Quiet, daddy's drinking

What's on the Supreme Court horizon.

The Supreme Court and it's decisions have been a hot topic as of late so when I looked at the newest addition of The National Law Journal and read the article concerning what cases the high court might accept for it's next term I decided to post a few.

Last year a three judge court of appeals panel upheld the constitutionality of Section 5 of the Federal Voting Rights Act of 1965, one of the landmark provisions of the civil rights movement. Could the Supremes actually take the case and overturn it declaring the act unconstitutional? Here's a link to some background on the case. http://www.brennancenter.org/content...no_v_gonzales/

On a lighter note, how do you feel about "fleeting expletives"? In FCC v. Fox Television Stations, the court of appeals struck down a policy change of the FCC. The FCC had changed a 30 year policy and decided to ban fleeting expletives. The appeals court found the change to be arbitrary and capricious and that the FCC had failed to produce any evidence that a fleeting expletive is harmful or serious enough to warrant government regulation. So where the *#@%^ do you stand on this issue?
    Just because you won't listen to reason does not mean I have to listen to idiocy.

I'm outdoorsy in that I like getting drunk on patios.

Legal Notice: General disclosure of non offensive intent.

The above internet forum poster, by and through the act of posting and participating in said forum, does hereby disclaim and disavow any offensive intent by way of written word, gesture, or emoticon and none should thus be inferred or taken.

RIP Funny Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtleherder
    On a lighter note, how do you feel about "fleeting expletives"? In FCC v. Fox Television Stations, the court of appeals struck down a policy change of the FCC. The FCC had changed a 30 year policy and decided to ban fleeting expletives. The appeals court found the change to be arbitrary and capricious and that the FCC had failed to produce any evidence that a fleeting expletive is harmful or serious enough to warrant government regulation. So where the *#@%^ do you stand on this issue?
    Approves...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush
    Approves...
    You fargin bastids.....I keeel you.
    Just fast enough to know I am slow.

Quiet, daddy's drinking
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush
    Approves...

Of course you would you icehole.

/A republican hung me on a hook once . . . . . . . once.
    Just because you won't listen to reason does not mean I have to listen to idiocy.

I'm outdoorsy in that I like getting drunk on patios.

Legal Notice: General disclosure of non offensive intent.

The above internet forum poster, by and through the act of posting and participating in said forum, does hereby disclaim and disavow any offensive intent by way of written word, gesture, or emoticon and none should thus be inferred or taken.

Call me a Fred
    What the **** is a 'fleeting expletive'? Is that cussing on a cruise ship?
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H