Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Voter fraud, paid protesters, etc.

Poll Watchers — Wright, Williams and Associates

You, yes you, fellow RBR PO poaster, can become a GOP-paid Poll Watcher! Tomorrow, November 6, you can earn up to $150 by monitoring your local polling place to make sure that people vote corre...wait, to make sure people vote for the RIGHT candidate (as opposed to the left one).

Do your duty as a patriotic, upstanding US Citizen and call today!
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Actually ... I can't.

We don't have polling stations in Oregon, just drop boxes as we only have "Vote by mail" here.
    Snakebit: "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have a source? I don't make a note of everything I see or hear on the internet and you don't have to take my word for it."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post

You, yes you, fellow RBR PO poaster, can become a GOP-paid Poll Watcher! Tomorrow, November 6, you can earn up to $150 by monitoring your local polling place to make sure that people vote corre...wait, to make sure people vote for the RIGHT candidate (as opposed to the left one).

What will indicate the massive fraud actually happened?

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    You tell us.

IIRC, you seemed a mite concerned over vote fraud in other threads, but concern was all you could produce when asked about it actually happening, at least at the retail level. Has that changed?
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    You tell us.

IIRC, you seemed a mite concerned over vote fraud in other threads, but concern was all you could produce when asked about it actually happening, at least at the retail level. Has that changed?
    You want me to tell you what will tip you off as to voter fraud? Easy peasy, a repub victory.

Yes, I believe fraud occurs and I believe non citizens vote.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I can't speak for anyone else, but around here, we do have paid poll monitors employed by the city, after undergoing a thorough background check, and training to be as unbiased and transparent as possible.

My issue is with the second sentence in the first paragraph:
    Up and down the ballot, Republican victories are at stake and we cannot let critical polls go ‘un-watched’.
    These poll watchers are being hired to oversee tight races and ensure a Republican victory. These poll watchers are not unbiased, and have a clear agenda, being funded by a private-interest group with a clear rightward tilt. If the races being overseen by poll watchers funded by WWA.GOP are won by Republicans, given the bias of the special-interest group funding the watchers, it would definitely indicate (not prove, but definitely indicate) that maybe some voter intimidation or ballot fraud occurred, and should probably be investigated.

xxl
    You want me to tell you what will tip you off as to voter fraud? Easy peasy, a repub victory.

Yes, I believe fraud occurs and I believe non citizens vote.
    No, I want you to tell me what you think will show voter fraud.

I'm sure you believe in it, and I'm sure you believe non-citizens vote, just as I'm sure some people believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus, despite much evidence for the existence of, well, any of those.

I realize it's a tough task to ask you, given your failure to substantiate your beliefs in previous threads, but you were the one who asked the question here.

So: What will indicate, to you, that massive vote fraud actually happened?

waterproof*
    * not actually a Rock Star

off the back
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    Until he actually votes, it's not voter fraud.

More likely, someone who gets paid for each registration they send in is fudging the books.
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.

RoadBikeReview Member
    It happens, just on very small scales.

A few years ago here in Oregon, a woman working at the election office was arrested for voter fraud.

She was going through the ballots and when somebody left a candidate selection blank, she was filling in the "Dot" with her own vote, all of which were for the GOP candidate. She affected somewhere around 20-30 ballots out of about 40,000 in that area.

Not enough to sway an election in this state, but voter fraud all the same ... much do the dismay of people like Snakebit, it was GOP voter fraud and not some undocumented immigrant, deceased registrant, etc.
    Snakebit: "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have a source? I don't make a note of everything I see or hear on the internet and you don't have to take my word for it."

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Walking around money now seems to have gone bipartisan.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-today/276503/

NSFW
    Despite all evidence to the contrary, a significant number of people are absolutely convinced they have good reason to be afraid. They are afraid of non-existent legions of non-citizens voting just as they fear a not-so massive horde of walkers still 1000 miles away from the border. There is no logic, there are no facts good enough to dispel the fear gripping the minds of the fearful.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ullr View Post
    Despite all evidence to the contrary, a significant number of people are absolutely convinced they have good reason to be afraid. They are afraid of non-existent legions of non-citizens voting just as they fear a not-so massive horde of walkers still 1000 miles away from the border. There is no logic, there are no facts good enough to dispel the fear gripping the minds of the fearful.
    Despite the vast distances and technological hurdles … many people think we are going to be invaded by an alien species from another planet/galaxy and should prepare for it.

Worse than that, there are many people that think we have already been invaded by an alien species from another world and are hiding in plain sight, posing as humans.

