellectual ability and capable of looking beyond known facts.

Snopes tried to qualify it as "false," naturally, but their arguments don't hold water.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do...ence-quotient/

https://fallbrook247.com/the-33-brig...d-by-iq-score/
    Last edited by Fredrico; 5 Days Ago at 04:56 PM.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Da Man's a genius!

Given the usual requirements for admission to a top school like Wharton, I estimate that Mr. Trump has a 156 IQ at the minimum.

The standard description of this level of intelligence is “Genius — Exception intellectual ability and capable of looking beyond known facts.”

Snopes tried to qualify it as "false," naturally, but their arguments don't hold water.

And by "don't hold water"...you of course mean they're based in fact and history. Given your startling predictability I'd advise against any wagers on hide-and-go-seek.

xxl
    Da Man's a genius!

The standard description of this level of intelligence is “Genius — Exception intellectual ability and capable of looking beyond known facts.”

Why do you say "snopes arguments don't hold water"?

And why bring it up in a thread on Trump/Russia collusion?

The last link/clickbait you posted had this falsehood in the opening paragraph:

"You’re in luck because every US president that’s entered office has taken an IQ test."

No need to read any further.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Trump is a liar, a criminal, and a despicable human being.

the fact that he managed to become POTUS doesn't make him any less so.

it's not hard to understand why a huge number of Americans hate him.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

RoadBikeReview Member
    Da Man's a genius!

[I]Given the usual requirements for admission to a top school like Wharton, I estimate that Mr. Trump has a 156 IQ at the minimum.
    You've been given two ideas... one is that Trump entered Wharton which have high requirements for intelligence... two is that Trump has the vocabulary of a 6 year old. Given that disparity I'd say you're missing the idea that money gets you into universities where your brain won't.

Can Your Buy Your Way Into Business School? | MBA Applicant

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Da Man's a genius!

[I]Given the usual requirements for admission to a top school like Wharton, I estimate that Mr. Trump has a 156 IQ at the minimum.]
    You should stop talking about IQ tests. You clearly have no clue about them.
    a) IQ tests are not used for college admissions.
    b) There's no way you could possibly guess what his IQ is.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    Trump is a liar, a criminal, and a despicable human being.

the fact that he managed to become POTUS doesn't make him any less so.

it's not hard to understand why a huge number of Americans hate him.
    It's also easy to love da guy. Middle class, conservative Judeo-Christians still in control in the heartland, are being steamrolled into obsolescence by snooty city slicker intellectuals, parodied by Chris Hayes and Don Lemon, desperate to remain relevant thanks to the electoral college skewing the value of the popular vote that elected Bush and Trump. Detractors in turn turn every Trump achievement into a scandal, display of weakness, as if he's controlled by shadowy Russian oligarchs seeking to rape civilization of its riches.

His unabashed, direct style so offends proper middle class sensibilities, they lose sight of the political reality he's fallen into and how successful he is dealing with it. Unemployment way down. Jobs looking for people. Wages going up. Investors happy.

What else can a POTUS do? Tame evil enemies and try to get along? We have plenty of blood on our hands. Understand where Putin or Kim are coming from and work to get them to do what you want. Treat them like leaders and they step up to the plate and lead, as Kim is doing. Also Putin is doing in the ME, when you think about it. And China is doing in SE Asia. All aimed at ending warfare and insuring peace and security for all. The US, China, Russia, and their respective allies can share power in the spirit of cooperation of equals, or as ideological rivals intent on domination. Which would you choose?
    Last edited by Fredrico; 5 Days Ago at 06:20 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    pathological narcissism disorder.

Let’s take a look at the standard diagnosis criteria of NPD, as set forth by the DSM-IV-TR, which defines NPD as:

… an all-pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behaviour), need for admiration or adulation and lack of empathy, usually beginning by early adulthood and present in various contexts.

According to this diagnostic manual, NPD is present when at least five of the following criteria are met:

-------has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
    --------is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
    --------believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
    -------- requires excessive admiration
    --------has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
    ---------is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
    --------lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
    -----------is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
    -----------shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

You can have a high IQ and still be a dangerous SOB. What does IQ have to do with douchery?

Adorable Furry Hombre
    It's also easy to love da guy. Middle class, conservative Judeo-Christians still in control in the heartland, are being steamrolled into obsolescence by snooty city slicker intellectuals, parodied by Chris Hayes and Don Lemon, desperate to remain relevant thanks to the electoral college skewing the value of the popular vote that elected Bush and Trump. Detractors in turn turn every Trump achievement into a scandal, display of weakness, as if he's controlled by shadowy Russian oligarchs seeking to rape civilization of its riches.

His unabashed, direct style so offends proper middle class sensibilities, they lose sight of the political reality he's fallen into and how successful he is dealing with it. Unemployment way down. Jobs looking for people. Wages going up. Investors happy.

What else can a POTUS do? Tame evil enemies and try to get along? We have plenty of blood on our hands. Understand where Putin or Kim are coming from and work to get them to do what you want. Treat them like leaders and they step up to the plate and lead, as Kim is doing. Also Putin is doing in the ME, when you think about it. And China is doing in SE Asia. All aimed at ending warfare and insuring peace and security for all. The US, China, Russia, and their respective allies can share power in the spirit of cooperation of equals, or as ideological rivals intent on domination. Which would you choose?

Now that, right there, is outright brilliant sarcasm. Such a shame you're serious.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    pathological narcissism disorder.

Let’s take a look at the standard diagnosis criteria of NPD, as set forth by the DSM-IV-TR, which defines NPD as:

… an all-pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behaviour), need for admiration or adulation and lack of empathy, usually beginning by early adulthood and present in various contexts.

According to this diagnostic manual, NPD is present when at least five of the following criteria are met:

-------has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
    --------is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
    --------believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
    -------- requires excessive admiration
    --------has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
    ---------is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
    --------lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
    -----------is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
    -----------shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

You can have a high IQ and still be a dangerous SOB. What does IQ have to do with douchery?
    Point well made, geniuses can be real ********s. In fact most are irreverent of proper middle class behavior, off exercising their voluminous minds. Geniuses are always eccentric.

Trump sure qualifies. Don't think he's quite the cold, calculated, "narcissistic," or lacks empathy. In that he's demonstrated compassion for others beyond the standards of the Victorian gentlemen. He's being criticized for treating Kim as a head of state, showing respect, without which there is no deal, a thing Obama or Hillary Clinton could never conjure up with Putin or NK.

The idea is to get your enemies out of their caves. Look them in the eye and all of a sudden they aren't quite the zombies you imagined. Kudos to Trump if he meets Putin in his trip to NATO summit meeting. What a great political move, eh? Being the guy in the middle, the peacemaker? Who woulda known?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Now that, right there, is outright brilliant sarcasm. Such a shame you're serious.
    Thanks! I try to keep my sword finely sharpened!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Manafort is a litmus test. He is a truly deplorable person.For decades he worked to enable dictators and war criminals. The evidence is overwhelming that he avoided taxes on tens of millions of dollars. He is jail now because he tried to recruit others to commit perjury in order to cover up his crimes.

When folks like Hannity, Carlson, and Trump minimize his crimes, deflect, and obfuscate it only reinforces the fact that they have no interest in the truth. They are co-conspirators with trash.

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    " Kudos to Trump if he meets Putin in his trip to NATO summit meeting. What a great political move, eh? Being the guy in the middle, the peacemaker? Who woulda known?"

So, the Donald has been summoned to meet the boss and receive new marching orders before the NATO summit. Who would have known?

Life is short... enjoy the ride.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    " Kudos to Trump if he meets Putin in his trip to NATO summit meeting. What a great political move, eh? Being the guy in the middle, the peacemaker? Who woulda known?"

So, the Donald has been summoned to meet the boss and receive new marching orders before the NATO summit. Who would have known?

Well according to Putin, he and Trump talk all the time. So I imagine he gets his marching orders regularly.

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    Well according to Putin, he and Trump talk all the time. So I imagine he gets his marching orders regularly.
    Sometimes the meeting has to be made face to face, in order for the boss to put proper emphasis on obedience.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    Sometimes the meeting has to be made face to face, in order for the boss to put proper emphasis on obedience.
    Trump has expressed admiration for Russian contributions to world literature, art, music, and would like to include Russians in the world community, not shut them out.

When a country, usually already close to a failed state, gets shut out of the international community, its leaders naturally take step to compensate, such as build nukes and form allies aligned against your interests, such as Russia and Iran. The US typically finds itself fighting for the reactionaries, such as the Pinochet regime in Chile, the Shah of Iran, for a long time Hosni Mubarak of Egypt, and now the arch conservative Saudi Arabian royalty.

Look at how Trump transformed Rocket Man from a pariah into a pu$$y cat. Sometimes that's all it takes, providing negotiators follow it up and don't drop the ball. Once expectations are set up, the will is there, if anything, to save face, to avoid failure. If NK and SK really want it, they'll get it. Don't believe that was the situation last time around.

Trump is going to talk to Putin about leasing Crimea from Ukraine, ending the stupid war in eastern Ukraine, and lifting the sanctions. As a reward, NATO will remove nuke missiles from eastern Europe, whether aimed at Iran, Russia's ally, or Russia itself.

That will open up a whole new world of possibilities, such as ending the Syrian war and bringing a semblance of peace to the ME. The Chinese would also be pleased. Allies, Japan, Taiwan are already set up to act as independent sovereignties with their own defense strategies, tailored to the political realities of their neighbors, such as Duterte's flirtations of the Chinese, or Hong Kong and Taiwan's relationship with China.

Good stuff is starting to happen. Trump is in the right place at the right time to shepherd that into some major changes for the better that traditional strategic thinking always minimzes: diplomacy. Don't laugh. Insults are a part of the game.
    Last edited by Fredrico; 3 Days Ago at 09:49 PM.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 22232425 LastLast