The world is full of insane ideas and people, fear will always rule them and fear will always control them. It's all they know and will listen to … somebody like Trump taps into that fear and controls them with it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiebiker View Post
    The world is full of insane ideas and people, fear will always rule them and fear will always control them. It's all they know and will listen to … somebody like Trump taps into that fear and controls them with it.
    The funny thing is that when the Republicans say they have driven the deficit too high with our tax cuts for the rich so now it's necessary to cut Medicare/Medicaid/SS these same people act like it will never happen. They rely on these programs, they're told that cuts are coming, that Republicans want these cuts and they ignore the risk. I look forward to lots of buyers' remorse.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    The funny thing is that when the Republicans say they have driven the deficit too high with our tax cuts for the rich so now it's necessary to cut Medicare/Medicaid/SS these same people act like it will never happen. They rely on these programs, they're told that cuts are coming, that Republicans want these cuts and they ignore the risk. I look forward to lots of buyers' remorse.
    I'm not looking forward to the buyers remorse ... though, when they do realize what they have done, it will hit them like a sledgehammer.

I work in a field that relies on Medicaid and Medicare to function (Mental Health), without it, or by cutting funding in major ways, not only is my job at risk ... but the millions that need the services will no longer get them, causing "MASSIVE" issues that will reverberate across the country, in every state blue or red.

It won't be pretty, but the damage will be done.

xxl
    Sorry, we were actually looking for cases of "massive vote fraud," say, massive enough to throw an election. Got any of those?

Vote fraud happens daily, all over the nation, if that means "instances where people are, through some organized design, routinely denied the impact of their votes." There's even a word for it--gerrymandering. There are other GOP measures designed to disenfranchise voters, chickenshit stuff like moving poll locations, or having odd hours, or excessively stringent registration requirements.

But folks here were referring to retail vote fraud, on a massive scale--very hard to perpetrate, when you think about it, just from a logistical POV, which might explain why it's so rare, on the order of being attacked by a shark...when you live in Kansas...and the shark is rabid.

I mean, Donald Trump with an attorney and $130,000 couldn't keep even one woman's mouth shut--would anyone really think word of vote fraud on a massive scale wouldn't slip out?

waterproof*
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Sorry, we were actually looking for cases of "massive vote fraud," say, massive enough to throw an election. Got any of those?

Mmm I dunno, Bush v Gore and hanging chads come to mind. But none of that election was important, or in dispute, or close, right?

Then there's the WI senate seat that Al Franken won (many still believe) due to ballot stuffing.

And of course he later voted for Obamacare, which passed by 1 vote.

Of course somebody will say "that doesn't fit my arbitrarily just now redefined definition of what I consider to be vote / electoral fraud"

And that's fine. We can choose to care about vote integrity, or not, that's freedom.

But getting back to those who would accuse me of believing in fairy tales despite sound evidence on both sides of politics of close elections being decided by questionable votes... um no. Evidence is evidence, actual cases are plentiful. You can minimize, disparage, gaslight, move goalposts all you like. Your attempts to deny and distort plain reality reflect on your own credibility.

Those who point to gerrymandering and other legal shenanigans - ok fine if you don't like it, I also have problems with some of those things. But the key difference is "legal". Those things are duly, publically passed by rule of law, enforceable and testable in courts.

That's not the same thing as straight - up cheating the system, which, again, I repeat, is commonplace and well documented and has credibly swung many important elections.

RoadBikeReview Member
    ^^^^

Nope --- you are mistaking a mechanical malfunction for voter fraud If it were then Gore wouldn't have thrown in the towel..

Got any other examples?
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    So, where is the actual evidence of vote tampering in your post?

Then there's the WI senate seat that Al Franken won (many still believe) due to ballot stuffing.
    "Many still believe" is not evidence of tampering, just peoples opinion.

With Bush/Gore, where is the evidence that voter tampering took place? There was a lot of opinion and innuendo, but no actual proof, charges or other placed on individuals.

So far you have provided an examples of where people "Felt" like there was voter tampering or fraud, but no "Actual proof" or "Evidence" of fraud.

Nice try, but some actual evidence would be nice.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    If I may be so bold as to nudge the discussion back on track...did anyone encounter GOP "helpers" at the polls today? I wonder if they materialized at all, lured by the promise of a $150 payment to make sure people voted for the right candidate (as determined by a privately funded special interest group, tasked with fluffing the GOP vote).

gazing from the shadows
    That would have been some serious shenanigans, given that he ran in Minnesota.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member

is this not like election scrutineering? In my country (Canada) the political parties are permitted to have scrutineers on site to observe the election process. Not allowed to actually touch anything, just observe what goes on during the voting and the counting. They are allowed to see the actual votes and will usually keep their own tally.

I did this job as as scrutineer one year when I had spare time to do so. There was myself and 2 other scrutineers from the other main parties at this polling site. We were all volunteers.

no big deal, if it is just scrutineers
    Faith is pretending to know things you don't know

waterproof*
    If I may be so bold as to nudge the discussion back on track...did anyone encounter GOP "helpers" at the polls today? I wonder if they materialized at all, lured by the promise of a $150 payment to make sure people voted for the right candidate (as determined by a privately funded special interest group, tasked with fluffing the GOP vote).
    damn wish I'd seen this earlier

waterproof*
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    That would have been some serious shenanigans, given that he ran in Minnesota.
    meh they're all the same up there in the frozen North deplorable flyover country

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast